Sponsored

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Since there seems to be a consensus with this thread about the looks of the AEV bumper,

What other bumpers have you guys considered keeping the theme of looking somewhat OEM and having corners that match the body etc?

I'm mostly thinking about the rear. Happy with the factory steel front bumper.

I can't do the flat plated bumpers we see so often.
Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I may not have searched hard enough or appreciated what is out there but for rear bumpers WITH integrated tire carriers, I wasn't able to find anything that looked remotely OEM. I really didn't want cobweb designs or other large logos cut into the sheet metal of my bumper or carrier so ended up shelling out for AEV rear set up myself. It is super high quality (really love that) and made in USA (generally there is an uncharge for that). I would buy the rear again.

Interested in seeing what others suggest here. I don't mind if I have buyers remorse.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
They do the job and look as close to OEM as youā€™ll get for a much more functional rear end. Best spare fuel and shovel integration in the business if you need them. Install of the rear was a total bitch. Park assist sensors go off for no reason half the time probably because AEV ONLY had 3 years of R&D time to get that piece wrong.
Bummer to hear that the rear install is a pain. I don't know that I have any strong reason to change the front, so the OEM look of the rear is good and I would like to have the benefits of the tire carrier and extra diesel... Thanks for the info.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Bummer to hear that the rear install is a pain. I don't know that I have any strong reason to change the front, so the OEM look of the rear is good and I would like to have the benefits of the tire carrier and extra diesel... Thanks for the info.
I personally thought that the rear was easy. Just have to remove the passenger taillight and be sure to pull the OEM license plate light from the OEM bumper before installing the AEV bumper.

The front bumper... that one was a real PITA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Very pleased that I held out for past 2 plus years. I had almost given up. Got my bumper, tire carrier, and gas caddy a few weeks ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 0A6CCC34-0FC4-4B36-A33A-93771AD1E4B0
Andy, could you tell me what kind of trailer skid plate that is?

rex.c

First Name
rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu rubicon
Very pleased that I held out for past 2 plus years. I had almost given up. Got my bumper, tire carrier, and gas caddy a few weeks ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 0A6CCC34-0FC4-4B36-A33A-93771AD1E4B0
hi andy ... the rear bumper is awesome... by the way, is it needed to cut the body trim before install the fender extension and splash guards?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
hi andy ... the rear bumper is awesome... by the way, is it needed to cut the body trim before install the fender extension and splash guards?
The pinch seam at the back of the fender needs to be trimmed with an angle grinder to get those on.

rex.c

First Name
rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu rubicon
The pinch seam at the back of the fender needs to be trimmed with an angle grinder to get those on.
thx andy ... cut the body trim is most difficult part for me indeed ...

Sponsored

Coss

First Name
Cosmin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
Does anyone know the weight for the rear JL AEV Bumper without the tire carrier ?
Thank you

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Aev front bumper used to look good now they are fugly. Rear bumper good only because of the fuel caddy. Lots of options out there. To much blockage in front of the grill. I donā€™t care what arb says. They missed the boat.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Aev front bumper used to look good now they are fugly. Rear bumper good only because of the fuel caddy. Lots of options out there. To much blockage in front of the grill. I donā€™t care what arb says. They missed the boat.

JEEP392

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEVXR392
Too much blockage?
What the hell are you talking about?
Obviously you have no clue.āœŒšŸ¼
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 5867077C-672B-4B33-AA81-74C05131F85D

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Howā€™s the AEV bumper as far as weight and dimensions ? Heavier than stock steel group ? I assume maybe slightly. What about changes in departure angle?

Iā€™m not too worried about cutting my 392 ā€” that area is hidden anyway and itā€™s not like Iā€™m putting it in a bubble for a future collector.
Sponsored