Advice for Lift & Tires 2018 JLU Sport

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Thank you for the information!...I would like to keep the current spare tire carrier if it would hold the new tire without any issues.
You’re very welcome! Welcome to the forums! I am excited to see your rig after the transformation.

With your 35’s, it shouldn’t be a problem. You’ll notice that you’ll barely clear the third brake light. The other extra parts are just that, extra. But they do help to bring the lifted Jeep closer to the stock ride in both comfort and feel.

Re your personal life, think of your Jeep as your third child.

In the pictures below, observe 35” tires, 2” mopar lift with the CHMSL relocation bracket, the reinforced tailgate with mopar steel bumpers. This isn’t mine but is almost identical.

5DDBC540-5394-4D32-9FFF-2D781EA00563.jpeg

AA7FE18B-2D88-4AD1-AB68-351179D53940.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
You’re very welcome! Welcome to the forums! I am excited to see your rig after the transformation.

With your 35’s, it shouldn’t be a problem. You’ll notice that you’ll barely clear the third brake light. The other extra parts are just that, extra. But they do help to bring the lifted Jeep closer to the stock ride in both comfort and feel.

Re your personal life, think of your Jeep as your third child.

In the pictures below, observe 35” tires, 2” mopar lift with the CHMSL relocation bracket, the reinforced tailgate with mopar steel bumpers. This isn’t mine but is almost identical.

5DDBC540-5394-4D32-9FFF-2D781EA00563.jpeg

AA7FE18B-2D88-4AD1-AB68-351179D53940.jpeg
Thanks for the pictures! Definitely helps! My Jeep is my third kid and I've already threatened the service guy at the dealership when I had to take it in to have a recall serviced. Even my kids have to watch what they do around my Jeep, lol!

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I actually drove out to Clarkston to get my Jeep from Al Deeby. The chick at Friendly wasn't the greatest sales person, and the guy my family deals with at Sterling Heights Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep didn't exactly do a good job to win my business. I've avoided both dealerships since my experience with them wasn't the greatest.
I won’t ever step into Sterling Dodge again never had a good experience there. Had one bad experience at Friendly but I might give them one more chance. I take my Jeep to Troy to get things done so far all good things there. I ordered my Jeep from Criswell Jeep in Maryland and flew out there and drove it back was a great experience and would do it again.

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I won’t ever step into Sterling Dodge again never had a good experience there. Had one bad experience at Friendly but I might give them one more chance. I take my Jeep to Troy to get things done so far all good things there. I ordered my Jeep from Criswell Jeep in Maryland and flew out there and drove it back was a great experience and would do it again.

I though I traveled far for my Jeep! I’ll have to look into the Troy location for the next time I have to take her into the dealership. My heated steering quit working and there’s another recall I have to get taken care of.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I though I traveled far for my Jeep! I’ll have to look into the Troy location for the next time I have to take her into the dealership. My heated steering quit working and there’s another recall I have to get taken care of.
I believe the recall is for soft tops only rear windows blowing out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I believe the recall is for soft tops only rear windows blowing out.
Yes it is, and I'm glad they figured it out because I almost lost one of mine last year. I thought I did something wrong when I installed it but I'm relieved to know it wasn't me.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Yes it is, and I'm glad they figured it out because I almost lost one of mine last year. I thought I did something wrong when I installed it but I'm relieved to know it wasn't me.
When you get your lift make sure it’s the newest version. Part number ends in AD.

Sponsored

QRAWLER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Mopar lift on my 18’ JLU sport and I liked it! (But) Here’s my OPINION, and, what I learned.
1. You will gain about 3” if lift and because of this you will need adjustable track bars if you want your axles to be centered.
2. You “should” add the Rock Krawler correctional spring pads to address possible spring bowing (mainly in the front) and the stock Mopar pads are garbage anyway.
3. You will need spacers if running stock wheels.

Be aware that with any budget lift you will be opening a can of worms. We would think that Mopar/Jeep would just get it all right with their kit but no.The journey will begin (or continue) depending on how your Jeep drove stock. The drifting and play in the steering and bumpsteer will most likely get worse which will lead to adding more and more upgrades to make it right.

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I had the Mopar lift on my 18’ JLU sport and I liked it! (But) Here’s my OPINION, and, what I learned.
1. You will gain about 3” if lift and because of this you will need adjustable track bars if you want your axles to be centered.
2. You “should” add the Rock Krawler correctional spring pads to address possible spring bowing (mainly in the front) and the stock Mopar pads are garbage anyway.
3. You will need spacers if running stock wheels.

Be aware that with any budget lift you will be opening a can of worms. We would think that Mopar/Jeep would just get it all right with their kit but no.The journey will begin (or continue) depending on how your Jeep drove stock. The drifting and play in the steering and bumpsteer will most likely get worse which will lead to adding more and more upgrades to make it right.
That's good to know, thank you! I definitely don't want any problems later on, and I drive quite a bit, so I want to do this right the first time and avoid any issues later.