JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Met with Nicholas from AEV at a local Jeep show today. Front bumpers are expected in August.

No plans to release an AEV JL hood, but they are considering functional heat reduction inserts for the Rubicon/Moab hoods.
No plans to release rock sliders or sidesteps.

They plan to release another wheel soon, snorkel intake (2 versions depending on fender flare type, and requires cutting the hood,) floor mats, splash guards, and fuel caddy.

Also found out the JL Pintler wheels weigh 27 lbs each

1CF84626-E966-4784-ABA2-26576395886F.jpeg

97D5B447-8DBC-4378-B2B6-6F63D0B80D80.jpeg

24AF9518-7DCF-44FE-ABC2-D15EB11AB67A.jpeg

036523C5-AD64-4FB4-B992-BB47A68A89EB.jpeg

80966B06-9EC5-49E2-B7DC-1FA16E6F11BE.jpeg

6CD9FDC6-9802-4B51-83C9-EA28CFC9F50E.jpeg

E49053E2-8ADA-48A1-894E-71895B14F55C.jpeg

539C2DC7-4568-47C7-812A-BDD9D6397D9B.jpeg

1EA64734-05CE-4A93-8CDD-CA8415E78EE4.jpeg

A3AE984B-8E29-45D9-86F1-8D9FE388AD9D.jpeg

A9E8B948-93D9-4499-B47A-551D8EFE43AA.jpeg

C57CE2CB-C48A-4239-8698-DC3C074D97B5.jpeg

Last edited:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Met with Nicholas from AEV at a local Jeep show today. Front bumpers are expected in August.

No plans to release an AEV JL hood, but they are considering functional heat reduction inserts for the Rubicon/Moab hoods.
No plans to release rock sliders or sidesteps.

They plan to release another wheel soon, snorkel intake (2 versions depending on fender flare type, and requires cutting the hood,) floor mats, splash guards, and fuel caddy.

Also found out the JL Pintler wheels weigh 27 lbs each
Did they say anything about the rear bumper?

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did they say anything about the rear bumper?
I didn't ask for an ETA but he did say all the "metal parts" are being worked on now. I can ask him when he responds to my email.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’m waiting on the front and rear bumpers. Bummed to hear they are out to August now.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a step under the rear bumper?

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a step under the rear bumper?
Yes, you put the license plate there, but you can fold it down and use it as a step. Look at youtube videos from SEMA of AEV’s JL Wranglers. They show how it works.

Last edited:

dave-geri

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Did they mention what “soon” meant for the snorkel?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Surprising that AEV is taking over a year and a half to release their big ticket products for the JL. I imagine their C-suite realizes they've missed capturing real revenue from early adopters and is pushing hard to move things along. At this juncture, I don't buy that they've deliberately waited to let other companies work the kinks out....sounds like poor planning and execution.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Surprising that AEV is taking over a year and a half to release their big ticket products for the JL. I imagine their C-suite realizes they've missed capturing real revenue from early adopters and is pushing hard to move things along. At this juncture, I don't buy that they've deliberately waited to let other companies work the kinks out....sounds like poor planning and execution.
We'll, if they wait for others to do the R&D then they don't have the capacity or know-how to do it themselves. I don't buy that. I think their forays into other vehicles and markets left them without the capability to simultaneously support development for the JL. That's not necessarily poor planning as much as prioritizing. They are making big bucks on other platforms, so I get it. Their delay cost them on the JL but only they know if it made them money in the big picture on their other projects. I know this: I would have given them a serious look if they'd had their products out in time for my JL. My suspension mods are now settled, so I won't be shopping them.

I don't buy their story of taking their time to do it right. Other lesser companies went to market quickly and successfully. They started late. The JL suspension isn't rocket science. It is an evolution of a design whose basic layout has been around since the ZJ. AEV could have done it easily, had it been their priority.

colojeepr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubi
I don't buy their story of taking their time to do it right. Other lesser companies went to market quickly and successfully. They started late. The JL suspension isn't rocket science. It is an evolution of a design whose basic layout has been around since the ZJ. AEV could have done it easily, had it been their priority.
I took the mojitodream in the other day to get the free oil change at the dealer and heard the service staff and parts manager talking about the AEV bumpers and how delivery has slipped by several quarters at this point. The scuttle butt is that apparently the tooling ordered for the boron steel stamping was the wrong size and the first pieces off the press did not fit correctly thus forcing AEV to have to junk the dies and reorder. Makes total sense if the stamped items finished too small and were rubbing.

Once upon a time I used to order stamping dies for softer materials and of a much smaller finished size and it was hella expensive. My guess is that if accurate, this mistake was a significant expense and that sort of die is going to have an ugly lead time.

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I want that rear bumper, thats amazing. I was looking at Chevy ZR2 Bisons that have a similar style rock rail curved along the rear bumper and love the look. That rear bumper may be an addition I'll have to make if it comes out. I noticed from the first post the rear tire is mounted on the swing from the bumper, i wonder if thats optional if you'd like to leave the spare tire in the stock position?

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I want that rear bumper, thats amazing. I was looking at Chevy ZR2 Bisons that have a similar style rock rail curved along the rear bumper and love the look. That rear bumper may be an addition I'll have to make if it comes out. I noticed from the first post the rear tire is mounted on the swing from the bumper, i wonder if thats optional if you'd like to leave the spare tire in the stock position?
It'll probably be optional, the JK version is. I don't actually like their tire carrier because it mounts the spare slightly off center. I do love the bumper though

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I took the mojitodream in the other day to get the free oil change at the dealer and heard the service staff and parts manager talking about the AEV bumpers and how delivery has slipped by several quarters at this point. The scuttle butt is that apparently the tooling ordered for the boron steel stamping was the wrong size and the first pieces off the press did not fit correctly thus forcing AEV to have to junk the dies and reorder. Makes total sense if the stamped items finished too small and were rubbing.

Once upon a time I used to order stamping dies for softer materials and of a much smaller finished size and it was hella expensive. My guess is that if accurate, this mistake was a significant expense and that sort of die is going to have an ugly lead time.
Absolutely agree, when I bought my JL this weekend, the I visited the service desk and they told me roughly the same story; production was stunted by issues with getting "tools" to make the stamped steel parts.

I would rather wait for AEV products than jump the gun and spend 3/4 the money on inferior product just to "have it now." After owning a JKU with the AEV system, I simply cannot bring myself to buy any other brand. Their quality, fit and finish is industry leading. Never had to deal with warranty issues. Worth every single penny!

Also, the history between AEV and Mopar/Jeep to produce OE spec parts. AEV struck gold with the TJ "112 Unlimited", Chrysler saw the demand and brought out the "Unlimited" a year or two later and branded AEV's TJ/LJ winch bumper as a Mopar accessory.
Sponsored