First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Hopefully you can get some help w/ your situation, maybe a few Jeep folks w/ the same interests can get you to a better place.
Hang in there man :)
Like I said, there is no hope. If anything was going to happen, it would have long before now. So what do I do about that? I just keep going anyway. Fuck it.
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Like I said, there is no hope. If anything was going to happen, it would have long before now. So what do I do about that? I just keep going anyway. Fuck it.
Like you said, take it one day at a time. Embrace the suck, motor on and hope for a few brighter days between the dark ones. And yeah, after dealing with it for so long it just is what it is and I try my best to enjoy the little things in life when I can. Doing nothing, going nowhere and being left alone are now my favorite pastimes. It's not terribly exciting, but at least it's cheap!

Shoot me a DM if you ever need to talk šŸ‘

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Go see a shrink and get on some medication. That's what I did and it made the world of difference. Depression is just like being sick you need to go to the doctor and get help. I can't believe what a difference it makes to be on medication. I'm bi-polar and have just accepted the fact that I'm going to be on meds the rest of my life for it and I'm okay with that. Good luck!

jeep-tonic

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I use my 4 Ryobi 18v to go from 10 PSI to 35 in my 37's.
I am looking at that one too. How long does it take to fill all 4 tires? How mny tires can one battery charge fill?

Sponsored

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
Any inflator would get you through twice a year,
I have a Makita 12v inflator. Set the PSI and hold the trigger until it stops. Not really a good option.
I bought a plug in inflator from Costco because it was on sale for $59. Set the PSI and wait, and wait, and wait. It's slow, about 6 minutes per tire.
I just bought a inflator from Harbor Freight because it was on sale for $55. It looks a lot like the Viair and for the money it rocks. No PSI to set so I watch the dash. It does get hot by the time I inflate all four tires. Compare this to the Viair that was linked: https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...12v-150-psi-compact-air-compressor-63184.html
Same thing all the way down to the switch on the back.
does the viair 88p or the harbor freight fit in that cubby underneath the cargo mat?

J-Frame

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a Viair 300P which is I think maybe a little larger than the 88p? Not sure, but you can check. Anyway, the compressor only I think will fit in my ā€˜21 Rubicons cubby. However, I use the very nice Viair bag that it came with, stuff it with all my deflators, tire pressure gauge(s), tire tread depth gauge, tire patch kit, valve stems, valve cores, and the associated tools, and finally a pair of rubber gloves, and a pair of leather gloves. So that bag will definitely not fit in the cubby. But I am far more prepared than I would be with just a compressor.

And I grab the bag and stick it in my Jeep/F-250 depending on what Iā€™m driving and doing. Iā€™ve used it on trailers, tractor, mowers, even dollies (the kind you move furniture withā€¦get your mind out of the gutter, lol).

Canā€™t do that with an installed system! If it was on my Jeep Iā€™d need my truck, or vice versa.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Everyone in the off road world seems to love giving viair money for their underwhelming compressors. Buy this. https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-2...=1674563325&sprefix=smittybilt,aps,195&sr=8-3
Cheaper than the viair 400p that always gets recommended by a few dollars...with more than double the output. I've had mine so long it's doubled in price since I bought it. 10+ years of frequent use airing up everything from 31's on the grand cherokee to 42's on my old wagoneer. Never a problem airing up 8 large tires back to back. The only thing I've had to replace in that time was the coil hose, as they did kinda cheap out there. Still I've only replaced that once.

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I am looking at that one too. How long does it take to fill all 4 tires? How mny tires can one battery charge fill?
I carry 4 compressors and 4 batteries. On my 38's going from 8 PSI to 24 PSI, it only takes a couple of minutes.

A 6Ah battery can fill all my tires, but I carry 4@4Ah.

What does that mean?
Google or siri can explain it.

I have a Viair 300P which is I think maybe a little larger than the 88p? Not sure, but you can check.
Much bigger and should easily fill four 37's to 25 PSI with it's duty cycle.

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

jbrug141

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon Mojito, 2016 Dodge Charger SRT, 2007 Jeep JKU Sahara Rescue Green (SOLD)

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I carry 4 compressors and 4 batteries. On my 38's going from 8 PSI to 24 PSI, it only takes a couple of minutes.

A 6Ah battery can fill all my tires, but I carry 4@4Ah.

Google or siri can explain it.

Much bigger and should easily fill four 37's to 25 PSI with it's duty cycle.
You carry 4 compressors? Seems overkill but to each his own. I've been thinking of buying or making a 4 hose set up for airing up with my single compressor but I've never seen anyone run 4 compressors.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You carry 4 compressors? Seems overkill but to each his own. I've been thinking of buying or making a 4 hose set up for airing up with my single compressor but I've never seen anyone run 4 compressors.
Let us know if it's worth a 4 hose setup. It seems like it would be a hassle to make up, store, and use so many hoses.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E