Sponsored

AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns?

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
Any particular reason you removed the spare?
Looks amazing by the way!

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
Any particular reason you removed the spare?
Looks amazing by the way!
Don't need it with D-rated tires. I’ve always carried a compressor and tire repair kit. I have an inflatable/exhaust jack and an AEV base for the factory scissor jack.
There may come a day when I blow or tear a sidewall but it hasn’t come in many years of hard wheeling. I’ve had to reseat a bead on someone else’s rig but not mine yet. I run narrow wheels to act like bead locks at pressures down to 10 psi.
Less weight to carry at 100+ lbs and it’s difficult to get a 37” spare on and off the vehicle.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be towing my 3,400 lb (when fully loaded) when we move to Colorado in a few weeks. I’ll post pics of it hitched with this new suspension, to determine if I will use airbags to assist load capabilities.
Installing the ProCal now.
Rubidozer, did you have any problem fitting the 35’s and stock wheels on the spare tire carrier? I have the plastic rear bumper as well and just bought 35’s( not installed yet) . Thanks!

Sponsored

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Falken Wildpeak M/Ts 37x12.50R17
D-rated
They’re a little on the heavy side at 82 lbs and the stock Rubicon wheel at 27. With all that unsprung weight, it should be a pig but it’s not at all. My 2.0 Turbo spins them up like they’re stock 33s. It drives far better than stock but mostly because the BF Goodrich A/Ts were soft and squirmy. These M/Ts are well-mannered and roll easily.
With this suspension, tires, and programmer the vehicle drives wonderful on and off road.
I’ve also been happily surprised that my travel trailer doesn’t flatten the rear springs. It sits, amazingly, level. That’s why I took the chance with AEV; to carry the weight and still on and off road. I just swapped to a hard top and it got even better.
I need to stop or someone will call me a schill.

Are you running wheel spacers?

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
Rubidozer, did you have any problem fitting the 35’s and stock wheels on the spare tire carrier? I have the plastic rear bumper as well and just bought 35’s( not installed yet) . Thanks!
Nope. The 35s were a perfect fit on the rear door.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Been looking for this exact setup for months now; AEV 2” spacer lift and 315 KO2s on a 2 door Rubicon. Finally found one on cargurus and this looks to be the perfect stance. The 2.5” lift with 35s is a bit much IMO, and this is a great compromise. Really not keen of the idea of 37s on a 2 door for a daily and you can’t beat the C rated KO2s
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 7B4A0AD3-26E1-44FA-8581-E153B40E1272
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? 8635D23C-4F63-4F4C-A03F-9C0F839DD87A

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Don't need it with D-rated tires. I’ve always carried a compressor and tire repair kit. I have an inflatable/exhaust jack and an AEV base for the factory scissor jack.
There may come a day when I blow or tear a sidewall but it hasn’t come in many years of hard wheeling. I’ve had to reseat a bead on someone else’s rig but not mine yet. I run narrow wheels to act like bead locks at pressures down to 10 psi.
Less weight to carry at 100+ lbs and it’s difficult to get a 37” spare on and off the vehicle.
Really good point about D-rated tires and running a narrow rim, its exactly why I hesitated on the AEV wheels for so long and am opting to keep the factory wheels and run 37's. Just need to bite the bullet and order the AEV lift. Just finished my new mountain bike build so that definitely stole some funds away from my piggy bank. LOL

Sponsored

deejorama

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2016 Rubicon
Hi all. I'm currently putting the AEV dual sport on my JLUR and stuck with the rear track bar tower. I cannot figure out the correct orientation. Does anyone have a photo of the installed track bar tower for me to reference?

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. I'm currently putting the AEV dual sport on my JLUR and stuck with the rear track bar tower. I cannot figure out the correct orientation. Does anyone have a photo of the installed track bar tower for me to reference?
Hey

CE451AA6-A5C8-443D-8821-725A789864DB.jpeg

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I am installing the same lift this weekend. The bracket kind of slots around the stock bracket. I had to inlist the wife to help install the relocation brackets in the front. Just needed to rock the Jeep backwards to get the bolts in the front arms with the new bracket. I have finished the rear, and all I need to do in the front is to torque the front arms. I have 35’s on AEV wheels. I will be looking for some 37’s soon. It’s early, but looks to be about 3“ of lift.

A982038F-973E-409A-ADAF-04F174B7AEF7.jpeg

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns? IMG_7104

Complete. A good fat 3.5 inches. Within 1/4" side to side. All of the factory Rubicon nose dive and nose rise on takeoff are gone. Definitely flatter cornering on road. Got all steel LOD bumpers and steps. I thought it would be closer to 2.5" to 3", but it is what it is. I have a set of RSE steps in the shop ready to go on so that mama can get in. Very pleased so far. On a side note, for someone that has never worked on a Jeep and doing it by yourself, the 5 to 6 hours some say to install seems a little short. I got about 10 hrs in it and that incudes going back thru the bolts and torqueing everything. the AEV brackets and parts all fit perfectly without any help. Thanks to Rubitrux in Boone for the parts. Great company to do business with. Now if I can find the change to get me one of those Hellcat engines!

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just curious if anyone compared the AEV 2.5 to the MOPAR 2.5 lift and why you decided AEV in the end?

Right now I'm leaning MOPAR due to the 2.5 aluminum bodies (Fox). I do understand there's 30 dollar cups I need to purchase to avoid the spring bow.
Sponsored