Sponsored

AEV JL 2.5 Dualsport RT on an eco diesel

PT920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
I plan on installing this lift kit on my eco diesel this weekend. Any tips when it comes to drilling the new holes for the rear end links? Thanks!
Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
It’s all straight forward. Someone mentioned that the directions were lacking. I don’t believe that’s the case at all.

Take your time. One step at a time. Before you know it you’ll be saying “That was east!”

PT920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
It’s all straight forward. Someone mentioned that the directions were lacking. I don’t believe that’s the case at all.

Take your time. One step at a time. Before you know it you’ll be saying “That was east!”
Awesome, that is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks Mike!

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Does anyone plan on running the new Remote reservoir shocks from AEV on there eco diesel?
I might just order their dualsport xp kit that includes them. They also have a Steering dampener, and high capacity coilsprings out now for the JL.

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
Fricken amazingly!!!! My Jeep weighs 7040 lbs loaded. Gas, water, food, etc. but this is without the family on board. Zero, snd I do mean ZERO issues. The suspension truly ROCKS!!!!!

E533FC0A-72C9-44ED-B9A3-F29AC3AD41D7.jpeg

CD7BC222-340A-4DF9-83F6-CE7B4DF8B4DF.jpeg

A3ED4024-44E9-4E5C-A513-BE8FA7CD4A29.jpeg

8E1D49EF-9282-4C19-B6EA-6693560DE003.jpeg
this has not been my experience at all. I have similar weight as you but the suspension didn’t respond well to that. I was literally riding on my rear bump stops at that weight. In addition, I had continuous problems with mine. After 6 months I removed the suspension. It was creating binding in my front end. Diving under braking in the front. Broke my sway bar mount. Etc etc.

I have a much better lift kit now but still searching for appropriate springs to support the load.

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
this has not been my experience at all. I have similar weight as you but the suspension didn’t respond well to that. I was literally riding on my rear bump stops at that weight. In addition, I had continuous problems with mine. After 6 months I removed the suspension. It was creating binding in my front end. Diving under braking in the front. Broke my sway bar mount. Etc etc.

I have a much better lift kit now but still searching for appropriate springs to support the load.
Looks like AEV has came out with high capacity spring now. The ones for the Diesel are currently out of stock, but due to your experience with AEV you might not be interested. Here’s a link.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/high-capacity-coil-springs-wrangler-jl/

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
yes. I am tracking those and will order them when available. I will use them in conjunction with an adjustable more heavy duty lift.
If you don’t mind me asking what kit did you replace the AEV DUAL Sport with? Lifting Jeeps is a maddening experience. What works flawlessly for one setup can be terrible for another as your experience shows.
Sponsored