AEV DualSport RT Suspension with Yeti adjustable track bars

EpochTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I've recently had the AEV DualSport RT Suspension installed on my 2021 Unlimited Rubicon. Install included the AEV steering damper along with front and rear Steersmarts Yeti XD adjustable track bars.

The front track bar installed without issue but the rear track bar install required skipping the AEV rear track bar tower relocation bracket. The AEV bracket and Yeti track bar are not compatible given the thickness of the Yeti track bar.

After driving the Jeep I feel there is more body roll then I expected on the highway. It drives fine on the trails.

So the question is, should I remove the rear adjustable Yeti track bar and replace it with the stock track bar to allow me to install the AEV track bar tower?

Anyone else have issues with AEV track bar towers and Steersmarts Yeti adjustable track bars?

IMG_2728.jpeg
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
No experience with yeti trackbars but I did put Teraflex adjustable ones on front and rear with the AEV lift. I called both Teraflex and AEV asking for guidance, they both said to use the relocation bracket. It's supposed to raise the roll center which might be why it feels the way it does without it. Maybe you get one of these rather than reverting to the stock track bar.:
YETI XD™ JL/JT Track Bar Relocation Bracket – Steer Smarts

Edit: Nope that's for the front axle. They may have something similar for the rear though.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I've recently had the AEV DualSport RT Suspension installed on my 2021 Unlimited Rubicon. Install included the AEV steering damper along with front and rear Steersmarts Yeti XD adjustable track bars.

The front track bar installed without issue but the rear track bar install required skipping the AEV rear track bar tower relocation bracket. The AEV bracket and Yeti track bar are not compatible given the thickness of the Yeti track bar.

After driving the Jeep I feel there is more body roll then I expected on the highway. It drives fine on the trails.

So the question is, should I remove the rear adjustable Yeti track bar and replace it with the stock track bar to allow me to install the AEV track bar tower?

Anyone else have issues with AEV track bar towers and Steersmarts Yeti adjustable track bars?

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV DualSport RT Suspension with Yeti adjustable track bars IMG_2728
The adjustable track bar is to center the axle after a lift and does not address the roll center. The track bar relocation bracket is to correct the roll center and geometry, and centering the axle is the side benefit. If your lift is about 2 -2.5 inch and the bracket also raises the mounting point by the similar amount, your axle position would be pretty dead on center.

In this case you can only pick one, I personally would take the bracket over the trackbar. A cheaper solution that solves two issues that comes with a lift. Not only the roll center and geometry is addressed, the axle is still pretty center.

Of course, Yeti trackbar is much stronger and has better bushing than the factory, and has adjustability, but since its rear application, I double the differences are significant.

I use the bracket and stock trackbar for a couple of years now, I have no issues. I do plan on adding a new adjustable trackbar tomorrow only because I got it for a crazy deal.

OP
OP
EpochTraveler

EpochTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No experience with yeti trackbars but I did put Teraflex adjustable ones on front and rear with the AEV lift. I called both Teraflex and AEV asking for guidance, they both said to use the relocation bracket. It's supposed to raise the roll center which might be why it feels the way it does without it. Maybe you get one of these rather than reverting to the stock track bar.:
YETI XD™ JL/JT Track Bar Relocation Bracket – Steer Smarts

Edit: Nope that's for the front axle. They may have something similar for the rear though.
Thanks for the feedback! The Steer Smarts brackets look good but they look like they are for larger lifts. Was the Teraflex adjustable track bar compatible with the rear bracket when you installed your lift?

OP
OP
EpochTraveler

EpochTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The adjustable track bar is to center the axle after a lift and does not address the roll center. The track bar relocation bracket is to correct the roll center and geometry, and centering the axle is the side benefit. If your lift is about 2 -2.5 inch and the bracket also raises the mounting point by the similar amount, your axle position would be pretty dead on center.

In this case you can only pick one, I personally would take the bracket over the trackbar. A cheaper solution that solves two issues that comes with a lift. Not only the roll center and geometry is addressed, the axle is still pretty center.

