Advice on buying 2019 sport 2-door in Florida

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a fairly base sport, 2-door, automatic, soft top in Florida (Tampa Bay area) for my first Jeep.

I visited a dealership recently that tried to sell me the wrangler I wanted but with a bunch of add-ons I didn't want. In addition to this they offered me 5k for a 2013 Golf TDI 4-door with 48k miles, that I know is easily worth over 6k. Granted it needs new tires. The price they came down to was $25,700 after trade in...

My buddy @multicam suggested I configure what I want and reach out to dealerships in Florida, ask for a POC and use that to shop around with which I plan on doing.

Does anyone have suggestions or possibly dealerships they recommend in my area?

Thanks
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a fairly base sport, 2-door, automatic, soft top in Florida (Tampa Bay area) for my first Jeep.

I visited a dealership recently that tried to sell me the wrangler I wanted but with a bunch of add-ons I didn't want. In addition to this they offered me 5k for a 2013 Golf TDI 4-door with 48k miles, that I know is easily worth over 6k. Granted it needs new tires. The price they came down to was $25,700 after trade in...

My buddy @multicam suggested I configure what I want and reach out to dealerships in Florida, ask for a POC and use that to shop around with which I plan on doing.

Does anyone have suggestions or possibly dealerships they recommend in my area?

Thanks
In Florida good luck, the dealers that will offer a discount will be the same ones with 800-1000 doc fees

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
In Florida good luck, the dealers that will offer a discount will be the same ones with 800-1000 doc fees
Yeah I was worried about this - Florida dealers can be rough because the weather is so nice there and everyone wants a Jeep to take to the beach.

This is where I was hoping the forum had advice about ordering out of state and how that works. I think thereā€™s some GA (Atlanta-area) dealers who are high volume but Iā€™m not sure. Anyone have any good ideas?

Oh and welcome to the forum asshole! @terrancewifflespoon

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Try Lakeland Jeep. 7% below and $895 doc fee. Who cares about $900 in the whole scheme of things. Or take 3 days off and drive/fly to MD. Do you think you can do that for $900??

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Try Lakeland Jeep. 7% below and $895 doc fee. Who cares about $900 in the whole scheme of things. Or take 3 days off and drive/fly to MD. Do you think you can do that for $900??
If these guys will legit go 7% under invoice and a $900 doc fee, that's an amazing deal for FL.

Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I am in south Florida and ordered from Criswell in Maryland. I tried getting a local dealer to match some of the other deals out there, but they would have no part of it.

This will give me the chance to visit family and friends in the area and I will have some quality time with the jeep for the drive back to Florida after delivery.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I did pretty well at Fitzgerald. Call Jim Gass - he is the internet sales guy and he is also a Jeep guy (drives a JK Willy's as his personal vehicle). I was very happy with the out the door price, as well as the treatment I got there with no BS (I didn't bug them about my order though). If he wonders who sent you, tell him I'd like to know if he ever got his license plate back (I picked up my Jeep on Good Friday when a storm was blowing through and his dealer tag blew off on our test drive on US19)!

Phillip5050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did pretty well at Fitzgerald. Call Jim Gass - he is the internet sales guy and he is also a Jeep guy (drives a JK Willy's as his personal vehicle). I was very happy with the out the door price, as well as the treatment I got there with no BS (I didn't bug them about my order though). If he wonders who sent you, tell him I'd like to know if he ever got his license plate back (I picked up my Jeep on Good Friday when a storm was blowing through and his dealer tag blew off on our test drive on US19)!
How much below invoice did you get at Fitz?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm not really sure - they gave me good money on my trade, and I looked at the total out the door price including fees and was happy. Plus, I live close enough to them that I could literally ride a bicycle there. So, if you're looking to buy local give them a shot - I'm the type that will spend a little more for convenience ;)

OP
OP
terrancewifflespoon
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
I'm not really sure - they gave me good money on my trade, and I looked at the total out the door price including fees and was happy. Plus, I live close enough to them that I could literally ride a bicycle there. So, if you're looking to buy local give them a shot - I'm the type that will spend a little more for convenience ;)
Thanks man. I've reached out to them.

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I bought mine from Dayton Andrews in St Pete.

I configured my build online and shopped it around to a bunch of local dealers in Tampa Bay to get the best price. Got mine for just about 7% under invoice, unsure about doc fees (Purchased my JLU over a year ago but I can check my paperwork later)

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I bought mine from Dayton Andrews in St Pete.

I configured my build online and shopped it around to a bunch of local dealers in Tampa Bay to get the best price. Got mine for just about 7% under invoice, unsure about doc fees (Purchased my JLU over a year ago but I can check my paperwork later)
In Florida we get screwed without a state cap on doc fees. Dealers are typically 699-999 here so if you get 7% under itā€™s really about 5% with fees included

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
I got mine at 7% below invoice but yea they get that back in fees. Got a screaming deal on my trade and I didnā€™t have to pay sales tax because of it so I didnā€™t bitch about the fees

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
@everyone in this thread:

Thomas ended up getting a 2-door Sport S with the 3.6L, auto, LSD, Alpine stereo, premium soft top, and 7" stereo for a really good deal! Best part was they gave him good money for his trade in, which was a toxic VW diesel so he did real well there. Thanks to everyone for the advice who posted here. One more jeeper in the group!