Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Man... don’t you think they should have made it stuck out a bit more between those two round things.
Perhaps it was cold where they shot the promo?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
AEV can suck it. They took over two frakin’ years to bring this to market and this is the BS they pull. I think I’ll be happy to skip the penis cam as well.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Part of me thinks the high price is to offset the continued limited supply of them they’ll have throughout covid. They need to make their money back from R&D and if they can’t produce as many due to supply issues, the cost will go up on the ones they can sell.

KRDauw21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Let us know how the install goes if you’re wrenching your own rig.
I'm not getting the fender extensions at this moment, so I don't think the install will be that bad. I will let you knw how it goes. They haven't even called me yet to order it.

Do you think the fender extensions are a must have? Will it look funny without them?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
I'm not getting the fender extensions at this moment, so I don't think the install will be that bad. I will let you knw how it goes. They haven't even called me yet to order it.

Do you think the fender extensions are a must have? Will it look funny without them?
Personally I would want them. My AEV JK bumper had them built into the tanks and it looks much nicer with it matching the flare.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Without the fender extensions it may look incomplete. I have mud guards attached to mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 1608218681505

KRDauw21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Personally I would want them. My AEV JK bumper had them built into the tanks and it looks much nicer with it matching the flare.
Well, I just got the phone call. The fender extensions were added to the order. The guy at AEV told me I had to have them. And I agree it will look more complete. It just adds a little more to the install. Looks like i get to cut up the JL now.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
I really like this bumper. I particularly like how it integrates with the factory body lines and panels on the JL. I just cannot justify the cost.

I was really hoping this bumper wouldn't cost a fortune, but here we are. I guess I'll hunt for a different rear bumper that doesn't expose the rear seam (yes I know I have OCD)

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about the price.. what's a good rear bumper and tire carrier cost that's comparable to AEV?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Hmmmm. I just checked my original email from aev. It says that the bumper extensions are an extra $100. They give you the option of not choosing them. Are they telling you now that you have to have them? If that’s the case, that doesn’t make any sense.
how can you charge for an option that isn’t an option?

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I'd bet that the majority of those who would spend that much on bumpers, saved it by filling their undercarriage with spacers and geo correction brackets.

And that flaccid dick on the front bumper? Hilarious! :CWL: :facepalm:
I wonder if you can flip the mount for a more aggressive stance?

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Beating a dead horse, but that is what the internet is for right.... I mean C'mon, the JL came out (not like the front camera) mid-2018, and they are just now getting to market. I wanted one of these, then looked at ARB (seriously cool bumper too), and ended up with a Smittybilt Stryker. I was upset for a millisecond that they finally brought to market 6 weeks after installing mine.., but after seeing the price, love my set up even more. Listen the Rubi's can go well over 50K, so folks love their rigs.., but between the delay, the lottery, and the price., this is just bad execution.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
The price would be easier to justify if it was aluminum.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm. I just checked my original email from aev. It says that the bumper extensions are an extra $100. They give you the option of not choosing them. Are they telling you now that you have to have them? If that’s the case, that doesn’t make any sense.
how can you charge for an option that isn’t an option?
Hopefully the person who boxes it up doesn't get a paper cut. They'll charge you for the bandaid.
Sponsored