Advice on new build - 2024 Rubicon X

njones61

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Wrangler Rubicon
We are selling our 2007 Rubicon and getting a 2024 Rubicon X. I am having some anxiety before I pull the trigger on the factory order. Here are specs:

• Rubicon X package (24Y)
  • 3.6L V6/Auto
  • Earl Grey clear coat
  • Black leather (the only option - they won't let you pick brown)
  • Satin black grille (more on this below)
  • MOPAR Doors off mirror kit
  • MOPAR cold air intake (my current jeep has an aftermarket CAI - I like it)
  • MOPAR plastic door sill guards
  • MOPAR all-weather floor mats
  • 4.88 rear axle ratio
  • MOPAR rear hinge gate reinforcement
OK, so my first question is the grille. Looking at pics of the 2024 grilles, it looks like most of the grille is black anyway so we are just talking about the edge of the grille. My wife thinks she prefers the regular grille. Will probably switch that back, but would be interested in opinions.

Anything I missed that I should add? Anything on the list I should reconsider?

Interestingly, once you pick the Rubicon X, there are very few options given that most things are already packaged in.

I was quoted a price of $69,900 ($71,800 sticker).
Sponsored

OP
OP

njones61

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Also, we weren't given any options for the wheels. Anyone know what the 2024 Rubicon X wheels look like?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Are you sure you want the 3.6l? Don't automatically assume the 6cyl is better than the 4cyl. Test drive both.

The 3.6l isn't a bad engine but it is the noticeably weaker engine at altitudes above 3000' (your profile doesn't provide your general location). The 2.0 pairs very well with the auto trans and packs a lot of punch. If you haven't considered it, it will surprise you.

Sponsored

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
If you order black grille you won’t get regular Earl grille so if you are unsure, better to get body color and swap after market. Then you also have a nice wall decoration!

OP
OP

njones61

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Wrangler Rubicon
You don’t need to add on the hinge gate reinforcement. It comes packaged with the X.

You can do better on pricing. There are a lot of dealers that are doing 6-8% below invoice.
I think you are right about the hinge gate. Thanks.

I will shop the price around to other dealers in the area once I get the package nailed down.

Skolson

First Name
Stef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
We are selling our 2007 Rubicon and getting a 2024 Rubicon X. I am having some anxiety before I pull the trigger on the factory order. Here are specs:

• 3.6L V6/Auto
  • Earl Grey clear coat
  • 4.88 rear axle ratio
OK, so my first question is the grille. Looking at pics of the 2024 grilles, it looks like most of the grille is black anyway so we are just talking about the edge of the grille. My wife thinks she prefers the regular grille. Will probably switch that back, but would be interested in opinions.

Interestingly, once you pick the Rubicon X, there are very few options given that most things are already packaged in.

I ordered the same vehicle and color! I wanted tan seats, but also wasn’t available. I will add the CAI, as I didn’t think about that when I ordered. Didn’t go with that axle, but went with the mats, sill guards, and cargo liner. Also added the winch. The door hinge is part of X pkg due to the 35” tires.

also opted for the 3.6, as I have it in my current 18 JLU and have been very pleased with performance on and off-road. I live at 5600 feet and no issues - it’s my daily commuter (50 mile r/t) and weekend explorer. I test drove the 2.0 at the dealer on the day I ordered to ensure which engine I preferred and stuck with the 3.6 since it has served my purposes well.

good luck with your order! 😀

Skolson

First Name
Stef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Sponsored

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
I see interest rates holding through 2024 and whether or not you finance isn't the issue, but rates will continue to put downward pressure on pricing. A 2.6% discount off MSRP is not a great deal, as mentioned, but it's very early in the 2024 model year and you're ordering exactly what you want. $70k Wranglers aren't exactly flying off the lots.

You're likely to get 10%++ off MSRP when there's a bunch of 24's sitting on dealer lots. Sometimes being flexible on color and non-consequential options can net a lot of savings, if that's of interest to you.

All the other stuff - door sills, CAI, floor mats, mirror kit, I'd shop what you can get through the parts department at the dealer, maybe with a discount since you purchased there. If that's important or makes a difference to you.

I'd also spend time in a 2.0T. I'm not usually a 4-cylinder guy. My first experience was playing around with one in Moab beside my old 3.6 and I fell in love on the first drive. The 2.0 gives you torque where you need and want it and it doesn't need to be revved hard to crawl up a wall.

EarlGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Can definitely do better in pricing. I ordered a similar build and got about 11% off MSRP no haggle pricing with my sales guy.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer

• 3.6L V6/Auto
  • Earl Grey clear coat
  • 4.88 rear axle ratio

Here is my Order sheet

2024 WRANGLER 2-DOOR RUBICON (JLJS72)

Model: JLJS72 WRANGLER 2-DOOR RUBICON 45,395 44,260
Package: 24Y Customer Preferred Package 24Y 9,500 8,550
ERC 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS 0 0
DFT 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans (Make) 4,500 4,050
Paint/Seat/Trim: PRC Firecracker Red C/C 495 446

*VL Nappa Leather Seats 0 0
-X9 Black 0 0

MMU MOPAR HD Rock Slider w/Step Assist 975 878
MFD MOPAR Performance Satin Black Grille 325 293

JFF Mopar Cold Air Intake 525 473