First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Someone pointed out that its made from the Boron steel. So its going to be lighter and stronger on the market. Price makes more sense with that material.

whether or not its “worth it” i guess is up to the beholder
Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It’s easier to swallow if you just buy a JL/JT370.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
AEV bumpers were my first choice to put on my 2018 JLR when I first saw them, but I have wheeled for 2 summers so far with my SmittyBilt Stryker front and JCR Vanguard rear just fine, for less. I could not have waited. Note these ARE AEV wheels on my Ruby.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
What moron approved this lame / limp camera relocation mount design? Has got to be one of the silliest things I have yet seen from a reputable manufacturer...Price notwithstanding, that limp camera mount is reason enough not to buy this bumper!

Lot's of other great JL bumper options out there: Warn, LOD, ARB and many others...I went with Warn Elite front and rear bumpers earlier this year and very happy with them, I am sure I would also have been happy with any of the others I mentioned.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A better view of the front camera relocation kit. I mentioned it to AEV over a year ago to think about the relocation kit because if it's in the JT, then it would be coming on the JL. Don't like the look of it.

I wonder what other bumper manufacturers with bull bars are doing to accommodate the front camera relocation.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 1608658602264

Macdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I will-called a rear bumper set up at the AEV warehouse today. My JL has been good all year and deserved a decent X-mas gift.......atleast that's what I am telling myself.

20201223.jpg

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I will-called a rear bumper set up at the AEV warehouse today. My JL has been good all year and deserved a decent X-mas gift.......atleast that's what I am telling myself.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 20201223
Post pics. I will be nice to see real customer photos.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
For that kind of money I'll stick with the Mopar steel bumpers, buy a new set of rims and tires, upgrade to an audiophile stereo system, and take a mini off road vacation. Like seriously?
For that price I'll get Rubicon F&R axles, that would include paying my buddy to take his trailer a couple states over to pick them up! FWIW those AEVs do look SO GOOD!

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
A better view of the front camera relocation kit. I mentioned it to AEV over a year ago to think about the relocation kit because if it's in the JT, then it would be coming on the JL. Don't like the look of it.

I wonder what other bumper manufacturers with bull bars are doing to accommodate the front camera relocation.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 20201223
I just used high quality double sided sticky tape to mount my JL Tazer front camera on the bottom of bull bar of my Smittybilt Stryker bumper - works fine and far less obtrusive looking than the above.

Sponsored

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
WOW, that is pricy! Does their bumpers come with laser beak up what your going to hit, before it leaves a scratch on the bumpers?

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Any feedback on these? I'm tempted, but damn that cost...
I had AEV on my JK (stock on recon) and appreciated the quality and stylings... But damn, the cost...

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Any feedback on these? I'm tempted, but damn that cost...
I had AEV on my JK (stock on recon) and appreciated the quality and stylings... But damn, the cost...
They do the job and look as close to OEM as you’ll get for a much more functional rear end. Best spare fuel and shovel integration in the business if you need them. Install of the rear was a total bitch. Park assist sensors go off for no reason half the time probably because AEV ONLY had 3 years of R&D time to get that piece wrong.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Just seems like a big waste of money even if you have the money to spend. It is just a bumper. You can buy similar bumpers front and rear with winch and many more accessories for the cost of the front bumper.
Sponsored