Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
FWIW I air up (4) 295/70/17 tires from 18 to 35 psi in about 10 minutes, the 88p has a duty cycle that will allow you to fill up two sets of tires that size so it's a good choice if you need to fill up one other Jeep on the trail if the tires aren't too tall :)
Too tall or wide. My conversation with Viair engineer

Ricky E: the 450p rv is a 100% duty cycle compressor. the 88p is a 33% duty cycle compressor. the 450p rv auto will take a little longer to get to the desired psi, but can run longer once there. the 88p will get to the desired psi but wont be able to run as long. same concept for the 400p compared to the 450p rv automatic
I own the 88P but want to get a more powerful/longer duty cycle unit.
Ricky E: the 450p rv automatic will accomplish that for you
Sponsored

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
IDK if there's much to distinguish them -- I carry a 100 pack I got on Amazon for $9, figure it's cheap insurance (for me or anyone else in the group): https://www.amazon.com/Riseuvo-100Pcs-Schrader-Tire-Valve/dp/B08R6TFHFX/
Ah interesting, that's a huge pack for dirt cheap. I saw this tool set linked, is this what you'd need to carry and use with those tire valves? I need to watch a video on this somewhere:

https://www.amazon.com/Riseuvo-6Pcs-Tire-Valve-Removal/dp/B089VS6V51/131-9112315-4571329

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Ah interesting, that's a huge pack for dirt cheap. I saw this tool set linked, is this what you'd need to carry and use with those tire valves? I need to watch a video on this somewhere:

https://www.amazon.com/Riseuvo-6Pcs-Tire-Valve-Removal/dp/B089VS6V51/131-9112315-4571329
Right, although really just one of those tools. The 4-way tool in that set can also clean threads and remove the entire stem (not just the core), which is a different kettle of fish altogether. Probably not a bad idea to get some spare stems as well as cores, in case they get taken out by a rock, but I haven't gotten around to looking into that (and have never replaced a valve stem).

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Right, although really just one of those tools. The 4-way tool in that set can also clean threads and remove the entire stem (not just the core), which is a different kettle of fish altogether. Probably not a bad idea to get some spare stems as well as cores, in case they get taken out by a rock, but I haven't gotten around to looking into that (and have never replaced a valve stem).
Looks like a combo pack of the past two links to the rescue! (cores/tools/caps): https://www.amazon.com/Riseuvo-Valve-Single-Remover-Repair/dp/B07HBPGGW5

Haven't thought about spare stems either. Just had the thought that it might be fun to buy a spare tire/wheel that's dirt cheap on FB marketplace/craigslist to practice a few of these things (plugging/patching, core replacement, etc.).

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Sorry quickly written and poorly worded. I was just referring to a generic “emergency” tire inflator that draws power from the 12v cigarette lighter.
I aired down a set of 32s and pumped them back up with one of those cigarette lighter emergency inflators. By the time I was finally done, the plastic housing was starting to melt, and all the metal parts were ridiculously hot. I had to run that piece of crap for, well, way too long. Maybe an hour and a half?

I went nuts after that, and installed an on-board air system. I love it, but it was expensive and complicated, and I don't go wheeling that much anymore. If I had it all to do over again, I would get the portable Viair compressor you were talking about.

(I'm not sure why I got out of the habit of wheeling so often. I was dedicated to getting the green girl dirty just about every weekend, and then I went through that mud hole in January and lost the ability to turn left, due to ice accumulation. I sat out the rest of the winter, and never really got back into the habit.)

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
(I'm not sure why I got out of the habit of wheeling so often. I was dedicated to getting the green girl dirty just about every weekend, and then I went through that mud hole in January and lost the ability to turn left, due to ice accumulation. I sat out the rest of the winter, and never really got back into the habit.)
Gotta get back on that horse! Besides, as everyone knows, while two wrongs don't make a right, three rights do make a left, lol.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Gotta get back on that horse! Besides, as everyone knows, while two wrongs don't make a right, three rights do make a left, lol.
It has just been a really screwed up year. One big issue has just been money. My fixed costs are about the same they were last year, or even lower in some cases, but my uncontrollable expenses basically doubled. I had to cut back where I could.

I guess the big thing is I've just been depressed all year. It has been a rainy summer. I haven't had the entire top off all year. Jeep Dog is not getting any younger, and she's old, slow, and has a 60% chance of crapping in the back seat.

On the bright side, I bought the materials to make a clock just before I got the Jeep, and now that I'm not building the Jeep every weekend, I finally found my way back to that. I finally made a successful clock part yesterday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice: tire inflator or air compressor 1662844077058

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I bought the Viair 440P 4-5 years ago for my truck and use it for the Jeep as well.

Reactions: J0E

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I use the smittybilt 2781 for my 35" tires. Takes about 2 minutes per tire to go from 12 psi to over 30 psi, and it has a 15 minute continuous operating time. I usually air up both my jeep tires and the wife's Bronco tires, only turning it off to change to the next tire. Been working like a champ for a couple years now. Probably used at least once a month, probably more.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I've got a cheaper smittybuilt compressor I got off Amazon for about $100. With my 4-way air system I made it takes me from 18 - 36 psi in about 10 minutes.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I guess the big thing is I've just been depressed all year. It has been a rainy summer. I haven't had the entire top off all year. Jeep Dog is not getting any younger, and she's old, slow, and has a 60% chance of crapping in the back seat.
Sorry you've been depressed. That sucks. I hope you can turn it around. I know it's not easy but good luck!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Sorry you've been depressed. That sucks. I hope you can turn it around. I know it's not easy but good luck!
At this point I've just kind of accepted that it's never turning around. What do I do if it doesn't? Do I shoot myself in the face? That doesn't sound good. I'm not doing that. So how do I deal with it?

One day at a time.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
At this point I've just kind of accepted that it's never turning around. What do I do if it doesn't? Do I shoot myself in the face? That doesn't sound good. I'm not doing that. So how do I deal with it?

One day at a time.
Hopefully you can get some help w/ your situation, maybe a few Jeep folks w/ the same interests can get you to a better place.
Hang in there man :)
Sponsored