First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
I am sorry to join this thread so late. I bought a 2 Door JL Sting Gray Rubicon from Peterson in Nampa, Idaho. It was an awesome experience and I believe that I saved around $4k over what I could have done in Nashville. It was a neat deal, and my Brother and I made a road trip of driving back... Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Park City, MOAB, Denver... He flew back to Orlando from Denver, I drove back through Kansas (they have a lot of wind mills), Saw my Girlfriend in KY, and then back to Nashville.
Sponsored

tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Check out Dennis Dillon Jeep in Caldwell, Idaho. Killer online prices for high-end Wranglers. I fly up there Friday to pick up my new Rubicon. I am getting it for about $8,000 off MSRP. They have a Sting Grey in stock right now.

Last edited:

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Hello! I have been stalking this forum for months and I have seen some of the best deals are ordering a Wrangler. My wedding was recently cancelled due to Covid 19 which is a bummer but on the flip side I can buy a Jeep quicker :)... so I have to look at that as a positive. My fiance and I are now in the market for a JL Rubicon in the Sting Grey. I was wondering how you guys were finding all the deals without ordering? I don't have time to order because we are now planning a cross country trip to elope and we need to buy a Jeep in the next 2-3 months. I have been looking on CarGurus and Cars.com but obviously only a few dealers actually post their inventory. I live in northern Alabama and I am more than willing to travel a long ways to get a good deal. I was hoping for some advice on how to go about looking. I am open to buying used and new if only the price is right. The only options that are requirements are the following: matching fenders, hard top, LED package, tow package, and the premium sound system. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated! I am super excited to buy my future JL!

Short version: Any advice on finding good deals around the US besides using sites like CarGurus or Cars.com. I am located in north Alabama and willing to travel for a deal.
First and foremost I'm sorry about your wedding plans being interrupted by COVID-19, my son had the same problem in LA after months of planning. My best to you and you partner, I'm sure you will be married for many years, stay committed and be especially safe. You will love the Rubicon, just be aware of all the issues concerning the JLs and test drive
it on highways ..etc.

tkmo061

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Hello! I have been stalking this forum for months and I have seen some of the best deals are ordering a Wrangler. My wedding was recently cancelled due to Covid 19 which is a bummer but on the flip side I can buy a Jeep quicker :)... so I have to look at that as a positive. My fiance and I are now in the market for a JL Rubicon in the Sting Grey. I was wondering how you guys were finding all the deals without ordering? I don't have time to order because we are now planning a cross country trip to elope and we need to buy a Jeep in the next 2-3 months. I have been looking on CarGurus and Cars.com but obviously only a few dealers actually post their inventory. I live in northern Alabama and I am more than willing to travel a long ways to get a good deal. I was hoping for some advice on how to go about looking. I am open to buying used and new if only the price is right. The only options that are requirements are the following: matching fenders, hard top, LED package, tow package, and the premium sound system. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated! I am super excited to buy my future JL!

Short version: Any advice on finding good deals around the US besides using sites like CarGurus or Cars.com. I am located in north Alabama and willing to travel for a deal.
We actually found our Rubicon two weeks ago with exactly the right features we wanted right in your neck of the woods at Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Huntsville, AL. We were having a hard time finding the exact color and features we wanted and got our 2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon two days off the truck and it was only an hour and a half drive for us down from TN. Time is money for me so traveling across the country to save a couple grand isn't worth it to me. The dealership treated us right and we got the 36 months/zero percent financing since it was the Recon model. I used AutoTrader.com to do a daily search until we found a match. This is our first Wrangler and we are hooked and already spending way too much on upgrades. Good luck in your search!

Ryan

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Buying a Rubicon Jeep1

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 OB Rubicon, 98 Cherokee XJ, 93 Wrangler YJ
Hi. If you are willing to fly somewhere to pick up, I recommend contacting Kent S. at Peterson in Nampa, ID.

Kent Shurtleff
Peterson Auto Group
Director of National Jeep Sales
[email protected]
208-741-1289

I ordered mine and my price was 7.8% under dealer invoice. If you deal with him and are willing to finance through them and pay 6 payments (gentlemen agreement) before refinancing, you can get the same deal on the Jeeps on their lot. I just checked and they have several Rubicons in Sting Grey.

https://www.petersonramjeep.com/new...y-listing1-facet-anchor-normalExteriorColor-2

You can search for Kent on these forums. All have a positive experience working with him. He is very upfront. I asked about interest rate, max down payment, etc., because I knew that they make their money through the financing. He was completely honest and their were no surprises.

