Sponsored

Advice on lift kit shocks 30mph trails...

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
Hi, i have a 2018 JLU Sahara. I want to lift 2-2.5" but,this is important, i want a very smooth ride on trail going relatively fast...
For the kind of off-road trails i do, everyone tells me to put budget boost. But when i hit trails we often have a main trail with passes on the side. So usually a stock Jeep can follow without going in the passes.
But my concern is that most of the Jeep have big tires, lifts, better shocks, etc...
In the main trail they can go quite fast (about 30mph, look picture for type of road i am talking about). But for me and my girlfriend which has back problems, it is very uncomfortable to follow at that pace.
Finally, which kit do you think would give me a good comfort on road but also absorb impacts and allow us to follow bigger rigs?
Can i get something under $1300 ?

Screenshot_20200907-215008.png
Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Unfortunately when it comes to ride quality, at speed, with a solid axle Jeep... its not going to be cheap. Just a set of tuned Fox 2.0 R/R shocks would run you around $1400-1500. I assume you are lowering tire pressure for traction & comfort?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I agree on the tire pressure question. What PSI are you going down to? Even on easy to moderate trails where it is needed for traction, it makes a world of a difference in comfort.

On non-beadlocks I've run with 37" tires at 12 PSI a lot and it is much more comfortable!

OP
OP

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately when it comes to ride quality, at speed, with a solid axle Jeep... its not going to be cheap. Just a set of tuned Fox 2.0 R/R shocks would run you around $1400-1500. I assume you are lowering tire pressure for traction & comfort?
Hi, yes i lower them to about 16psi. But never disconnected. Would it help?

OP
OP

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree on the tire pressure question. What PSI are you going down to? Even on easy to moderate trails where it is needed for traction, it makes a world of a difference in comfort.

On non-beadlocks I've run with 37" tires at 12 PSI a lot and it is much more comfortable!
33inches around 16psi

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Hi, yes i lower them to about 16psi. But never disconnected. Would it help?
Disconnecting sway bar is really for slow speed rockcrawling. It wont affect comfort, but will affect control.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe give the people at accutune a call. Or any other company that custom valves shocks. They should be able to work up a quote for you based on what you are looking for.

OP
OP

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking into this lift kit ( yes i also want a lift!) . I guess it should be better with this than stock Sahara shocks?

JKS Manufacturing Suspension Lift Kit 2-1/2" With FOX 2.0 Shocks And Standard Coils 4-Door Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2020
117kf kit wirh fox shocks version
Sponsored