AEV 2.5 Rear Track Bar “Tower” Bracket

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone installed the AEV 2.5” on a JLUR?

They supply this rear track bar bracket for the extra height, but there is no way this fits as described in the instructions. Seems like I’d have to saw the original track bar mount to get this one on.

Anyone have experience with this kit?

EB1CA42E-A51D-4EAA-9FEB-740FDF78EF4D.jpeg

F961296B-ECD8-43EA-B1E4-02457ADB11BF.jpeg
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Apparently it DOES slide over. I’m special.
Lol. Every one of us who wrenches has been there. Celebrate figuring it out by having an ice cold beer. :beer:

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm of the "special" variety from time to time when wrenching. I've found out over the years you should walk away and come back to it after a break. Works in most cases.

OP
OP
mbspark

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walking away and coming back is what did it.

The AEV Install Guide is trash. I like the kit, but not even sure I would recommend it at this point due to how poor things are documented. I look at the Mopar Instructions and it was fantastic.

Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I just installed this 2.5” lift that was much closer to 3.5”. It drives good, but I have been wondering if I need to change the front castor shims to the 3.5” lift position. I used the 2.5” position not knowing the lift would be 3.5”. I was racing thru installing the rear lift parts and came to a screaming halt with the bracket also. I probably wasted 20 mins before I found the secret spy combination to get it on. Good luck with the install.

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Walking away and coming back is what did it.

The AEV Install Guide is trash. I like the kit, but not even sure I would recommend it at this point due to how poor things are documented. I look at the Mopar Instructions and it was fantastic.
instructions not great admittedly, but the kit is great. I do need a front adj track bar for mine. I got 4 in.
I will say after finishing the install and reading over the instructions, things make a lot more sense. it does say in the header that the instructions assume a professional ability fwiw although with enough time anyone could do it. I did it and had never even used a floor jack before and maybe had used a socket wrench 5 times in my entire life. good luck you'll get it dw

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I just installed this 2.5” lift that was much closer to 3.5”. It drives good, but I have been wondering if I need to change the front castor shims to the 3.5” lift position. I used the 2.5” position not knowing the lift would be 3.5”. I was racing thru installing the rear lift parts and came to a screaming halt with the bracket also. I probably wasted 20 mins before I found the secret spy combination to get it on. Good luck with the install.
I had a tough time completing the balancing act of installing those brackets and lining up all the holes too but just kept walking away and coming back and finally got it

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Those GEO brackets on the AEV kit are a pain. I installed one on both JK's I had, really like the one piece versions like Rancho better, less fiddling. In the end though the AEV I had on my '13 Sahara rode really nice. Congrats both you guys for doing it yourself. I like folks of the built not bought variety, you get to keep your man card. LOL

OP
OP
mbspark

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I thought I completed the install. Shows how much I know. I didn't see anything in the instructions about front shims and height. What section are you referencing?

Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
The instructions for the front brackets have a picture for orientation of those shims depending on lift height. Look online for just the brackets and then the instructions. If you look at the shims, they have a square notch, a round notch, and depending on the lift height, you use the appropriate orientation.

OP
OP
mbspark

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The instructions I have don't say a word about the shims. Do you have a link or copy of what install guide you have? That could have been life changing.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.35.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.36.36 PM.png

OP
OP
mbspark

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Would have been nice to have those included in my kit!
Sponsored