Sponsored

AEV is actually doing a sale! Uncharted times!

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Had my Borah installed yesterday, super satisfied about the outcome, pics don't do them justice but they got the exact look I want: moderate offset, quality craftsmanship, well thought and specifically designed for JL, versatile and future proof for beadlock.

Are they overpriced? I will take them in a heartbeat than any super extruded gaudy black wheels screaming for attention.

20200522_142015.jpg

20200522_142020.jpg

20200522_161504.jpg
Looking good. Is that the stock size tires or something larger?
Sponsored

porkchop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR / Billet / Teraflex ST2 / Icon Shocks
Is that the Onyx?

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, their stuff is overpriced and overhyped.
That may be true , but to me there are very few wheels with AEV backspace to keep the tires from poking out. Thats the look I want. As for price, I think they are similar to Fuels and Methods.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That may be true , but to me there are very few wheels with AEV backspace to keep the tires from poking out. Thats the look I want. As for price, I think they are similar to Fuels and Methods.
If you go 35s or bigger you're going to need to push the wheels out anyway or you're going to start rubbing on control arms.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
If you go 35s or bigger you're going to need to push the wheels out anyway or you're going to start rubbing on control arms.
Not necessarily, it depends on the aftermarket control arms you replaced. OEM and most aftermarket have a bend built in the control arms, 37 on OEMs can clear it, don't know anything larger.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Have the Pintlers on a JLUR with 315/70r17 tires. No rubbing at full flex or lock. OEM control arms.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Meh, their stuff is overpriced and overhyped.
Everything that goes on a Jeep is overpriced and overhyped despite the manufacturer...

Chose the AEV wheels for the offset, quality, looks. Price was agreeable.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Everything that goes on a Jeep is overpriced and overhyped despite the manufacturer...

Chose the AEV wheels for the offset, quality, looks. Price was agreeable.
Sort of. AEV was all the rage and even pushed by dealers on the JK. I was more referring to their lifts and body armor/bumpers than their wheels but the same applies. You guys must not be getting much articulation if you're not having any route interference with that offset. I have 3.5" backspacing and I couldn't imagine getting any closer. Though I do run RK control arms which are bent up for grounds clearance, not in for tire clearance.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
2" lift on rubicon axles with the AEV JL wheels. Have disconnected and had it fully articulated. No signs of rubbing. No extreme rock crawling with it so cannot say definitively there will never be rubbing but as of now - no rubbing. I prefer no poking and these do the trick.
Sponsored