Of course, Yeti trackbar is much stronger and has better bushing than the factory, and has adjustability, but since its rear application, I double the differences are significant.

I use the bracket and stock trackbar for a couple of years now, I have no issues. I do plan on adding a new adjustable trackbar tomorrow only because I got it for a crazy deal.
Thanks for the feedback! Which adjustable track bar are you picking up? We need a matrix of which track bars are compatible with which relocation brackets. I got the Yeti for the beef and improvements over stock but it's negated if I have geometry issues. I'm thinking of pulling the Yeti and going back stock with the AEV bracket.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback! The Steer Smarts brackets look good but they look like they are for larger lifts. Was the Teraflex adjustable track bar compatible with the rear bracket when you installed your lift?
Yep no problems with the Teraflex. There isn't a lot of love for their trackbars because of their joint but I've had no problems and I've done the same lift and bars on both jeeps. My only gripe is I was mislead when I bought them, they apparently are not made in USA.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback! Which adjustable track bar are you picking up? We need a matrix of which track bars are compatible with which relocation brackets. I got the Yeti for the beef and improvements over stock but it's negated if I have geometry issues. I'm thinking of pulling the Yeti and going back stock with the AEV bracket.

I picked up a EVO last week not because what it is but becasue it was 50% off lol. I have no doubt it will serve me just fine. I have had rancho in the front for over two years no issues with their products, either.

I haven't seen AEV brackets or YETI trackbar so I can't tell you what substitution you can go for. Sorry.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Yep no problems with the Teraflex. There isn't a lot of love for their trackbars because of their joint but I've had no problems and I've done the same lift and bars on both jeeps. My only gripe is I was mislead when I bought them, they apparently are not made in USA.
No worries, you weren't acutally mislead. Our JL/JT track bar forgings are in fact made here in the US, in Wisconsin to be exact. After that they're inspected, assembled, and shipped out of Utah.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries, you weren't acutally mislead. Our JL/JT track bar forgings are in fact made here in the US, in Wisconsin to be exact. After that they're inspected, assembled, and shipped out of Utah.
Thank you for clearing that up!
All is right in the world now. :)

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Just so that I am 100% clear, the bracket on the rear should leave the rear axle more or less centered with even the stock track bar, right? I am ordering the lift now and was just going to throw the steersmarts track bar on the front since the back has the bracket but want to make sure I have everything covered.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EpochTraveler

EpochTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just so that I am 100% clear, the bracket on the rear should leave the rear axle more or less centered with even the stock track bar, right? I am ordering the lift now and was just going to throw the steersmarts track bar on the front since the back has the bracket but want to make sure I have everything covered.
The AEV brackets will adjust geometry with stock track bars just fine. You don't "need" to add anything to it. I've added the Yeti in the front to really dial it in and for some added beef, but in the rear I'm still running the stock. I also added Metalcloak control arms on top of the geometry brackets. Again, this is redundant and not needed but I wanted more beef and every ounce of adjustment I could have.

The AEV Dualsport works on its own with OE stock bars AND arms and your rear axel will be fine.

As a side note: if you're considering the Yeti track bar up front, take a look at adding the sector shaft brace with track bar bracket.
https://steersmarts.com/collections/featured-products/products/yeti-xd-jl-jt-sector-shaft-brace

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The AEV brackets will adjust geometry with stock track bars just fine. You don't "need" to add anything to it. I've added the Yeti in the front to really dial it in and for some added beef, but in the rear I'm still running the stock. I also added Metalcloak control arms on top of the geometry brackets. Again, this is redundant and not needed but I wanted more beef and every ounce of adjustment I could have.

The AEV Dualsport works on its own with OE stock bars AND arms and your rear axel will be fine.

As a side note: if you're considering the Yeti track bar up front, take a look at adding the sector shaft brace with track bar bracket.
https://steersmarts.com/collections/featured-products/products/yeti-xd-jl-jt-sector-shaft-brace
Just to be clear, is the rear “good enough” or is it centered?

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Close enough for a 2 to 3 inch lift.
Sponsored