Sponsored

Advice on Buying a Rubicon

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Update: I just ordered a sarge green rubicon!!! Thank you guys for all the help!

I ordered from Travis Reynolds from Tri-City Chrysler Jeep Dodge in North Carolina. I have included the details of the discount below.

Discount details.png
Great deal. What is their DOC fee?
Sponsored

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Great deal. What is their DOC fee?
$499. I almost ordered from them last week, but with an estimated 3 month delivery, I figured I will try to find one I like in-stock or just order a 2021 later in the fall.

tkmo061

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Update: I just ordered a sarge green rubicon!!! Thank you guys for all the help!

I ordered from Travis Reynolds from Tri-City Chrysler Jeep Dodge in North Carolina. I have included the details of the discount below.

Discount details.png
Congrats!!!!

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. By any chance you know any dealer in California that would offer that? I'm probably gonna contact your dealer and see if I can order with them and have them deliver to California. The note that you have explaining the discount, is that from the dealer or is it listed on their website?
I know ours was $56 and change. The build sheet with financing was $48k and change. I can't do the percentage, but that's $8k off. Might not be the same for everyone, but holy crap. The Sahara build sheet (for the one we were going to order) was $43 and change. Hence why we went with the Rubicon. Why not?!

Doc was like $399 + $13 for Idaho title fee, so $413.

Then to top it off, they filled the tank, and a paint chip was noticed as we were about to drive away. Kent is sending our jeep to a shop to have it fixed. I have pictures of him and a tech on the floor, just after we took our "trophy" pictures, touching it up as best they could. He still wasn't satisfied and we've been in constant contact since.

I am still tickled with my wife's jeep and would go there again.

rogerutley

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Advise please..Going to order a 2021 Rubicon this morning thru may local dealer..questions and advice if don't mind please?..I am under the impression I will need to pay full sticker price..But after finding this thread..maybe I wont!..When ordering ..do you agree on price before placing order..last thing I want to do is wait the 8-10 weeks he said wait would be, then have to pay more than I could have ordered it elsewhere?..Am I looking at all this correct? Sorry for the confusion..by wife is buying it for me as a retirement/paying off my EVIL credit card additicon!.. I want exactly the Jeep I want and would rather order local.. but I be dang if I will pay thousand too much!..Be safe !Roger

Sponsored

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Advise please..Going to order a 2021 Rubicon this morning thru may local dealer..questions and advice if don't mind please?..I am under the impression I will need to pay full sticker price..But after finding this thread..maybe I wont!..When ordering ..do you agree on price before placing order..last thing I want to do is wait the 8-10 weeks he said wait would be, then have to pay more than I could have ordered it elsewhere?..Am I looking at all this correct? Sorry for the confusion..by wife is buying it for me as a retirement/paying off my EVIL credit card additicon!.. I want exactly the Jeep I want and would rather order local.. but I be dang if I will pay thousand too much!..Be safe !Roger
I would absolutely NOT pay full price for an order. I ordered mine with 8% off the invoice price. I got 6% off automatically 1% for being a tread lightly member (you can sign up for 100 dollars and become a member) and 1% for financing through the dealership. I ordered through tri city Jeep in Eden, NC .
I would negotiate before you order.

Where are you from? There are many recommended dealerships on the forum that won’t make you pay full price.

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
I would absolutely not pay full price for an order. I ordered mine with 8% off the invoice price. I got 6% off automatically 1% for being a tread lightly member (you can sign up for 100 dollars and become a member) and 1% for financing through the dealership. I ordered through tri city Jeep in Eden, NC .

Where are you from? There are many recommended dealerships on the forum that won’t make you pay full price.
For reference, the Rubi I ordered had an MSRP of 52,410, I paid 45,658.

rogerutley

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I would absolutely NOT pay full price for an order. I ordered mine with 8% off the invoice price. I got 6% off automatically 1% for being a tread lightly member (you can sign up for 100 dollars and become a member) and 1% for financing through the dealership. I ordered through tri city Jeep in Eden, NC .

Thank you..from southern Indiana

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Thank you..from southern Indiana
I would recommend going to the 'Recommended Dealers' sticky thread at the top of the 'Ordering, Pricing, Production, Tracking'. That's where I found the dealer I used in North Carolina. There is probably a dealer near you. I am sure you could also ask in that thread if you don't see one.

If you really want to buy local, my advice would be to get a quote from one of the known dealers that does good deals (like Travis at tri city jeeps for example) and then take that quote with you to your local dealership. That should help you with your negotiations.

rogerutley

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I would recommend going to the 'Recommended Dealers' sticky thread at the top of the 'Ordering, Pricing, Production, Tracking'. That's where I found the dealer I used in North Carolina. There is probably a dealer near you. I am sure you could also ask in that thread if you don't see one.

If you really want to buy local, my advice would be to get a quote from one of the known dealers that does good deals (like Travis at tri city jeeps for example) and then take that quote with you to your local dealership. That should help you with your negotiations.
Good advice..thank you

Sponsored

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I would be aware of the hidden cost dealers can and do add to a new vehicle. In Arizona they normally add $1200 to $1500 dollars to the price for Micky mouse dealer add on items. Make sure
it's clearly outlined in the contract you sign. In my case they said the opposite and I had to have the manager change it and initial the changes. First and foremost, dealers are professionals so be careful. Secondly never pay full price, review the comments on this thread and it will give you a perspective of what's a fair price. Best of luck.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Do not place an order until you have read every page of the Recommended Dealers thread. Then, do not pay any more than 6-8% off invoice. Local dealers typically don’t play ball. Have fun!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't listen to anyone on the forum. That's my advice. Factors vary by region and by time. Buying local has advantages that long distance dealers don't have. Savings from hundreds to thousands of miles have extra costs. When I bought my last Bentley I could have saved $20,000 buying from a dealer in Dubai but I wanted it from England.
Sponsored