Ah, Nevada. You can remove it entirely there, as only 2 are required.Nevada.......
STOP LAMPS NRS 484.555
• Mounted on the rear of the vehicle
• Display a red, amber or yellow light
• Visible from at least 300 to the rear in normal sunlight
• Be activated upon application of the brake
• May be incorporated with the tail lamp
* Vehicles manufactured before July 1, 1969 must have at least one stop lamp if they were originally
equipped with only one stop lamp
Also asked about this and was told as long as it can be seen from 300 ft in daylight light the factory tail lights.
This is as bright if not brighter then the factory CHMSL.