Sponsored

AEV 2.5"

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Any installed the 2.5" lift yet (complete lift not just their spacers)?

Have their lift on my JK and love it. If anything like that it should be great and better than the Mopar which is what I am considering instead.
Sponsored

WillysRubicon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
I am curious about the same thing. Had their 2.5 on my JK and it was terrific.

I am really wanting to see it with 35s on a Rubicon. Not really interested in going to 37s.

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The issue with the AEV is that account for a heavy rig and when I take the doors and hard top off - I get 3-3.5" of lift on the JK.

Their system is very good at handling loads.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Any installed the 2.5" lift yet (complete lift not just their spacers)?

Have their lift on my JK and love it. If anything like that it should be great and better than the Mopar which is what I am considering instead.
The last I read they were still a several months out from releasing JL lifts and other parts.

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I had a good talk the other day with their engineering and they are out - but hard to get.

Sponsored

bruleto

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The last I read they were still a several months out from releasing JL lifts and other parts.
I went by Northridge4x4 here in Colorado yesterday and they said they expect them to arrive in approximately 3 weeks. I was told that the initial run from AEV have been allocated and are now backordered. Whether this is 100% accurate...I don't know but it's what I was told.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Appears that some of us have a bit longer of a wait.

Dr Evil

First Name
Dr. Yes, I am a
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jlu Rubicon with AEV 2.5 inch lift, LOD front and rear bumpers and Gobi roof rack
Occupation
Jeep Driver
Got the 2.5 inch lift installed last week. I had a local suspension place do it so the could align the jeep afterwards. The guy who did it says it was the fist jl he had done. Said the lift was easier than the jk version. I was lucky to get the lift when I did, I think they sold out in about a day.... It feels pretty good so far. Mostly driving around town. No big wheeling trips planned 'til June. I hope to put 35x12.5 Ko2s on when I can get new wheels. AEV Onyx Borahs are back ordered.... Hopefully, by mid June I will get the Borahs and my 35s. With the 2.5 inch lift she looks a little funny with the stock Rubicon 33s

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
How is the front axle? The AEV will be off slightly (1/8-1/4") to passenger side. Is it noticeable on the JL? Pics of the lift?
How much lift did you net?

Sponsored

Dr Evil

First Name
Dr. Yes, I am a
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jlu Rubicon with AEV 2.5 inch lift, LOD front and rear bumpers and Gobi roof rack
Occupation
Jeep Driver
it feels like more lift the 2.5 inches but i think it is deceiving me. see photos, the old girl is is the garage tonight...

View attachment 183332

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
After much deliberation I think this is the lift I'm going to go with. I've got MetalCloak Skid plates, LOD Destroyer sliders, and RockHard 4X4 steel bumpers front and rear (bumpers waiting to be installed) and I'm looking for a lift to handle all this extra weight well. It seems this is what AEV is designed for. Plus it comes with the Procal SNAP to program for the tire size. I've got some 285/75-17 (34") Ridge Grapplers on 17"x8.5" wheels left over from my JKUR that I'll use up on the JLUR before moving to 35's so I don't want to go to a 3.5" lift. I know that the Rubicon can probably fit 37s with this lift, but I'll (probably) be happy with 35s.

Your install looks great @Dr Evil How's it handling the weight of your bumpers and rack? Any other pics?

Anyone else install this yet? Any feedback and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sarapicos JL

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I managed to get one of the AEV kits that I’m planning in getting it installed in my JLUR over the weekend... I’ve already upgraded the stock tires to the KO2 315/70R17 as I thought long and hard in the pros & cons of going to the 37’s... based on my specific needs, the 315 (~35’s) will be more than capable

I will post some photos after I get this completed but I look forward to any other members sharing their experience
Sponsored