Advice on Buying a 21’ JLU Rubicon

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Hey Everyone: I’m looking for some advice on buying a 21 JLU Rubicon. My build is pretty specific:

Sting Gray
3 Piece Hard Top
6 Speed Manual
Leather Seats
8.4 uconnect
Advanced and Safety Group
LED group
Steel bumper group
Cold weather group

If a dealer can find the exact match,will they be willing to discount / incentivize the purchase?

If I order this from a dealer, will they discount/ incentivize the purchase?

We can wait if it is better to build exactly what we want, I expect the MSRP on this build to be about 55k, but I am hoping not to pay that much. I honestly don’t really know what to expect, and I’m hoping some of you can shed some light on this.

I am located near Charlotte, and already spoke with a local dealer and I contacted Koons in VA.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tom
Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I can speak from experience, that if you do a custom order you can get a discount. In fact, you might get your best deal if you do a custom order since the Jeep dealer won't have it sitting around on their lot trying to sell it. I think Koons is 7-8% below invoice, and there is a nice guide in the Sticky Section that breaks down pricing.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That's a pretty common config, more so if you add the tow package, along with a color that sells well, so I'd be surprised if one of your local dealers (or Koons) would not have one once the 2021 models started shipping in volume over the next couple of months.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Your best bets in order are: 1) custom order (no dealer floor planning costs); 2) find it on the dealer's lot (if they price aggressively and they want to sell this Jeep (not a "we sell JLs at MSRP, because we can" dealer); and lastly 3) let the dealer find it and do a dealer exchange (it has to be close enough and the stocking dealer must be willing to sell it to the other dealer. Floor planning and the cost of picking it up, make this typically the most expensive option)

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Do Craig Benner at Koons. Or Leon Travis at Criswell. The bottom line the were within a hundred or so after doing all the math. Very quick to respond. Tell them you have a build ready and also mention you’re a member of this forum. Super nice guys.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Do Craig Benner at Koons. Or Leon Travis at Criswell. The bottom line the were within a hundred or so after doing all the math. Very quick to respond. Tell them you have a build ready and also mention you’re a member of this forum. Super nice guys.
In contacted Craig and I’m on
My way to owning a Jeep

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Great idea. A ton of people here don’t realize how much can be saved and how much dealer BS is eliminated.
In addition to that, even one package that you "didn't really want" can easily run you $1000.

I'm looking forward to the day when custom-ordering a vehicle is the norm.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Tri-City is a lot closer to you than Koon's and a similar deal. But Koons is a great dealer too.

You can probably find something similar on a lot but if you are really set on what you want you can get a better deal if you order.

Welcome to the Sting-Gray club!

You should get some gear:

Sting-Gray Stuff

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
That is what I bought, with the tow/aux-no steel bumper as I went aftermarket. In a 2020, I lucky found one on a lot about 2 hrs away and got a nice discount.