Sponsored

AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns?

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Another one here with the aev 2.5” and 37s. We have had 0 issues with clearance and overall couldn’t be any happier with the results.

ABBEFABB-35B2-4648-9839-730C814123EC.jpeg

6239AE9C-E6BA-4A5A-A9D4-B2DF48B1A919.jpeg

789BDB3E-9F52-4112-9D84-5D6E878C6580.jpeg
Sponsored

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I went with 35x12.50 because my jeep is an every day vehicle. you will have no issues.

2D4A2826-07E1-4A14-9DEE-10E73B66B253.jpeg
Can you do me a solid favor and measure from the ground to bottom of flare? I'm considering thisbl setup for my 2020 JLUR. Thanks!!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Another one here with the aev 2.5” and 37s. We have had 0 issues with clearance and overall couldn’t be any happier with the results.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 789BDB3E-9F52-4112-9D84-5D6E878C6580

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 789BDB3E-9F52-4112-9D84-5D6E878C6580

Those Geos are sexy

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I got this installed about 3 weeks ago. I was surprised at the height, in a good way. Others are right, pics don't do it justice, but I'll add mine anyway. With 35s.

So far, super happy with road behavior. Haven't had a chance to off road yet. On road, takes away all that side to side sway. Launching and braking are so much better without the nose dive and rocking back.

I haven't notice any significant difference over speed bumps, but I should be taking it out on the trails in a week or so.

I have nothing to compare to other than stock but I love it.

20220121_140809.jpg

Sponsored

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
43 3/4”
Thanks man! One last request...can you measure top of tire to bottom of flare? This is very much appreciated!

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I got this installed about 3 weeks ago. I was surprised at the height, in a good way. Others are right, pics don't do it justice, but I'll add mine anyway. With 35s.

So far, super happy with road behavior. Haven't had a chance to off road yet. On road, takes away all that side to side sway. Launching and braking are so much better without the nose dive and rocking back.

I haven't notice any significant difference over speed bumps, but I should be taking it out on the trails in a week or so.

I have nothing to compare to other than stock but I love it.

20220121_140809.jpg
Awesome man! What lift setup you go with?

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Just did the aev dual sport 2.5". Only other suspension mod I have is the steersmarts hd track bar, which cured some dw I was getting when my 33s wore down.
Nice!

Sponsored

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just came across this thread. Rig looks great. I have 315/70r17s on my OEM rims. Will this lift work without wheel spacers?….I don’t want to add them. If not, I’ll need to get rims but would prefer not to. Thanks!

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Just came across this thread. Rig looks great. I have 315/70r17s on my OEM rims. Will this lift work without wheel spacers?….I don’t want to add them. If not, I’ll need to get rims but would prefer not to. Thanks!
I honestly don't know, since I've been running the synergy 1.75 wheel spacers even before my lift when I had 33s. I thought i saw on aev site there may be rubbing with factory rims and no spacers but that may not apply to Rubicons with the wider axles.

I liked the factory rims but wanted a little more offset just for the look of it. 1.75 had the tires pushed out just past the fenders, not even that noticeable unless you compare with one without. Saved a ton of $ vs new rims.

I researched the heck out of it and had some reservations based on alot of bad info out there. Whatever you are happy with, do it. But as far as putting more stress on suspension, hubs, and steering components it is no different with spacers than with a wheel giving the same offset.

Your only difference is having 5 extra lugs per wheel to make sure are torqued down every tire rotation. Synergy spacers are hub centric, bolt on, and about $100 per pair. I used non permanent loctite and in over 20k miles (of that is about 10-20% dirt washboard roads) not one lug has loosened.

Just throwing that out there in the event you were concerned about spacers. But if you aren't in love with the factory rims and have the $, go for it!

Ill post some pics showing the view/stance from the front and rear when the sun comes up.

Jazzyjl

First Name
Jazz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur 2019
I honestly don't know, since I've been running the synergy 1.75 wheel spacers even before my lift when I had 33s. I thought i saw on aev site there may be rubbing with factory rims and no spacers but that may not apply to Rubicons with the wider axles.

I liked the factory rims but wanted a little more offset just for the look of it. 1.75 had the tires pushed out just past the fenders, not even that noticeable unless you compare with one without. Saved a ton of $ vs new rims.

I researched the heck out of it and had some reservations based on alot of bad info out there. Whatever you are happy with, do it. But as far as putting more stress on suspension, hubs, and steering components it is no different with spacers than with a wheel giving the same offset.

Your only difference is having 5 extra lugs per wheel to make sure are torqued down every tire rotation. Synergy spacers are hub centric, bolt on, and about $100 per pair. I used non permanent loctite and in over 20k miles (of that is about 10-20% dirt washboard roads) not one lug has loosened.

Just throwing that out there in the event you were concerned about spacers. But if you aren't in love with the factory rims and have the $, go for it!

Ill post some pics showing the view/stance from the front and rear when the sun comes up.
W
Just installed my kid yesterday and the shop recommended a new steering stabilizer. I added a falcon adjustable one, but the ride seems so have a lot more left to right movement from stock. Obviously the larger heavier tires will do that but it doesn’t seem to just hold straight anymore. Did you upgrade your stabilizer? Wondering if the stock one would have been stiffer there for not giving as much left to right wiggle in the steering wheel. It just feels like I’m constantly making micro adjustments on the wheel as I’m driving at speeds between say 35 and 55

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
W

Just installed my kid yesterday and the shop recommended a new steering stabilizer. I added a falcon adjustable one, but the ride seems so have a lot more left to right movement from stock. Obviously the larger heavier tires will do that but it doesn’t seem to just hold straight anymore. Did you upgrade your stabilizer? Wondering if the stock one would have been stiffer there for not giving as much left to right wiggle in the steering wheel. It just feels like I’m constantly making micro adjustments on the wheel as I’m driving at speeds between say 35 and 55
I had always had some of those steering issues from stock. Many JL Rubicons report this-especially a slight right pull. When I put the steer smarts HD track bar, helped tremendously from stock. I noticed less steering issues with new tires and lift than before, but attribute most of this to the beefy trackbar. I still run the factory stabilizer but will most likely dump that when I go to new tierod and drag link. I want to add a a sector shaft brace as well.

Jazzyjl

First Name
Jazz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur 2019
I had always had some of those steering issues from stock. Many JL Rubicons report this-especially a slight right pull. When I put the steer smarts HD track bar, helped tremendously from stock. I noticed less steering issues with new tires and lift than before, but attribute most of this to the beefy trackbar. I still run the factory stabilizer but will most likely dump that when I go to new tierod and drag link. I want to add a a sector shaft brace as well.
I am a new Jeep owner… Have always had full-size pick ups, and about three weeks after getting my Rubicon, I went with the lift because I couldn’t take how low I felt to the ground… I’m wondering if the stock steering stabilizer would be tighter than the falcon one that I have… Maybe it’s some thing I just have to get used to… But seems like I’m constantly steering a little left or right to keep it centered. I added adjustable reservoir shocks, to try and fine-tune the ride a little bit more… As I felt like the Aev bilstiens were a little stiff without adding the weight of additional stuff on the jeep. Only have steel bumpers and the hardtop
Sponsored

Last edited: