Sponsored

Advice: off-oading 3.5" lift with stock driveshaft?

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Currently running a spacer lift and KM3 37. My Metal Cloack 3.5 inch game changer lift is showing up tomorrow. I opted to not get the driveshaft but did get the rocksport shocks. I looking for those who have had experience off-roading this lift or similar on the stock drive shaft. I’ve had multiple people with similar setups who have wheeled hard without issue on the stock driveshaft. Just looking for some more feedback from others. Plan right now is to change it out eventually unless I hear this is a terrible idea. Thanks.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Currently running a spacer lift and KM3 37. My Metal Cloack 3.5 inch game changer lift is showing up tomorrow. I opted to not get the driveshaft but did get the rocksport shocks. I looking for those who have had experience off-roading this lift or similar on the stock drive shaft. I’ve had multiple people with similar setups who have wheeled hard without issue on the stock driveshaft. Just looking for some more feedback from others. Plan right now is to change it out eventually unless I hear this is a terrible idea. Thanks.
These Gamechangers are very flexible. The stock front driveshaft will be fine for now, but it'll hit the frames crossmember before you run out of suspension travel. I opted for their 1310 front driveshaft when I got my 3.5" GC. I'm planning to get a rear 1350 from Adam's and when the front wears ill get a matching 1350.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll be ok for a while, but I’d have driveshaft on the short list of next up mods.

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
If you’re just mall crawling and cruising forest roads you’ll be fine. If you’re gonna go out and let her stretch her legs, I’d upgrade the shaft. I have the RK 3.5” w/37’s and with my stock shaft, it was almost touching the lip of the Rzeppa joint. I’m sure it would’ve take a beating and just bent the lip up, but I didn’t want the seal failing and throwing grease everywhere. Was also too close for comfort on the exhaust pipe…

Buuuuut, I may have been worrying to much and over thinking about it. :)
Sponsored