Sponsored

Advice on Buying a Rubicon

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Hello! I have been stalking this forum for months and I have seen some of the best deals are ordering a Wrangler. My wedding was recently cancelled due to Covid 19 which is a bummer but on the flip side I can buy a Jeep quicker :)... so I have to look at that as a positive. My fiance and I are now in the market for a JL Rubicon in the Sting Grey. I was wondering how you guys were finding all the deals without ordering? I don't have time to order because we are now planning a cross country trip to elope and we need to buy a Jeep in the next 2-3 months. I have been looking on CarGurus and Cars.com but obviously only a few dealers actually post their inventory. I live in northern Alabama and I am more than willing to travel a long ways to get a good deal. I was hoping for some advice on how to go about looking. I am open to buying used and new if only the price is right. The only options that are requirements are the following: matching fenders, hard top, LED package, tow package, and the premium sound system. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated! I am super excited to buy my future JL!

Short version: Any advice on finding good deals around the US besides using sites like CarGurus or Cars.com. I am located in north Alabama and willing to travel for a deal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Hello! I have been stalking this forum for months and I have seen some of the best deals are ordering a Wrangler. My wedding was recently cancelled due to Covid 19 which is a bummer but on the flip side I can buy a Jeep quicker :)... so I have to look at that as a positive. My fiance and I are now in the market for a JL Rubicon in the Sting Grey. I was wondering how you guys were finding all the deals without ordering? I don't have time to order because we are now planning a cross country trip to elope and we need to buy a Jeep in the next 2-3 months. I have been looking on CarGurus and Cars.com but obviously only a few dealers actually post their inventory. I live in northern Alabama and I am more than willing to travel a long ways to get a good deal. I was hoping for some advice on how to go about looking. I am open to buying used and new if only the price is right. The only options that are requirements are the following: matching fenders, hard top, LED package, tow package, and the premium sound system. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated! I am super excited to buy my future JL!
Can't really help you, but have you tried the forums marketplace it self? Someone today for example posted there Rubicon for sale for $36k, with mods and like 5k miles? Might be able to find a gold mine there somewhere!

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Can't really help you, but have you tried the forums marketplace it self? Someone today for example posted there Rubicon for sale for $36k, with mods and like 5k miles? Might be able to find a gold mine there somewhere!
Good idea! I have been looking every few days but could definitely start looking more often.

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
My suggestion is to decide on what you really want and then pull the trigger. Whether or not you saved an extra $500 bucks wont really matter in 6 months. What will matter is that you got what you wanted. My wife and I did that when we bought our '18 Rubicon. We drove about 225 miles to get it and we have been really happy ever since.

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
My suggestion is to decide on what you really want and then pull the trigger. Whether or not you saved an extra $500 bucks wont really matter in 6 months. What will matter is that you got what you wanted. My wife and I did that when we bought our '18 Rubicon. We drove about 225 miles to get it and we have been really happy ever since.
That’s good advice. I definitely don’t want to settle that’s for sure. I’m glad you and your wife found exactly what you guys were looking for. You are right, I don’t want to regret not getting something I wanted. I plan to start calling this week to see what the dealerships are offering around here.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Cargurus and autotrader will be your best bet unfortunately. Just check daily. More and more used ones keep popping up with people selling off their toys d/t the virus right now. I’m finding 2019 models that are left over to be pretty discounted.

OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Cargurus and autotrader will be your best bet unfortunately. Just check daily. More and more used ones keep popping up with people selling off their toys d/t the virus right now. I’m finding 2019 models that are left over to be pretty discounted.
I was afraid that might be my best bet. I’ll start checking daily like you mentioned. Thanks! Good luck on your hunt as well!

Sponsored

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Now that my wife has driven my Gladiator she wants a Wrangler, so I've been searching around and came across this and showed it to my wife, she's dead set on white. I'm not sure how far you are willing to travel, but this seems like everything that you want with the exception of LED lights.

I'm not if this is a good deal or no since I didn't look into it after my wife said she wants white

https://www.jimshorkey.com/searchused.aspx?Year=2019&Make=Jeep&Model=Wrangler Unlimited

Last edited:
OP
OP
meganrken17

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Now that my wife has driven my Gladiator she wants a Wrangler, so I've been searching around and came across this and showed it to my wife, she's dead set on white. I'm not sure how far you are willing to travel, but this seems like everything that you want with the exception of LED lights.

I'm not if tis is a good deal or no since I didn't look into it after my wife said she wants white

https://www.jimshorkey.com/searchused.aspx?Year=2019&Make=Jeep&Model=Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks! I’ll check it out for sure.

dores585

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Daihatsu Charade
I was in your position in January of this year. After searching Autotrader, Car Gurus, etc for over a month for the 2020 Rubicon. My wife and I were flexible on color but wanted specific options (V6, automatic, hardtop, LED lights, cold weather package, tow package, and steel bumpers). Never could find a Rubicon with all the options we wanted.

I contacted a couple local dealerships with regard to ordering a new Jeep Rubicon. That was a slow and painful experience.

My wife and I ended up ordering a 2020 Rubicon from Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep in Gaithersburg, MD at 8% below invoice. Placed the order on 3 March and picked it up on 29 March 2020. Criswell Jeep is a high volume Jeep dealer and on this website’s recommended dealers list. To get the 8% below invoice you either have to be an FCA affiliate or join Tread Lightly ($100) plus finance the vehicle via Criswell.

To get the color and options you want, I highly recommend ordering what you want.

Good luck!

cweed917

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 GMC Duramax 2500
Just bought a 2020 JLUR for 11% off the sticker with 0% for 36 months in MA. Dealer had quite a few Rubicons.
Bit North but lots of choices up this way. Good luck and congrats!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
... I contacted a couple local dealerships with regard to ordering a new Jeep Rubicon. That was a slow and painful experience...
My wife and I ended up ordering a 2020 Rubicon from Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep in Gaithersburg, MD...
Yep, I echo your sentiments.

I will never share the details of my deal but I went thru them as well and it was one the best buying experiences that I have ever had.

Patrick’s offer was great and then I went to the finance office and Don surprised me even more.

For those who are financially able to purchase and who can purchase right now but are waiting for a better deal, I advise them to get off the fence and just get into the dealership. Or at least make contact with @kglassic.

The best deals aren’t necessarily advertised and when you’re in their store and are serious about making a commitment right then and there, you’re going to get a “pinch yourself, is this real” deal. You owe it to yourself to give them an opportunity for your business. For those who can afford to but are just waiting, the only thing they lose is the time spent waiting.

At any rate, I highly recommend Criswell to anyone ready, willing and able to purchase and who wants to purchase a Jeep hassle free and without any games.
Sponsored