Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
I don't want to post this up in the general thread because it only applies to us. I was lucky enough to be the 1st on the list of chosen via lottery to get a rear AEV Bumper and Tire Carrier for the JL. I've had their stuff in the past and I honestly won't go anywhere else unless I have to.

With that being said, I installed the setup a few weeks ago to include their fuel caddy. Problem is, their printing of the GASOLINE label on the tank doesn't apply to us. They don't have a Diesel one and when I inquired AEV about it, there wasn't any word on if they will. I'm sure they will at some point but in the meantime...

I have a friend that does this stuff for a living. I asker her if she could make me a durable sticker to cover up the GASOLINE part of the sticker. We started with DIESEL ONLY then DIESEL FUEL then I had a thought.....let's just make a whole new sticker to cover their printed label (it appears theirs is printed directly onto the caddy and it's NOT sticker).

She nailed it. If anyone want's a contact for this, let me know. I had her make me 3 of them for $60. We edited it about 5 times before the final was chosen. Now she has the files saved so it can be printed at will. As this was a test of an idea, I wanted spares just in case.

Whatcha think??

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel C07DBF58-4C53-4D72-BC05-9C3C9AA235D0

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel IMG_0846

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel IMG_0842

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel IMG_0821
Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Pretty cool except I need a $2500 AEV bumper snd tire carrier to need the sticker. AEV makes great stuff and I love their fuel caddy but too much $$$$. If their pricing had remained the same or there about, I’d have AEV right. It doubled in price.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’ve got a very comprehensive black with red accents color scheme on my rig and didn’t want to deviate so I had Don over at pixel decals modify his file from an old JK caddy to fix this issue. Corner tank logos and Borah center caps had to join the show.
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel 0844C7B3-692E-4AF2-8811-8A1785E7F0C6

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel 29D8B1C3-024E-4F10-888E-39DFBA70DB9D

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Fuel Caddy for the Diesel C8398F68-CE59-4D2F-81A3-592F5AEA0977

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
One of' the reasons I got the Diesel this time was for the MPG it gets. When out on the Pony Express Trail there's no fuel available. On my last Pony trip I got 33 MPG in the dirt and only used 1/4 of a tank to get up to Wendover after hitting Ute headquarters in Ibapah (right on the Utah/Nevada border). Before, with my gassers, I had to bring extra gasoline.

The Diesel Wrangler is the first one I've owned that has a 600 mile range when fueled. But, if you need the extra fuel capacity, I think the system in this thread is the way to go.

Hunter

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I’m in for one - have this bumper on order and waiting for the lottery.

Would have preferred if it were yellow like the diesel cans, but this works well.

PM me for info on how to get those stickers. I need 2 - one for myself and my son’s rig.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheMike

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
...PM me for info on how to get those stickers. I need 2 - one for myself and my son’s rig.
I decided green because I don’t carry or have yellow cans and the pumps and gas cap are green. Keeping it consistent for me.

I’m sure she could quickly snd easily make yours yellow.

I’ve had a few interested so what the maker asked is that you contact her through her web page and tell her what you want.

https://www.artisticreflection.com/contact

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Man I really want that rear bumper/carrier. Why is it that they seem to be the only company that is interested in protecting the rear corner of the body? Tieing into the frame with that corner brace would seem to me to be common sense 🤷‍♂️

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
be sure it's legal where you're at; it's not legal in all states to carry fuel outside of the vehicle.
Sponsored