Sponsored

AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns?

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anyone compared the AEV 2.5 to the MOPAR 2.5 lift and why you decided AEV in the end?

Right now I'm leaning MOPAR due to the 2.5 aluminum bodies (Fox). I do understand there's 30 dollar cups I need to purchase to avoid the spring bow.
Aev the springs are better, relocates rear track bar, you should buy a new front track bar for either kit.

aev drives better with relocation brackets (lose clearance vs mopar)

aev has speedo calibrater

aev holds weight better if your heavy with steel bumpers etc.

aev has more flex(longer shocks)

yes the mopar shocks are “better” but you lose flex over aev so
Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Aev the springs are better, relocates rear track bar, you should buy a new front track bar for either kit.

aev drives better with relocation brackets (lose clearance vs mopar)

aev has speedo calibrater

aev holds weight better if your heavy with steel bumpers etc.

aev has more flex(longer shocks)

yes the mopar shocks are “better” but you lose flex over aev so
wasn't aware the AEV Bilstein 5100's allowed more flex compared to the MOPAR Fox shocks. thanks.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
wasn't aware the AEV Bilstein 5100's allowed more flex compared to the MOPAR Fox shocks. thanks.
theyre charts on here somewhere, but the bilsteins to provide more travel and overall length,
Its worth noting forsure.

also, i have the AEV kit. Its a great base kit. But if you have aspirations of big
Rock crawling and pushing your jeep to the limits, I would look else where. Aev is just “good” all around

deejorama

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2016 Rubicon
theyre charts on here somewhere, but the bilsteins to provide more travel and overall length,
Its worth noting forsure.

also, I have the AEV kit. It's a great base kit. But if you have aspirations of big
Rock crawling and pushing your Jeep to the limits, I would look else where. Aev is just “good” all around
I'm a big fan! I primarily chose AEV because I had it on my last Jeep and enjoyed it. I chose it for that jeep because of the higher load capacity. I'm a hoarder and end up bringing a few hundred pounds of stuff with me on camping trips and don't like the sag. I also enjoy the on-road drive with AEV. Definitely stiffer than stock and a little sportier IMO... a bit of an anachronism for a jeep but I have been enjoying it.

Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 244B4711-A427-4D75-96FB-58148DC21D90

Got the Jeep done. After a week or so the lift is 3.5”. Front track bar ordered as the front axle is about 1.25” out. Rear is about .5”. My 35’s are about half gone and I may just finish them before going to 37’s. Once the 37’s go on, I’m sure 4.88’s will be next. It just never stops! But very pleased with the road manners of the springs and shocks.

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Did you guys with the kid also get the
AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets ?

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Lift was approximately 2.75-3.25 inches. (No measurements pics because of too many variables on every rig.) (Currently, with base Rubicon plastic bumpers and Soft top.)
I’ll post some pics of all 4 on the ground, soon....
Yes, the Adjustable Track Bar is necessary because the axle shifts to Driver’s side after lift. When driving, the axle swing is noticeable when off-center.
No, the Stabilizer Relocation is not necessary. I’m relocating the stock steering stabilizer above the tie rod to keep it protected from trail damage. I’m using the Synergy kit because it allows for keeping the stock steering, which is beefy.

I’m running 35s so my unsprung weight and rolling mass won’t break parts, even though my tires are E rated and heavier than most. My stock steering will hold up to most hard wheeling and I’ll upgrade if things necessitate a change.
I’m always surprised that owners will change every part before seeing the need, as most JL parts have been engineered to take strain from 35s under hard conditions.

(That flex wasn’t under any load to the rear axle, so 37s would definitely rub a lot. My 35s tuck perfectly into the wheel wells, with room to spare for full flex, on my stock wheels with Synergy 1.75” spacers. There’s room for caked mud, snow, and ice around the tire.)
Hey, also did you buy just the synergy track bar, or also the
front track bar and sector shaft brace kit

SuperNerdEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I’ll be towing my 3,400 lb (when fully loaded) when we move to Colorado in a few weeks. I’ll post pics of it hitched with this new suspension, to determine if I will use airbags to assist load capabilities.
Installing the ProCal now.
Resurrecting this old thread, how did towing that kind of weight go with this lift? I bought a Turtleback trailer that will be about 3000lbs when loaded and am contemplating this lift. I had bought a Dynatrac lift that I was going to install (it's sitting in my garage), but I also just bought the trailer so now I'm thinking I should go for a lift that's better with weight.