Sponsored

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
First and foremost I'm sorry about your wedding plans being interrupted by COVID-19, my son had the same problem in LA after months of planning. My best to you and you partner, I'm sure you will be married for many years, stay committed and be especially safe. You will love the Rubicon, just be aware of all the issues concerning the JLs and test drive
it on highways ..etc.
Thank you very much! :) I hope the best to your son as well!

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
We actually found our Rubicon two weeks ago with exactly the right features we wanted right in your neck of the woods at Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Huntsville, AL. We were having a hard time finding the exact color and features we wanted and got our 2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon two days off the truck and it was only an hour and a half drive for us down from TN. Time is money for me so traveling across the country to save a couple grand isn't worth it to me. The dealership treated us right and we got the 36 months/zero percent financing since it was the Recon model. I used AutoTrader.com to do a daily search until we found a match. This is our first Wrangler and we are hooked and already spending way too much on upgrades. Good luck in your search!

Ryan

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Buying a Rubicon Jeep1
Congrats!! That is a nice looking Rubicon!

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Update: I just ordered a sarge green rubicon!!! Thank you guys for all the help!

I ordered from Travis Reynolds from Tri-City Chrysler Jeep Dodge in North Carolina. I have included the details of the discount below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Buying a Rubicon Discount details

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Update: I just ordered a sarge green rubicon!!! Thank you guys for all the help!

I ordered from Travis Reynolds from Tri-City Chrysler Jeep Dodge in North Carolina. I have included the details of the discount below.

Congratulations Megan. Keep us posted as your order progresses in the factory. Mine took exactly four weeks from ordering to arriving at the dealer but that was in February /March when things were much more settled.

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon

Congrats. Did they mention if the factories have opened up or how long it would take? Also, that is great % off the invoice. I keep hearing this for custom orders, but a couple of dealers I talked to, they said we do not do that.

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Congrats. Did they mention if the factories have opened up or how long it would take? Also, that is great % off the invoice. I keep hearing this for custom orders, but a couple of dealers I talked to, they said we do not do that.
I was told by Travis the factories have opened and he estimated mid-August for it to arrive. The only semi-local dealership that I asked also did not match the 8 percent off invoice quotes that I showed them. I stalked the forums for which dealerships to contact and went from there. I also had a few members private message me to suggest dealerships which helped as well. I really liked that the dealerships suggested on here are no BS and will send you a quote almost immediately for the 7-8 percent off invoice (depending on the dealership).

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I was told by Travis the factories have opened and he estimated mid-August for it to arrive. The only semi-local dealership that I asked also did not match the 8 percent off invoice quotes that I showed them. I stalked the forums for which dealerships to contact and went from there. I also had a few members private message me to suggest dealerships which helped as well. I really liked that the dealerships suggested on here are no BS and will send you a quote almost immediately for the 7-8 percent off invoice (depending on the dealership).
Good to know. By any chance you know any dealer in California that would offer that? I'm probably gonna contact your dealer and see if I can order with them and have them deliver to California. The note that you have explaining the discount, is that from the dealer or is it listed on their website?

Last edited:
OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Good to know. By any chance you know any dealer in California that would offer that? I'm probably gonna contact your dealer and see if I can order with them and have them deliver to California. The note that you have explaining the discount, is that from the dealer or is it listed on their website?
I did not personally contact any dealers in California but from reading the “Recommended Dealers Thread” I saw a few people post about Coastline Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram for 5 percent off invoice with tread lightly. Hopefully there are a few more California dealers listed. I would recommend going on that thread and jumping to the last page, so it’s the most recent posts, and work your way backwards to find which dealers you want to contact. You should also be able to find contact info for the recommended salesmen as well. That is how I found the NC dealership.

The quote I posted was from my email from Travis. I would recommend sending him an email and tell him you are a member of the forum. I emailed him Sunday with all the options I wanted and he emailed me the quote Monday.
His contact is:
Travis Reynolds [email protected]

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Contact Kent S. at Peterson's Stampede in Nampa, ID. We just bought our JLUR on Saturday there.
Sponsored