AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Announcing more items and actually coming to market are two entirely separate things. I'm hoping they can start to deliver on last year's shown items at minimal and anything from this year coming out within a years time is a bonus.
Sponsored

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just posted this in the 2019 SEMA coverage thread, but figured, since it was also announced in the 2018 SEMA thread and still hasn't come out, i'll post it here as well to see if anyone knows but isn't following that thread...

Did AEV say anything about the rear bumper availability or being approved for production?

I understand the stubby front bumper is approved, the full size bumper is not. But I didn't read anything about the rear bumper/tire carrier.

Anyone know the answer to that?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The JL AEV Salta's were said in 2018 to be out in 2019. Now that 2019 is about over still no word. Quite a few people asked about the Salta in the AEV forums, and the last update from ARV was just a 2019 release. I want to wait as the Salta is still my all time favorite wheel, but may have to move on. The Method 314 is close, so may end up with a set of those.

wtbman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I hope no one is still holding their breath. I was dissapointed to find out about these mythical bumpers today only to find they don't actually exist and may never.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I hope no one is still holding their breath. I was dissapointed to find out about these mythical bumpers today only to find they don't actually exist and may never.
They do exist...check out some of the turnkey builds they’ve sold with them installed. All we need is their production capacity to support part sales volumes rather than just package sales volumes.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I haven’t seen any photos of the new turnkey builds.... any photos of the JL370 ?? Got a link ?

JT_JLU_Rubi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I just called AEV on this issue. They acknowledged that they blew their April deadline for bumper release. He said it is not canceled, but with COVID he does not have any estimates for when it will be released.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just called AEV on this issue. They acknowledged that they blew their April deadline for bumper release. He said it is not canceled, but with COVID he does not have any estimates for when it will be released.
They had very different expected timeframes for the front and rear when I talked to them in March. Rear was already being produced in small quantities for the turnkey builds with plans to expand production in March/April. Front was delayed for further crash testing and design changes until probably Fall...maybe later with covid. Unless they’re having supplier steel shortages, the rear should still be viable for production now that Michigan is back to manufacturing.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
JLURD,

I appreciate the referral....I don't have Instagram. If you know of any other sites, please post it. Otherwise, I'll just wait.....

Chris

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
They had very different expected timeframes for the front and rear when I talked to them in March. Rear was already being produced in small quantities for the turnkey builds with plans to expand production in March/April. Front was delayed for further crash testing and design changes until probably Fall...maybe later with covid. Unless they’re having supplier steel shortages, the rear should still be viable for production now that Michigan is back to manufacturing.
And still no Salta's for the JL :(

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]
JLURD,

I appreciate the referral....I don't have Instagram. If you know of any other sites, please post it. Otherwise, I'll just wait.....

Chris
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage] F9FC77D5-8AD3-442C-B04E-A461DBC9961E

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Damn, that’s Sharp !

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
One day we'll find these AEV front and rear bumpers to purchase - right now...and since 2018.... it's like hunting for a unicorn
Sponsored