Sponsored

Advice on removing passenger a pillar grab handle.

OP
OP

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
Sorry, I custom made it.

Well, let me clarify...I bought the mount but had to custom cut and grind and shape it to fit perfectly on the plastic panel on rear view mirror stem. Its bolted on with 2 tiny screws.

Attached is the mount I bought, but it will not fit unless you modify it. Basically, just need the bottom part of the mount.

If want, buy one and send to me, I own a business with a full shop and can make it for you if want. Very easy to do, can ship it back to you day after I receive it. Let me know
Screenshot_20190324-204352_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190324-204352_Gmail.jpg
Really appreciate the offer but before dropping i might 3d Print one. I should dig around and see if i can find some cad files of the blackvue. If i found some might lead me down that road for when my windshield cracks. Sadly these days i have little time for personal projects.
Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Interesting thread. I’m looking at installing the BlackVue 650 -2ch
I can see how to remove the plastic cover above the sun visors, and thanks to this post I can see how to remove the passenger a-pillar cover. How do you get to the footwell from there?

By the way, I could not see any easy tidy way to tuck the cables in without removing any panels, nor could I see how to get the cable to the footwell.

I need to get to the footwell to access the aux wiring.

Cheers
Patrick

2019 JLUR Punk’n

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Update. I took off the panels to install the wires, but you don’t need to and it’s pretty easy.

In the picture, I’ve removed the panels, and in yellow I show where I’ve actually taped the wires.

With the blue arrows i show the easier alternative.

There’s a gap between the A-Pillar and the screen (as it folds down!) so you can pass a wire in front of the pillar by the screen. The outside wire can go down the channel by the frame and the inside wire can just be pushed up into the plastic cover above the sun visors to be attached to wherever you have your dash cam. I put mine right in front of the mirror as it won’t obstruct my view in any way.

32A8666A-5127-473F-AFDB-B689CCF253FE.jpeg

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Wires get routed to behind glove box if using magic box to get mounted there or down to aux switch bank
20190324_202429.jpg
20190324_202327.jpg
20190324_202227.jpg
wires
THIS is super clean. While not all of us can make that custom holder for the front, I am interested to see your solution for the rear facing camera? Specifically, I am debating if it is worth it to mount on rear glass but that unfortunately limits to just when hard top is on, you would be rear camera-less whenever topless or soft top.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
THIS is super clean. While not all of us can make that custom holder for the front, I am interested to see your solution for the rear facing camera? Specifically, I am debating if it is worth it to mount on rear glass but that unfortunately limits to just when hard top is on, you would be rear camera-less whenever topless or soft top.
This is also my question regarding installing a rear dash cam possibly on the roll bar when running the soft top. Anyone done this or have suggestions?
Sponsored