Sponsored

AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...with 35s... Any concerns?

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...
Any concerns?
Anyone used a front track bar?
I’m finding it difficult to believe it wouldn’t require one to center the front axle. No raised front bracket, no dropped pitman arm, nothing to account for the lift.
Even if you had a heavy front bumper and winch setup, it wouldn’t drop low enough to re-center the axle.
What was AEV thinking with an incomplete kit?????
Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
AEV 2.5” Dual Sport lift kit...
Any concerns?
Anyone used a front track bar?
I’m finding it difficult to believe it wouldn’t require one to center the front axle. No raised front bracket, no dropped pitman arm, nothing to account for the lift.
Even if you had a heavy front bumper and winch setup, it wouldn’t drop low enough to re-center the axle.
What was AEV thinking with an incomplete kit?????
I have it, its meant for a heavy rig. I drive around with 200lb in my jeep. I have soft top and no rear seats tho.

after i added a front track bar it drove very good.

as far as it needing it. I don’t think its aev faults for jeep making such weak components. Yes the axle was off center. But the stiffer trackbar and better bushings is what makes the vehicle handle better after being lifted and adding heavy tires

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
When I was shopping lift kits. To be fare, I found few that where complete. I chose by height of lift, what I was using my Jeep for and cost. AEV told me their kit was designed with extra load capacity vs Mopar. Not needing extra capacity, I went with Mopar's incomplete kit and added recommended parts. Front track bar and rear T.B. relocation bracket being a couple items. As mentioned HD steering linkage and control arms should be added with heavy wheels and tires.
How is your ride. I am looking for a smooth ride as it’s almost 100% on road. Can you list out exactly what you added to the mopar kit? Did you look at any other kits?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
They didn't believe in adding a front track bar on their 2.5 for JK either, though most would add one. Synergy or SteerSmarts would be great for a front track bar. If and when they release a higher kit, if they follow their JK line, it will be 3.5" and probably include high steer kit that includes a stock track bar bracket which raises it.

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided on buying the AEV 2.5” DualSport kit. Installed it, yesterday.
Haven’t installed the ProCal programmer or adjusted the steering, yet, because I ordered the Synergy track bar and Steering Dampner Relocation Kit. The bar can be adjusted on the rig, without removing, and I’ve used their parts. Great design and quality.
So.. I drove the Jeep today. On road, even with unadjusted steering, it was well-mannered and drove more like a car with little to no body roll driving fast around corners. Hard acceleration and braking was fantastic, remaining composed putting power to the ground without rise or dive.
But the woops were amazing and velvety smooth! The flex was more than I expected and smooth as butter through the entire articulation range.
I’m as happy as I could be. Seriously, I’ve worked hard to research and match parts to find a balance on many lifted Jeeps and other vehicles but this blew my mind.
I can’t wait for the track bar to dial-in the steering and feel perfection.
I’ll post my first pictures but they’re just posing right now...

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Great write up, glad to hear it went well and thanks for sharing! How much lift did you end up getting? Can you post some before and after pics where all four tires are on the ground? Lastly, do you still think the steering stabilizer and adjustable track bar are still needed for this lift?

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great write up, glad to hear it went well and thanks for sharing! How much lift did you end up getting? Can you post some before and after pics where all four tires are on the ground? Lastly, do you still think the steering stabilizer and adjustable track bar are still needed for this lift?
Lift was approximately 2.75-3.25 inches. (No measurements pics because of too many variables on every rig.) (Currently, with base Rubicon plastic bumpers and Soft top.)
I’ll post some pics of all 4 on the ground, soon....
Yes, the Adjustable Track Bar is necessary because the axle shifts to Driver’s side after lift. When driving, the axle swing is noticeable when off-center.
No, the Stabilizer Relocation is not necessary. I’m relocating the stock steering stabilizer above the tie rod to keep it protected from trail damage. I’m using the Synergy kit because it allows for keeping the stock steering, which is beefy.

I’m running 35s so my unsprung weight and rolling mass won’t break parts, even though my tires are E rated and heavier than most. My stock steering will hold up to most hard wheeling and I’ll upgrade if things necessitate a change.
I’m always surprised that owners will change every part before seeing the need, as most JL parts have been engineered to take strain from 35s under hard conditions.

(That flex wasn’t under any load to the rear axle, so 37s would definitely rub a lot. My 35s tuck perfectly into the wheel wells, with room to spare for full flex, on my stock wheels with Synergy 1.75” spacers. There’s room for caked mud, snow, and ice around the tire.)

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be towing my 3,400 lb (when fully loaded) when we move to Colorado in a few weeks. I’ll post pics of it hitched with this new suspension, to determine if I will use airbags to assist load capabilities.
Installing the ProCal now.

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installing Rock Slide Engineering step rail rock sliders with their skid plates to make them bombproof. Should add some weight.
I’ll take pics of the Jeep with all 4 on the ground after they’re on.

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
That's good looking rig...which 37's did you get and have you noticed much difference with on road driving?

OP
OP
Rubidozer

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good looking rig...which 37's did you get and have you noticed much difference with on road driving?
Falken Wildpeak M/Ts 37x12.50R17
D-rated
They’re a little on the heavy side at 82 lbs and the stock Rubicon wheel at 27. With all that unsprung weight, it should be a pig but it’s not at all. My 2.0 Turbo spins them up like they’re stock 33s. It drives far better than stock but mostly because the BF Goodrich A/Ts were soft and squirmy. These M/Ts are well-mannered and roll easily.
With this suspension, tires, and programmer the vehicle drives wonderful on and off road.
I’ve also been happily surprised that my travel trailer doesn’t flatten the rear springs. It sits, amazingly, level. That’s why I took the chance with AEV; to carry the weight and still on and off road. I just swapped to a hard top and it got even better.
I need to stop or someone will call me a schill.
Sponsored