AEV 2.5 Dualsport With Fox 2.0s?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Can someone tell me where I can find an AEV Dualsport 2.5” kit with Fox 2.0 shocks for my 2021 JLUR?
Sponsored

UtahRubi

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can someone tell me where I can find an AEV Dualsport 2.5” kit with Fox 2.0 shocks for my 2021 JLUR?
I believe AEV uses Bilstein 5100's for their kits. I have yet to see an AEV kit listed with Fox 2.0's. You can always add them and sell the Bilsteins. I would have to believe AEV valved the shocks to match the spring rate.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I believe AEV uses Bilstein 5100's for their kits. I have yet to see an AEV kit listed with Fox 2.0's. You can always add them and sell the Bilsteins. I would have to believe AEV valved the shocks to match the spring rate.
they do use 5100s. I have read that the Fox 2.0s are better for ride and hoped to swap them out. I cannot remember which place told me they were able to do it for me a while back. Rubitrux advised me AEV has a policy restricting them from selling their kits in pieces.

I was also told the AEV kit is better than the Mopar kit. Otherwise I would be looking at doing that.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
is it that much of a difference between the Mopar springs and AEV?

UtahRubi

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
is it that much of a difference between the Mopar springs and AEV?
I do not have any experience with the Mopar lift springs but I do have an AEV lift on my JLU Rubicon. I purchased the lift because of the stiffer springs to help support the weight of my build out. It is my understanding that the AEV springs are stiffer than the Mopar lift springs but perhaps someone with experience with both can chime in to verify.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I do not have any experience with the Mopar lift springs but I do have an AEV lift on my JLU Rubicon. I purchased the lift because of the stiffer springs to help support the weight of my build out. It is my understanding that the AEV springs are stiffer than the Mopar lift springs but perhaps someone with experience with both can chime in to verify.
based on that statement, I would believe the Mopar lift will be much nicer than the aev on the road.

Sarapicos JL

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have the AEV dualsport kit on my 2018 JLUR and after almost two years, one of the AEV Bilsteins leaked

any suggestions regarding my options of just staying with the AEV Bilstein or going a different route and getting different shocks for the kit?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have the AEV dualsport kit on my 2018 JLUR and after almost two years, one of the AEV Bilsteins leaked

any suggestions regarding my options of just staying with the AEV Bilstein or going a different route and getting different shocks for the kit?
I would think bilstein would replace it for free.

Otherwise, depending on your driving habits, you might look into falcons or fox and see if Accutune can get you squared away.
Sponsored