Advice

Spikemydoggie

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangle JL
I have a 2018 Jeep wrangler JL sport. I Had the dealership install the mopar 2 inch lift kit . I drove off and about a week later I heard a noice coming from the rear and took it to the dealership. They said that the rear drive shaft needed replacing and it was covered under warranty ... after a week of getting my car back from the shop , that noice came back and took it in again to the dealership , this time they said that my rear pinion needed replace And thats under warranty as well , well Itā€™s been at the dealership for a month now and they keep on giving me the run around On when i will be getting my jeep back. The dealership is saying they are waiting on the parts to come in. How long does it take to get the parts. The dealership only gave me a rental for 10 days after that its out of my pocket. I don't know what to do. I called Jeep Chrysler dodge 1-800 number and they keep on telling me it in back order. Any suggestions? does this qualify my Jeep for the Lemon law since I complained about the noice twice. I don't know what to do. All i know is Iā€™m making payments to a car that I havenā€™t been able to drive for a month now and I dont have a car to go to work with.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry you're dealing with this. when my JLUR went for the Clutch recall, my dealer had my Jeep for over a month. They were honest and straight up with me through the whole ordeal- they couldn't get parts because it was a recall, and recall parts are basically rationed. I had one helpful experience with Jeep 1-800 line, but the first one they were complete dicks. Sadly, this kind of struggle is too common. The only advice I can give is to get an update from your dealer, and then call the 1800 Jeep customer service and verify. Keep on them. If I had to guess, the dealer isn't "giving you the run around", they're waiting on backordered parts, and if it's anything like my situation- they're not even getting tracking from FCA Corporate. Mine didn't until I had to call the Jeep 1800 and escalate the case with customer service.

in short: No, your vehicle probably does not qualify for lemon law. This varies based on your state. I'm not a lawyer, but if I had to guess based on your initial post, The parts are backordered. It's inconvenient, and it sucks, sure, but it seems the dealer is doing the best they can with what they have to fix your Jeep. If you still want to go down that road, talk to a lemon law attorney familiar with your area. Seriously. Because on the off chance it actually does qualify, OEM's don't just willingly buyback lemons. they'll fight you every step of the way and try to bury you in court with paperwork.

One thing worth noting: I had Jeep Wave coverage on my 2019 JLUR which gave me rental coverage for as long as they had the vehicle. I'm pretty sure this is standard on all Wranglers. Maybe worth checking.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Spikemydoggie

Spikemydoggie

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangle JL
Thanks for the advice. My jeep waves expired and didnā€™t know that till it was to late. Iā€™m not sure if I will ever buy another jeep after this bad experience. I love my jeep but the headache is not worth it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for the advice. My jeep waves expired and didnā€™t know that till it was to late. Iā€™m not sure if I will ever buy another jeep after this bad experience. I love my jeep but the headache is not worth it.
We're saddened to hear these sentiments, Spikemydoggie. Although we cannot guarantee a certain outcome, we can definitely dig into this further with you. Send our team a private message when you get a chance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored