Sponsored

TonysWillys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler EcoDiesel JLU
Someone please help me understand spending this kind of money for a bumper????? You're not pushing cattle, so a solid bumper will be enough. Unless everyone is going for the "look", I do not understand.
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Count me out....... You have go to be insane to spend that kind of money on a bumper that doesn't even look that great in my opinion. I like my round lights in the front and square lights in the rear..... Just my opinion... more of a traditionalist.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No license plate step on the rear bumper??? ... for shame...

Frankly it's out of my price range and there's nothing that differentiates it enough from competitor's bumpers (that are arguably more functional and better looking for a wheeler) to come anywhere close to justifying the delta in price.
I'm sure they will sell them and if you want one, go for it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
Hard pass due to pricing. There’s a difference between paying for quality and throwing your money away on a brand.

The only lottery I’ll be entering is one for some Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20 Year Old Bourbon at MSRP.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yikes.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I guess I'm one of the few that feels their bumpers (or at least the rear, specifically) are not unreasonably priced. Do I wish they were cheaper, absolutely. But considering I can get the rear bumper for about 2200 with tire carrier, an LOD destroyer equivalent is just over 2000. Keep in mind if you don't want tire carrier or lighting options, the bumpers start around 11-1200 I believe.

I don't know about other brands, but what I appreciate about AEV (and ARB) is they go through pretty extensive R&D and I've heard crash test metrics were a big part of the hold up until this point. That is through word of mouth and not confirmed by AEV, but it makes sense given they are the "American ARB" and their supposed close partnership with Jeep.

as for the lottery system, there's a lot of details on their website that explain this process. It's not a long term solution, but recognizing the pent up demand, they are trying to give a fair shot to a wider audience of prospective buyers, instead of the first 20 that happened to see their IG announcement.

As for all the other comments about their wheels, I'm not sure I follow that argument either. 270 per wheel... that's cheaper than a Mopar wheel if I'm not mistaken. If you get an Icon or KMC wheel, I believe you'd still expect to pay low 200 range, per...

Just my food for thought.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I like some of AEV's products but dang that's expensive for a front bumper. Wonder how that " Hot Stamped Boron Steel" compares to the "Stronger high strength/ light weight military grade steel " that my LoD Destroyer has? Real difference or marketing hype?

Last edited:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I really like the rear bumper and hopefully can snag one when they're in stock, but how do they pick who wins the lottery now? Is it random? Is it based on whether you've spent a ton of money on their products in the past? Are your chances better if you've sucked up to them on their forums?

I had their lift on one of my older JKs and while it was a quality product and handled great on pavement, I couldn't use my swaybar disconnect because the driveshaft would make contact with the exhaust crossover, even with Teraflex's exhaust spacer installed. When I asked about it on their forums and provided photos, I got lambasted by the community like I was a crazy person.

"AEV IS THA BESTEST EVAR UR INSTALLED THINGS WRONG!"

Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have a '17 JKU AEV 250. I love their stuff.

Rear Bumper is reasonably priced if you want high quality and a rear carrier. Plenty of others out there in the same range.

Front bumper is off the charts. My Motobilt (what I paid for it) is more than 4x less for the equivalent (ie winch mount and skid plate). Is it the same thing? Maybe not, but I don't really get this.

Does anyone know if the Rear Wheel fuel caddy (JL or JK) is compatible with anything other than AEV tire carriers?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Over priced rear bumper just to have a tire block your rear view. They pretty, though.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty nice looking bumper but no way I’d spend that much on bumpers.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
I’m an AEV fanboy for sure, but the price on the front bumper is insane. My full width JK AEV bumper cost $1400 with winch mount and skid plate.

Plus 2 years after they showed these, they are finally getting to a lottery for the right to buy one. Then this is what they come up to relocate the front camera

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available D0E89DE4-8771-4211-89A9-B8342FF07D1D

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I'm more interested in the rear bumper. The price is not crazy considering its AEV and comparing to other companies with rear bumper and tire carrier. Front bumper is ridiculous though. I dont have money for either though LOL. I have many other mods on my list that come before spending that type of loot. Because off price i'll probably end up with a tailgate hinge replacement for now. I could see down the road getting one of their rear bumpers with TC.

I think this type of expensive product isnt for everyone! Sounds like their customer relations are horrible though. Sounds like they take their customers for granted, maybe they know they can without any impact on sales (i'm a knicks fan so such situations exist). Some communication with people who have been waiting all this time would have gone a long way instead of ignoring people and then coming out with a lottery.
Sponsored