AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
A buddy of mine just installed the 2.5" (I believe) on his 2019 Sahara and plans to put 35's on soon. He still has the stock Sahara tires/wheels.....He said it handles amazing.....better than stock....which is what I have heard about the AEV lifts in the past...

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Had time to get impressions on the ride quality? Flex?
Yes got a few miles on it now.
Rides great, I describe it as more car like, stiffer and more responsive. The jeep is pretty light(thinking i got 3+” of lift) but it still rides great, yes better than stock and still not harsh at all. Id say with a heavier rig would be even better but as of right now, maybe a little bit of armour and proper rock sliders is all i will add so it wont change much. I would recommend this forsure, especially to anyone that daily drives the jeep

Yes just went to test the flex, it lifted it alot like i said and made the 35s look a little small imo but it still stuffs them at full bump.

F0B9B549-42FE-48E9-ACA9-39D75CBF8EF0.jpeg

6F03B035-FFC8-4351-A13F-1C2061EBC014.jpeg

C45F31D7-8FB1-44AF-B7C1-B50F611F0E6E.jpeg

CB1BBFE3-5E60-4273-B1A0-17996B4B6B1B.jpeg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yes got a few miles on it now.
Rides great, I describe it as more car like, stiffer and more responsive. The jeep is pretty light(thinking i got 3+” of lift) but it still rides great, yes better than stock and still not harsh at all. Id say with a heavier rig would be even better but as of right now, maybe a little bit of armour and proper rock sliders is all i will add so it wont change much. I would recommend this forsure, especially to anyone that daily drives the jeep

Yes just went to test the flex, it lifted it alot like i said and made the 35s look a little small imo but it still stuffs them at full bump.

F0B9B549-42FE-48E9-ACA9-39D75CBF8EF0.jpeg
Thank you for your insights. I'm hoping to avoid lifting, but I do see a need for stiffer springs as I keep adding weight with skids, winch, bigger tires, etc.

Sliders on the way, I seem to be falling right back into the previous Jeep's pitfall. :asshat:

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your insights. I'm hoping to avoid lifting, but I do see a need for stiffer springs as I keep adding weight with skids, winch, bigger tires, etc.

Sliders on the way, I seem to be falling right back into the previous Jeep's pitfall. :asshat:
Don’t do it! Weight is the killer! On my Jeep and me haha

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I am still looking at all the options for my springs. I don't plan to buy a complete kit as the shocks i want are not in one. I really want to keep it as low as I can for a multitude of reasons. I was looking at the AEV 2.5" springs, they seem pretty nice and I am sure the quality is great. Right oe looking at AEV 2.5" springs, EVO 2.5" plush ride springs, Synergy 2" springs, teraflex 2.5" springs and the dynatrac 2" lift. I would prefer a true 2". I like the dynatrac, but have no use for the shocks. May end up with that and sell the shocks that come with it. Also thinking of the Mopar springs. I want a spring that will hold up to lots of miles offroad. AEV seems like it may be one of the better long term.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I am still looking at all the options for my springs. I don't plan to buy a complete kit as the shocks i want are not in one. I really want to keep it as low as I can for a multitude of reasons. I was looking at the AEV 2.5" springs, they seem pretty nice and I am sure the quality is great. Right oe looking at AEV 2.5" springs, EVO 2.5" plush ride springs, Synergy 2" springs, teraflex 2.5" springs and the dynatrac 2" lift. I would prefer a true 2". I like the dynatrac, but have no use for the shocks. May end up with that and sell the shocks that come with it. Also thinking of the Mopar springs. I want a spring that will hold up to lots of miles offroad. AEV seems like it may be one of the better long term.
I can only speak for the aev ones, plus you can just buy the springs. But yeah, its a true 2.5” with weight. If your heavy its the ideal coil, if not you’ll get a little more lift but its still a nice ride. Its crazy how noticeable the diameter of the spring is larger than the stock springs.

Also agree, hopefully next year i can convince myself to ditch the Bilstein 5100 and go with fox or something thats a little softer for my setup, i think that would make it perfect

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I can only speak for the aev ones, plus you can just buy the springs. But yeah, its a true 2.5” with weight. If your heavy its the ideal coil, if not you’ll get a little more lift but its still a nice ride. Its crazy how noticeable the diameter of the spring is larger than the stock springs.

Also agree, hopefully next year i can convince myself to ditch the Bilstein 5100 and go with fox or something thats a little softer for my setup, i think that would make it perfect
I plan to run the Fox factory race 2.5" remote res. Shocks, and will have a full skid system with a winch etc. so weight should not be an issue. My biggest hurdle has been finding spring specs. Synergy does great and gives you the compressed, extended, and spring rates for all of their springs. It is easy to see what you are getting and match it to other components. So far I have not found the same specs for any of the others.

You mention that the AEV coils are thicker, did any of the material give you the spring rates, or extended or compressed length?

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to run the Fox factory race 2.5" remote res. Shocks, and will have a full skid system with a winch etc. so weight should not be an issue. My biggest hurdle has been finding spring specs. Synergy does great and gives you the compressed, extended, and spring rates for all of their springs. It is easy to see what you are getting and match it to other components. So far I have not found the same specs for any of the others.

You mention that the AEV coils are thicker, did any of the material give you the spring rates, or extended or compressed length?
Sounds like a nice set up. Nope, just part numbers etc. No specifics.

Heres a photo of a base model 2dr sport front coil vs 2dr aev. Id say i got 3” over stock, I didn’t measure but the spring isn’t or doesnt appear to be 3” longer

09281AB7-E5EE-4273-8A5A-FE59201B5AC7.jpeg

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Hopefully, AEV comes out with the bumper and the tire carrier before I decide on something else.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully, AEV comes out with the bumper and the tire carrier before I decide on something else.
I keep thinking about aluminum bumpers, and loosing the spare, loosing the winch, and whatever else I can to go light weight.

But then I look at the pictures and I am back to waiting for these damn bumpers. :asshat:

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
This. Is. Getting. Ridiculous.

I cannot believe that these bumpers are still unavailable.... how long has it been?
Sponsored