Sponsored

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I decided on buying the AEV 2.5” DualSport kit. Installed it, yesterday.
Haven’t installed the ProCal programmer or adjusted the steering, yet, because I ordered the Synergy track bar and Steering Dampner Relocation Kit. The bar can be adjusted on the rig, without removing, and I’ve used their parts. Great design and quality.
So.. I drove the Jeep today. On road, even with unadjusted steering, it was well-mannered and drove more like a car with little to no body roll driving fast around corners. Hard acceleration and braking was fantastic, remaining composed putting power to the ground without rise or dive.
But the woops were amazing and velvety smooth! The flex was more than I expected and smooth as butter through the entire articulation range.
I’m as happy as I could be. Seriously, I’ve worked hard to research and match parts to find a balance on many lifted Jeeps and other vehicles but this blew my mind.
I can’t wait for the track bar to dial-in the steering and feel perfection.
I’ll post my first pictures but they’re just posing right now...
I couldn’t agree more. Was looking to piece some parts on myself. Track bar it is.

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 1F950AAB-47E4-4D0B-88B7-7C6483764353
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 16E196A1-343E-4AF1-81D2-2F3773208367

Here is my 2021 JLUR with the AEV 2.5”. I couldn’t agree more this kit is just all around good. On and off road. Will be ordering an adjustable track bar soon to just fine tune the axle. But I have no noticeable complaints about not having one on now. But you know, Jeep parts are hard to not just keep adding on.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
1F950AAB-47E4-4D0B-88B7-7C6483764353.jpeg
16E196A1-343E-4AF1-81D2-2F3773208367.jpeg

Here is my 2021 JLUR with the AEV 2.5”. I couldn’t agree more this kit is just all around good. On and off road. Will be ordering an adjustable track bar soon to just fine tune the axle. But I have no noticeable complaints about not having one on now. But you know, Jeep parts are hard to not just keep adding on.
Looking good!

What size tires and wheel dimensions (including backspacing and/or offset) are you using?

I kind of shot from the hip when I ordered my 35x12.5 BFGoodRich mud tires on 10” wide wheels with 4.75 backspacing (or -19mm offset) and now rethinking if my tires will tuck in to the fender like that on my 21’ JLUR (my Jeep is still in build phase, so couldn’t take the ruler to it to get accurate measurements). I also will have the 2.5 DualSport.

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Looking good!

What size tires and wheel dimensions (including backspacing and/or offset) are you using?

I kind of shot from the hip when I ordered my 35x12.5 BFGoodRich mud tires on 10” wide wheels with 4.75 backspacing (or -19mm offset) and now rethinking if my tires will tuck in to the fender like that on my 21’ JLUR (my Jeep is still in build phase, so couldn’t take the ruler to it to get accurate measurements). I also will have the 2.5 DualSport.
I am running running the fuel zephyr wheels with Milestar Patagonia M/T in 37x12.50x17. The wheel dimensions are -12 offset and 4.530 backspacing. I didn’t want something that pokes super hard but needed to clear components at full lock.
I did hear the rear inner fender liner and mold them back towards the rear of the vehicle to eliminate the minor rubbing I had at full flex. Hope that helps!

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I am running running the fuel zephyr wheels with Milestar Patagonia M/T in 37x12.50x17. The wheel dimensions are -12 offset and 4.530 backspacing. I didn’t want something that pokes super hard but needed to clear components at full lock.
I did hear the rear inner fender liner and mold them back towards the rear of the vehicle to eliminate the minor rubbing I had at full flex. Hope that helps!
Holy cow, it’s incredible we can fit 37’s and flex like that! My mind is still in the YJ era when I had a 4” lift and barely fit 33’s with the stock fenders. Thanks for the info. I should definitely be good with my 35” combo!
Sponsored