Sponsored

AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This was posted on their Instagram yesterday. Glad they said weeks not months. Gives us a little hope. My guess is the Easter Jeep Safari n

33DC5CE7-5C04-4CDA-8E75-D04197D8F8E8.jpeg
Just to be clear that was in response to a follow-up question about the Borah wheels for the JL. Prior to that in the same “thread” they responded to the original question about JL bumpers by saying, “front is looking like summer. Hopefully the rear is not too far behind.”

I have absolutely no experience with engineering or R&D and I know people keep coming back to their great quality and attention to detail, but to take almost two years to get a product out is pretty crazy to me. It will be beyond my ability to justify anyway, so I don’t know why I care.
Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have absolutely no experience with engineering or R&D and I know people keep coming back to their great quality and attention to detail, but to take almost two years to get a product out is pretty crazy to me.
I have experience with creating products. If AEV was focused solely on the JL, then yeah, it would have been done long ago. But they're going to chase the biggest opportunities, and my guess is GM waived a monstrously large check in front of them to get the Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition out the door. And initially, the target market for JLs wasn't all that large. As a premium product vendor (the reason many of us will drool over AEV kit but are unlikely to pull the trigger) AEV can afford to wait.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
From what I have researched and seen first hand, WELL worth the wait !!
Nothing compares to the fit and finish of AEV. When you see a turnkey vehicle driving down the road you can just tell. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of excellent aftermarket companies....AEV just has as a way of making it look like Chrysler opened up an Overlanding Line. The best of what everyone seems to want, all wrapped up in something that looks like OEM but WAY better. They know what works and what doesn't....

I am in NO way associated with AEV. Just love what I've seen.....

Chris

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear that was in response to a follow-up question about the Borah wheels for the JL. Prior to that in the same “thread” they responded to the original question about JL bumpers by saying, “front is looking like summer. Hopefully the rear is not too far behind.”

I have absolutely no experience with engineering or R&D and I know people keep coming back to their great quality and attention to detail, but to take almost two years to get a product out is pretty crazy to me. It will be beyond my ability to justify anyway, so I don’t know why I care.

Dang I got my hopes up.

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Turbo Mojito
Occupation
IT Enterprise Systems Architect
Vehicle Showcase
This was posted on their Instagram yesterday. Glad they said weeks not months. Gives us a little hope. My guess is the Easter Jeep Safari n

33DC5CE7-5C04-4CDA-8E75-D04197D8F8E8.jpeg

that "matter of weeks" is a reply to my question of the Borah wheels. they said in the post "Front is looking like summer. hopefully rear is not too far behind"

Sponsored

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Coming soon they say.

7412BA89-5486-42EB-B9E0-C57978753A9A.png

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
SPANKY ! SPANKY, IS IT REALLY YOU ? miss ya buddy . "Bill-Stein" or "FOXY" ? What flavor shock is "in" now ? :) :like: :clap: :giggle: . . . let me go "think" on it . . . :ontheloo: .

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Coming soon they say.

7412BA89-5486-42EB-B9E0-C57978753A9A.png
So...I'm guessing it's a 2.5" lift based on the Rubicon, and 3.5" on the Sport?

Sponsored

TekSupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0
That rear bumper/carrier is phenomenal.

With those lights the front is.. stout? Looks like it might inhibit engine cooling a bit, i'd bet they tested though.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Sadly, their new bumper will impede the Front Camera that will most certainly be on next years JL. I like the bumper enough though that I'd do what ever it took to make the camera work, or just not use it, or get it at all.

As for air flow, I hope the JL comes with the JT grill next year. Or, the JT grill can be retro fitted on the JL.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, some of those pictures/memes are great for this AEV product launch waiting game.

Worst part about it is that i almost want to boycott at this point because it's a bit ridiculous that it takes this long, no R&D takes this long to get right for a freakin' bumper. But, to someone's point earlier that I didn't even think about but it makes sense now after reading it, with Chevy Bison they put out, they were pretty heavily focused on that for a long time. Of course with the popularity of the JL, you'd think they would have things figured out by now well over a year after release.

I've had AEV products on my previous JKU and they're great. Solid products and they look great, far better than a lot of stuff out there right now (at least in my opinion, but to each their own). To me it's worth it.

So, the wait continues....cheers to likely waiting another 6 months before i can take the plastic bumpers off my Jeep (got plastic ones up front because i didn't want to pay extra for steel, knowing that they'd be coming off anyway...just didn't realize it would take this long)

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
So, the wait continues....cheers to likely waiting another 6 months before i can take the plastic bumpers off my Jeep (got plastic ones up front because i didn't want to pay extra for steel, knowing that they'd be coming off anyway...just didn't realize it would take this long)
I bought the steel bumper so I wouldn't be tempted by the aftermarket. lol

Still waiting to buy the AEV bumpers. :CWL:

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
that "matter of weeks" is a reply to my question of the Borah wheels. they said in the post "Front is looking like summer. hopefully rear is not too far behind"
They've been saying weeks for the Borah wheels since November. On the AEV forum, "AEV Chris" said it would take a month or two for the JL Borahs to be released. That was on Nov 21st last year. My dealer is the AEV dealer in the area and I was really hoping one month was accurate so that I would be able to do a dealer swap for Borahs when my Jeep arrived. My Jeep actually showed up early on Dec 8th and I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting :time:

I asked for an update on the Borahs on their forum over a week ago... crickets :headbang: Pro Comps are starting to look better and better! "Weeks", could as easily mean 2 weeks or 100 weeks. I'll wait 2 weeks, but I won't wait 100 weeks. I have to wonder if "weeks" is marketing noise to keep people like me on the hook so that we don't bail on them and buy different wheels.

As some point I'll take one for the team and buy different wheels. I guarantee they'll be available the following day! :)
Sponsored