2” AEV Spacer Lift
Mopar Lift LCA’s
Icon Compression Wheels
315 70 17 BFG KO2 C rated
Teraflex Spare Tire Carrier

On order
Ace Stubby Bumper
Tazer Lite

Drives great! No wobble. Alignment was needed because steering wheel was off after lift. I’m happy. I did think it was odd that my caster number was only 5.1 with the Mopar LCA’s. Thought it would be closer to 6.

966A3CAE-CFEA-435B-801E-F5772CB928F9.png
9BBF9FCF-F8E4-4B4E-BD65-2280D2F02876.png
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
2” AEV Spacer Lift
Mopar Lift LCA’s
Icon Compression Wheels

On order
Ace Stubby Bumper
Tazer Lite

Drives great! No wobble. Alignment was needed because steering wheel was off after lift. I’m happy. I did think it was odd that my caster number was only 5.1 with the Mopar LCA’s. Thought it would be closer to 6.

Hopefully your Ace bumper had better welds than my rock sliders. Not impressed.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
2” AEV Spacer Lift
Mopar Lift LCA’s
Icon Compression Wheels

On order
Ace Stubby Bumper
Tazer Lite

Many people with the Mopar lift are only landing in the 4's for caster with the longer arms. Mopar lift often ends up being 3" so it makes sense that you ended up at 5°.

I, along with others, have added geometry brackets to go with the longer arms. Some have done adjustable arms instead of the mopar arms. Both do the trick and have their positives/negatives.

Last edited:

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Many people with the Mopar lift are only landing in the 4's for caster with the longer arms. Mopar lift often ends up being 3" so it makes sense that you ended up at 5°.

I, along with others, have added geometry brackets to go with the longer arms. Some have done adjustable arms instead of the mopar arms. Both do the trick and have their positives/negatives.
I am thinking about the same lift approach. Can you please comment on the pros/cons of the geometry brackets vs adjustable arms vs no arm changes with the spacers?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about the same lift approach. Can you please comment on the pros/cons of the geometry brackets vs adjustable arms vs no arm changes with the spacers?
I prefer adjustable arms over brackets for a couple of reasons. Ground clearance, and fine tune adjustability. I’m not bashing brackets, they will work, I’m just saying I don’t like the finality of them. IMHO, you should do one or the other, getting caster to 6 degrees. Even going up 1 degree will make a huge difference in the way it steers......:)

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I prefer adjustable arms over brackets for a couple of reasons. Ground clearance, and fine tune adjustability. I’m not bashing brackets, they will work, I’m just saying I don’t like the finality of them. IMHO, you should do one or the other, getting caster to 6 degrees. Even going up 1 degree will make a huge difference in the way it steers......:)
Thanks. Was originally considering the Mopar 2 in lift but many seemed to end up higher and then had to rethink tires. The spacer lift seemed a middle ground approach for someone like me without extensive articulation needs.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Unless you spend a decent amount of time rock crawling I would suggest the brackets.

Brackets:

Adjust caster
Put control arms back near stock angles which improves ride quality and reduces nose dive. Improved ride quality over adjustable arms.

Hang a couple inches lower, may bang in rocks.

Arms:

You can adjust caster. Fine tune a bit more.

Sometimes arms need to be serviced/greased/can become noisy.

In climates with salt arms often seize up and can not be adjusted in the future. Recommend antiseize.

Really a personal choice.

I've had adjustable arms on multiple jeeps and brackets on multiple jeeps. I prefer the brackets. I do not rock crawl however. I like the mud and snow.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Unless you spend a decent amount of time rock crawling I would suggest the brackets.

Brackets:

Adjust caster
Put control arms back near stock angles which improves ride quality and reduces nose dive. Improved ride quality over adjustable arms.

Arms:

In climates with salt arms often seize up and can not be adjusted in the future. Recommend antiseize.

I've had adjustable arms on multiple jeeps and brackets on multiple jeeps. I prefer the brackets. I do not rock crawl however. I like the mud and snow.
The "improved ride" from brackets over arms is negligible at best.

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon

Brackets:

Adjust caster

Arms:

Thanks for the feedback. No rocks just occasional trips into the sand at the beach. Between the beach and the mid-Atlantic winters, I will see salt - so good point on the anti seize if I end up going that direction.

Any preferred bracket or LCA vendors? Thanks again for the guidance.

Sponsored

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
2” AEV Spacer Lift
Mopar Lift LCA’s
Icon Compression Wheels

On order
Ace Stubby Bumper
Tazer Lite

Looks great. I ended up with 6.3 caster with Mopar LCA’s and Dynatrac 2 inch lift

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Thanks for the feedback. No rocks just occasional trips into the sand at the beach. Between the beach and the mid-Atlantic winters, I will see salt - so good point on the anti seize if I end up going that direction.

Any preferred bracket or LCA vendors? Thanks again for the guidance.
I've used Rancho and Rubicon Express bracers. The Rancho are super beefy and one piece. The Rubicon Express are two piece and less beefy. Both held up and worked fine for me.

Core 4x4 makes some nice arms for a good price. I believe the Teraflex arms are maintenance free which is a plus.
Sponsored