AEV 2.5 JLUR Rubbing w 37s

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Anyone running the AEV 2.5? I got it installed last week and love it. Got the Borah Wheels and 37 Nittos. Having some rubbing on the control arms in the front when making a full tilt turn. Anyone have a solution for this or experience this?
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 JLUR Rubbing w 37s AA69D849-0275-4AA6-9E8C-1F64A394915B
Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Adjusting the steering stops out a couple of turns should fix this for you. That fixed my issue and I have stock wheels with no spacers and 1.5” of lift. Your Nittos may be a touch bigger than my 37x12.50r17 Falkens.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
You can adjust the wheel stops, may need a longer bolt and a nut to lock the bolt in place. Problem comes from AEV using a 5.72 inch backspacing. Most lifts require a 4.75 inch backspacing or less. If will limiting your turning radius but it will fix the rubbing problem.

Wheel stop.JPG

OP
OP
CFC4953

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
You can adjust the wheel stops, may need a longer bolt and a nut to lock the bolt in place. Problem comes from AEV using a 5.72 inch backspacing. Most lifts require a 4.75 inch backspacing or less. If will limiting your turning radius but it will fix the rubbing problem.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 JLUR Rubbing w 37s 3C694511-6690-4AC2-B359-A4C19D716199
Got it! I just want to make sure it was installed properly because I haven’t seen anyone talk about this but I also know that Nittos run bigger then the BFGs that AEV uses in all their builds

Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
The installer should of adjusted these when he put on the wheels and lift.

OP
OP
CFC4953

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I've mentioned this a bunch on Mopar lift reviews with AEV wheels and Cooper STT Pro 37" tires. Couple turns out on the stops clears the rub. Our JL's turning radius is still very much inside a stock JLU 's so no biggie IMO. You might rub in the rear where the fender liner has a bump out. Heat it with a hair dryer and flatten until cold and It will stay flat.
Thanks! I have 0 rubbing on the renders. Just that control arm when the steering is locked on both sides. Picture is above. Is this something I can do at home? Looks like an easy fix

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Super easy, you can do it.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Some people are saying you can’t adjust the Steer stops on the JL?
Do these people drive Kias?

I guess we are just guys on the internet, but if it helps your confidence: I have personally adjusted it on my own JL and a couple of us have taken the time to crawl under our Jeeps and take pictures to point out the exact bolt that is used for adjustment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CFC4953

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Do these people drive Kias?

I guess we are just guys on the internet, but if it helps your confidence: I have personally adjusted it on my own JL and a couple of us have taken the time to crawl under our Jeeps and take pictures to point out the exact bolt that is used for adjustment.
Everyone knows everything on these forums. Did you adjust it because of rubbing on the control arms? I only hear people rubbing on fenders. I’m new to seeing rub on the control arms

iddpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Wheel stop.JPG
I've been running AEV Borah wheels with Nitto 35x12.5x17 and a 2.5" EVO lift - No Rubbing. I went to Nitto 37x12.5x17 still using the AEV Borah wheels and because of the backspacing they rubbed on the control arms on full turn....EASY FIX, just adjust the wheel stops a couple of turns. You could also replace the wheels with backspacing of 4.75 or less, but haha that's a little harder on the wallet instead of just adjusting the stops.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone knows everything on these forums. Did you adjust it because of rubbing on the control arms? I only hear people rubbing on fenders. I’m new to seeing rub on the control arms
Yes. The 37s were rubbing the front lower control arms at full turn. A couple of turns out on the stops corrected the issue and the reduced turning radius was unnoticeable to my wife who daily drives the Jeep.
Sponsored