AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
4 months and 7k miles in and the 4xe has been awesome so far.

Thinking about a lift and bigger tires next. Is anyone on here running the 4xe specific AEV 2.5 dual sport lift with 35s or 37s? Would be great to see some photos and hear thoughts on the lift and ride quality on and off-road.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s C9C8CE38-7911-4EA5-AE4C-B6BE1862E2A0
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I don’t have the 4XE but I do have the AEV Dual Sport 2.5 on a JLUR 4 dr with 35s. Ride is great and no issues after a year. I did upgrade my front track bar to a YETI HD adjustable since the a lift will push the vehicle slightly off center (higher lift) when using the stock track bar (made for oem suspension Specs) the AEV front geometry brackets are rock solid and really don’t limit clearance all that much like some folks have said. My Jeep is both a daily driver and fun off road vehicle. AEV Llfts are great for carrying a lot of extra weight. they truly test the crap out of their equipment for hard use and ride quality.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Timely question OP as I’m looking at the same lift. I put 37s on my 4xe without any rubbing issues (turn to turn) on the road, but a lift is necessary to give those tires room to breathe. I’d love to hear from people who have run the AEV and other lifts to get their thoughts.

OP
OP
BlackRubi4xe

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
I don’t have the 4XE but I do have the AEV Dual Sport 2.5 on a JLUR 4 dr with 35s. Ride is great and no issues after a year. I did upgrade my front track bar to a YETI HD adjustable since the a lift will push the vehicle slightly off center (higher lift) when using the stock track bar (made for oem suspension Specs) the AEV front geometry brackets are rock solid and really don’t limit clearance all that much like some folks have said. My Jeep is both a daily driver and fun off road vehicle. AEV Llfts are great for carrying a lot of extra weight. they truly test the crap out of their equipment for hard use and ride quality.
Sounds great! Exactly how I use mine, want to find a good balance of having it work as a daily driver whilst maximising off-road performance. Definitely carry a lot of weight too. I hear people say it’s a stiff ride which isn’t great on bumps. Do you agree?

OP
OP
BlackRubi4xe

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
Timely question OP as I’m looking at the same lift. I put 37s on my 4xe without any rubbing issues (turn to turn) on the road, but a lift is necessary to give those tires room to breathe. I’d love to hear from people who have run the AEV and other lifts to get their thoughts.
How have the 37s impacted the daily driving feel? Initially I had 35s in mind but now I don’t feel it’s enough of an upgrade from the factory 33s, but still undecided.

I had metal cloak in mind, but the shop I went to recommended against that lift. Said they have a lot of maintenance issues. Not sure if that’s because they are trying to promote AEV or not. Regardless AEV sounds like a solid option and is cheaper as a added bonus.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Exact setup I have on my Rubicon, and I have the same summary. Outstanding lift, no issues at all. Getting ready to upgrade to 37s.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s 240496058_10221978052254442_470335051659521253_n

OP
OP
BlackRubi4xe

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
Exact setup I have on my Rubicon, and I have the same summary. Outstanding lift, no issues at all. Getting ready to upgrade to 37s.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s 240496058_10221978052254442_470335051659521253_n
Jeep looks great! Less of a gap in the wheel arch than I expected for 35s actually. Feel it will still get full articulation without rubbing on the 37s?

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
How have the 37s impacted the daily driving feel? Initially I had 35s in mind but now I don’t feel it’s enough of an upgrade from the factory 33s, but still undecided.

I had metal cloak in mind, but the shop I went to recommended against that lift. Said they have a lot of maintenance issues. Not sure if that’s because they are trying to promote AEV or not. Regardless AEV sounds like a solid option and is cheaper as a added bonus.
The wheel/tire combo is much heavier than stock and something you'll certainly notice. The weight difference is significant and required an upgrade to the tire carrier. For reference, I'm now running XR 392 Beadlock capable 12mm offset wheels with Baja Boss M/Ts.

On the other hand, the torque from the 4xe/4.10s has had zero issues getting it up to speed. My EV range has dropped to 21 miles from 26 miles per charge, but that was expected and worth the trade off. 21 is a good day with a light foot.

I'm certain 35s would have been perfectly fine too, however, 37s made more sense for our trips to Ouray and MOAB with the 2.5" lift incoming (once I decide on one). Once the lift is installed, I think the 37s will compliment the look of the Jeep better. I'll get a picture posted up soon.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Jeep looks great! Less of a gap in the wheel arch than I expected for 35s actually. Feel it will still get full articulation without rubbing on the 37s?
37's come in a few weeks, I'll tell you more then.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Sounds great! Exactly how I use mine, want to find a good balance of having it work as a daily driver whilst maximising off-road performance. Definitely carry a lot of weight too. I hear people say it’s a stiff ride which isn’t great on bumps. Do you agree?
i Felt bumps before the AEV lift and still feel them. It’s not a squishy marshmallow Lexus like ride. It’s more like an active responsive sporty ride. I aired down to 33psi to find right feel for me.

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

We have an AEV lift on our JLURD and love it. The ride is great and it will preform better offroad than most people are comfortable with. We just spent three weeks on the road to Alaska and back and it road great. Just got back from winter4x4jamboree and did all 7 rated trails with ease. I have three other buddies running the aev lift, one on Evo, and one on teraflex. The aev did just as well as the others at the jamboree.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s IMG_20230120_184501

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s 20230119_172307-2e17

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift / 35s & 37s 20230119_173133-7beb

OP
OP
BlackRubi4xe

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
We have an AEV lift on our JLURD and love it. The ride is great and it will preform better offroad than most people are comfortable with. We just spent three weeks on the road to Alaska and back and it road great. Just got back from winter4x4jamboree and did all 7 rated trails with ease. I have three other buddies running the aev lift, one on Evo, and one on teraflex. The aev did just as well as the others at the jamboree.

Awesome looks like it will do more than enough off-road since I’m not rock crawling…not yet anyway.
Sponsored