Advice on new build - 2024 Rubicon X

ljfazu

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Yea i love my 4xE, you can lease, get the credit and everything, and buy it out within a month or leave it as a lease then buy out in 2-3 years, you lose a bit because of the rent charge(cost to lease on top of base payment), but you get the full $7500 instantly instead of as a rebate for next year. if you're buying it out, you can modify it the same way you would if you owned it. I have a lease and i'm still doing plenty of mods, most things bolt in or are some effort, you're not hacking the body and drilling through for most things. I ordered a 24 Rubicon X 4xE, its literally got everything and then some for 70k, i'll transfer my zeon 10s winch from my current 4xE, 72k msrp with half doors, 8% off invoice through Mitch.
any chance you would be up for sharing your invoice? I'm currently negotiating with dealers and they are not (yet) budging because they don't have any hard evidence of pricing competition....
Sponsored

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
any chance you would be up for sharing your invoice? I'm currently negotiating with dealers and they are not (yet) budging because they don't have any hard evidence of pricing competition....
Man, I hate those dealers. But really, there is a sheet in the order section for below invoice dealers. If dealers near you are willing to deal its well worth the plane right or road-trip.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My big dilemma is 392. Well oh well. Send me some $$$$& to help fund my 392 obsession and we’ll call it even after it’s my 70th in October. So there’s a scary thought a 70 year driving a 392 in your rear view mirror 🤪🤣

113EA477-AA7C-4566-99E2-0FC2C0BAD82F.jpeg
This 70+ year old can quickly reverse mirror images and be looking at them in my mirror with most vehicles. The minority that I can’t, I take satisfaction that a Jeep can remain in their mirror and they can’t lose me outright. This I learned 46 years ago building my 63 Corvillys/ Willette Jeep. Great Fun. ;)

pyrodave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue 4xE
i got mine from Mitch at Ourisman, hit up the below invoice thread for whos closest to you. if you're in washington it might be @12psi

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Hit up @12psi in Idaho. His prices are great and much better that anything I found in Washington

Sponsored

Peep the Jeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler
i got mine from Mitch at Ourisman, hit up the below invoice thread for whos closest to you. if you're in washington it might be @12psi
@12psi! Kent was amazing to work with. He had great pricing but the whole process from start to finish was very smooth!

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I need clarification, does the Rubicon X package come with the
4:1 Rock-Trac® Heavy-Duty Full-Time 4WD System
or
4:1 Rock-Trac® Heavy-Duty Part-Time 4WD System ?????

OP
OP

njones61

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Wrangler Rubicon
I need clarification, does the Rubicon X package come with the
4:1 Rock-Trac® Heavy-Duty Full-Time 4WD System
or
4:1 Rock-Trac® Heavy-Duty Part-Time 4WD System ?????
Full time.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
We are selling our 2007 Rubicon and getting a 2024 Rubicon X. I am having some anxiety before I pull the trigger on the factory order. Here are specs:

• Rubicon X package (24Y)
  • 3.6L V6/Auto
  • Earl Grey clear coat
  • Black leather (the only option - they won't let you pick brown)
  • Satin black grille (more on this below)
  • MOPAR Doors off mirror kit
  • MOPAR cold air intake (my current jeep has an aftermarket CAI - I like it)
  • MOPAR plastic door sill guards
  • MOPAR all-weather floor mats
  • 4.88 rear axle ratio
  • MOPAR rear hinge gate reinforcement
OK, so my first question is the grille. Looking at pics of the 2024 grilles, it looks like most of the grille is black anyway so we are just talking about the edge of the grille. My wife thinks she prefers the regular grille. Will probably switch that back, but would be interested in opinions.

Anything I missed that I should add? Anything on the list I should reconsider?

Interestingly, once you pick the Rubicon X, there are very few options given that most things are already packaged in.

I was quoted a price of $69,900 ($71,800 sticker).
That price is high. You can go on the Jeep configurator and do better than that.

Sponsored

henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Firecracker Red
Regarding the full time Rock Trac, is it full time 4wd, or 2wd with 4 wheel auto mode in 4H and regular 4H and 4L? Thanks in advance for your replies.

dstevens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX
'Full time' has 5 positions (2H, 4 auto, 4H, N, 4L). "Part time' has 4 positions (2H, 4H, N, 4L)

The transfer case description for each mode is reversed in my opinion. "Full time" and "Part time" are from the point of view of the driver, whereas I think of it from the point of view of the the transfer case.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Kent is great. But you have to finance with him for 6 months so you have to account fit that. But Mitch I think had the best numbers. And will sell to even if you are in California then you have the issue of getting it back here I haven’t run the numbers. But s ticket east and then driving back hotels gas or camping it’s gonna add up still that’s pretty inviting. New road trip camping extended vacation fish wheel etc is

henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Firecracker Red
'Full time' has 5 positions (2H, 4 auto, 4H, N, 4L). "Part time' has 4 positions (2H, 4H, N, 4L)

The transfer case description for each mode is reversed in my opinion. "Full time" and "Part time" are from the point of view of the driver, whereas I think of it from the point of view of the the transfer case.
Thanks, same as my pickup then. I prefer having 4 auto as an option. Much of the time, during winter driving , our roads are a mix of dry and ice/packed snow.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
2.0 turbo vs 3.6 I go 3.6. For the following reasons
1 the turbo sounds like crap
2 long term reliability pulling that much go out of a small displacement seems like the pistons and other parts would need to be. Beefed up more rpm. More wear. And tear. More parts more to fail
3 displacement displacement. Bummer I can’t get the 392 to work for my budget.
What i would like to see is a small block v8 that doesn’t need High test ie a modest tune.
As much as. I love the 392, that would be better
Sponsored