AEV 2.5"

JBuzz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
For those that used the Yeti SS track bar, when in the procedure do you install the track bar? After the wheels are on and everything is torqued down?
Sponsored

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
For those that used the Yeti SS track bar, when in the procedure do you install the track bar? After the wheels are on and everything is torqued down?
I’m not running the yeti, however, I don’t believe it matters which bar you have. It should be installed before you torque.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong. Wheels need to be back on to re-center.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Are there any non-rubicon/narrow axle owners with OEM wheels?

I have a 2019 Sahara with Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires.

I'm unclear if the AEV statement of "17" wheels from OE wide track will work" applies only to wide track axles or all axles. I imagine it's just the wide track axles.

AEV states that with this setup, the right rear endlink will contact the wheel/tire off road.
Has anyone ran this setup and can comment on this?
I really don't want to poke wheels out with spacers and I don't want to replace the wheels and tires I just installed.
Thoughts?

Secondly:

On the Rubicon suspension, my current ground to fender measurement is:

Passenger front 35 13/16"
Passenger rear 35 3/8"
Driver rear 35 13/16"
Driver front 35 5/8"

Definitely lower than most non Rubicon owners.
I have no intention of running tires larger than 33", and am lifting solely to resolve the sagging (lots of overland gear) OEM Rubicon suspension I have installed.
Should I have concern that this will raise me up too much?

Some Rubicon owners are seeing 3.5/4", which will look like 1.5/2" with the Sahara lower fenders (pretty sure it's 2" lower than Rubicon fenders). Some Sport owners in this thread saw almost 4", though they had no weight or mods on the vehicle at all.

Help?

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Are there any non-rubicon/narrow axle owners with OEM wheels?

I have a 2019 Sahara with Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires.

I'm unclear if the AEV statement of "17" wheels from OE wide track will work" applies only to wide track axles or all axles. I imagine it's just the wide track axles.

AEV states that with this setup, the right rear endlink will contact the wheel/tire off road.
Has anyone ran this setup and can comment on this?
I really don't want to poke wheels out with spacers and I don't want to replace the wheels and tires I just installed.
Thoughts?

Secondly:

On the Rubicon suspension, my current ground to fender measurement is:

Passenger front 35 13/16"
Passenger rear 35 3/8"
Driver rear 35 13/16"
Driver front 35 5/8"

Definitely lower than most non Rubicon owners.
I have no intention of running tires larger than 33", and am lifting solely to resolve the sagging (lots of overland gear) OEM Rubicon suspension I have installed.
Should I have concern that this will raise me up too much?

Some Rubicon owners are seeing 3.5/4", which will look like 1.5/2" with the Sahara lower fenders (pretty sure it's 2" lower than Rubicon fenders). Some Sport owners in this thread saw almost 4", though they had no weight or mods on the vehicle at all.

Help?
Its funny you just posted this, as I am debating swapping the AEV Dualsport springs on my JLU sport with a different brand for a lower height, and that's with 35's.
I cannot comment if your current wheel/tire setup will clear the rear endlink. But I can say that the AEV Dualsport lift will provide a lot of height. I just went and measured the height of my lift using the measuring points shown below and its 14.5". My jeep is light, with plastic side steps/rear bumper/ steel front bumper/soft top.
Would you mind measuring the front springs and letting me know what it is?
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 4CD73588-CAB4-40A1-A79E-87D0F2A5F364

Sponsored

Gersh10

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This is Sulley with the AEV 2.5 on Nitto 37's after 2 years of driving, he's pretty loaded for a 2 week camping trip in these photos. Have 1.75" spacers on the wheels and haven't had any rubbing issues. I think this lift drives great, he's my daily driver and I've taken him on long road trips with light and heavy loads. Have to say I love it!
Also he fits in my garage even with the Sunrider open and I have a standard 82.5" garage door.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" IMG_1054

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" IMG_1173

Last edited:

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I've put about 500km since I installed the AEV 2.5 RT, including this weekend fully loaded with a 160lbs RTT with at least another 350lb of gear/passenger. It sagged by about 1", which is way less than the OEM springs, so it definitely well-suited for carrying gear. It drove amazing...tracked straight, stable, absorbs bumps well and comfortable overall.

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

I absolutely love the AEV on mine! Couldn’t be happier! I tried a rough country spacer lift first and switched to the AEV. Quality is definitely there with AEV! I’m running 37’s.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" Lift2
any spacers with these? I want to run the stock wheels if possible

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Got my AEV 2.5 RT installed last week. Absolutely love it. Corners flatter, much less break dive, acceleration squat, handles rough pavement very well(psi set to 32.5). Better then stock in all aspects.

Picked up my daughter from camp and we were loaded down close to 900lbs l, suspension shrugged it off.

Doing the NOVA Trailfest at AOAA this Saturday to see how it handles offroad.

Pic when I picked it up with Salta XRs.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 20220812_184458

Pic inside my garage. Just fits
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 20220816_111534

Did install Yeti HD trackball to correct front axle off center
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 20220812_190007

Here you can see how the geometry correction brackets really do keep the lower control arms close to parallel despite gaining about 3.5 inches
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 20220812_192137

Will report back when I get the front bumper installed and winch in September in terms of ride and height. Should mention have rear bumper and tire carrier that added weight and think helped smooth out the ride
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 20220812_190042

Sponsored

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
any spacers with these? I want to run the stock wheels if possible
I have 1.75” Spider Trax Spacers. No issues what so ever.

DHartlein

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Firecracker Red Rubicon JLU, 23 White Sport JLU
Just about to receive my 2.5" Dualsport RT lift for install. My shop recommended wheel spacers if I'm running 35s (KO2s) with stock Rubicon wheels. I'm not down with wheel spacers and am now considering the AEV Savegre rims. Those are killer rims, but I actually like the stock Rubicon rims and would like to keep them for now. JLUR has the wider axle so wondering if I can stick with stock?

From AEV: "OE 17" Rubicon wheels from models with widetrack axles will be ok, depending on tire size."

Anyone running this setup? Any issues? Are they recommending this in case of rubbing or is there a larger issue at play here?

Thanks!
Did you ever get an answer regarding the 35s and spacer need?
Sponsored

Last edited: