Advice on winter tires for JL Rubicon

Shinysideup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, JLU soon
Those with Rubicons and dedicated winter tires, what brand are you running? I have Blizzaks on the other car but those don't seem available in T285/70R17. The local store recommended "Mastercraft Courser MSR" but I've never heard of them (Cooper sub-brand). Can't find anything else same size...

This is in preparation for driving on snowy, icy CO roads, not off-roading in the snow. Skiing and snowshoeing take over from wheeling and camping for me in the winter.
Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Those with Rubicons and dedicated winter tires, what brand are you running? I have Blizzaks on the other car but those don't seem available in T285/70R17. The local store recommended "Mastercraft Courser MSR" but I've never heard of them (Cooper sub-brand). Can't find anything else same size...

This is in preparation for driving on snowy, icy CO roads, not off-roading in the snow. Skiing and snowshoeing take over from wheeling and camping for me in the winter.
I had mastercrafts 3 years ago on our GC and they hummed so bad I got rid of them before the tread wore down. Other then that they were fine in the snow.

Firestone has the winter force lt in 265/70 so a little smaller then stock but probably better for the winter. No experience with them.

Shinysideup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, JLU soon
I had mastercrafts 3 years ago on our GC and they hummed so bad I got rid of them before the tread wore down. Other then that they were fine in the snow.

Firestone has the winter force lt in 265/70 so a little smaller then stock but probably better for the winter. No experience with them.
Thanks for feedback and pointer. Looks like I could get Blizzaks in 265/70 too. That's more than an inch smaller than the stock KO2s though so I might just try living with the KO2s for a season.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
For those that have gotten winters, do you do all 5 or just the 4 tires. Got my Blizzaks last week and I wasn’t even thinking about the spare. Just for aesthetics I’m thinking I should.

Sponsored

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’ve always ran Duratracs but I’m very impressed with the KO2s that came on my Rubicon. Snowed last night and they did exceptionally well. So impressed I may end up choosing them over the Duratracs when I move to 35s. Plus, they are about $50 less per tire. And that’s coming from a dedicated duratrac guy.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Long time BFG guy here. Loved my KO2’s, but I recently made the switch to Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. Amazing tire in every condition so far - mud and wet in MI and NC to snow in Chicagoland.

Better siping and better winter performance than my KO2’s.

19360865-FC70-491D-93E5-F79A60D2220D.jpeg

A34C6A3D-8DC0-4D92-9E01-75E8D57705D4.jpeg
Sponsored