Sponsored

ADVICE WANTED: Lift, Wheels and Tires on a budget?

dima24

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone... newbie Jeep owner here. Picked up a 2018 JLU Rubicon a few months ago.

I want to add a lift, wheels and tires but don't want to spend $7k+ all at once. I was thinking of doing this in stages or adding a less expensive lift and then upgrading down the line.

The Jeep is my daily driver and I'm taking it off road several times a month (and definitely wanting to do more!).

What's the best way you experienced Jeepers would recommend doing this?
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Definitely don't get something "less expensive" and then upgrade it down the line. That's literally throwing money away. Save up for what you want, buy it once and be done with it. None of these components you listed are at all necessary to upgrade immediately unless you're doing crazy stuff, so don't rush if you don't need to.

Personally I would get wheels first since you have a Rubicon. On a budget, maybe just tires if you don't *need* rims. The good thing here is you can sell your stock tires and wheels to recoup some money if you're going for a whole new wheel setup. Get reliable tires, please do not cheap out on those. I cringe watching people searching the bargain bins for tires, it's the one thing on your vehicle touching the ground.. think about that one for a second. Not saying you're that type of person, just making a general comment there. For rims, find styles you like, make sure they fit and have the look you want, and see if you can afford it, not much else to say there. There are a gazillion picture threads and posts on wheels so search for those.

After wheels then go for the lift. Rubicon can accomodate 35's without lift. I have Method 701 rims and 315 KO2s and have had zero rubbing at all and I'm not lifted. Going back to the lift, I don't have one so I have no input on which to get, but there's a whole section on the forums about them. Do your research there. Again, going back to what I first said, buy what you want the first time and be done, don't waste money settling and then upgrading.

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
4 wheel parts.com is having deals on Wheels and tires. Buy 3 get one free. I just got mine from them about two weeks ago & saved over $600.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
RC 2.5 inch spacer kit $179
RC front Trackbar $139
Tazer light $219

Choose 35-37 inch tires and wheels from DT.

Call it a day.

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
RC 2.5 inch spacer kit $179
RC front Trackbar $139
Tazer light $219

Choose 35-37 inch tires and wheels from DT.

Call it a day.
Do you need to buy the front trackbar if you're putting on the 2.5 inch RC spacer lift?

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Maintain your geometry or you’ll be more prone to death wobble. It’s smart that you’re asking for advice. A lot of us have wasted money AND made our rigs worse by not simply asking around for a bit of guidance. There’s a lot of junk out there in the aftermarket.

Rubi’s are so bad ass already. Why are you Rubi owners always upgrading what’s already a stunningly capable Jeep?

Sponsored

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
Maintain your geometry or you’ll be more prone to death wobble. It’s smart that you’re asking for advice. A lot of us have wasted money AND made our rigs worse by not simply asking around for a bit of guidance. There’s a lot of junk out there in the aftermarket.

Rubi’s are so bad ass already. Why are you Rubi owners always upgrading what’s already a stunningly capable Jeep?
So you would for sure install a trackbar with a 2.5inch lift? I have a sport and was thinking a RC 2.5 Spacer lift with 35s

OP
OP
dima24

dima24

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. What's the best way to "maintain your geometry?" Does a Mopar lift accomplish that?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
You could always do a 1.5" spacer lift from teraflex which more than likely won't need any geometry fixing parts and a pair of 35s on your stock wheels.
Sponsored