MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hello!

I've had my 2018 JLU Sport for about a year and a half now and I'm finally getting around to the modifications I've been saving up for. I have 35" General Grabber ATX tires waiting to be mounted on my OEM 17" wheels (as soon as the quarantine is over). In the meantime I am going to order the 2" Lift Kit from Mopar. What I am not sure about is whether or not I will need to replace the stock spare tire carrier, or if I need to replace the tailgate reinforcement, or anything else, to make sure I don't run into any problems once the new tires are on.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thank you!
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i have same jeep and parts. i am running the rough country spare tire relocation bracket. it raises the spare up to clear the rear bumper and also beefs up the tailgate some. 35" seems to be ok for the stock tailgate. if youre running a heavy tire/wheel combo you can get a tailgate reinforcement bracket that is pretty much the same as the mopar, on amazon for about $200

https://smile.amazon.com/Lantsun-Ta...refix=wrangler+jl+spare+tire+,aps,221&sr=8-43

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-country/spare-tire-relocation-bracket-wrangler-jl

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Im running the mopar lift as well with 35s. I did the mopar reinforcement for the tailgate as well. No issues so far with the tailgate.

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
i have same jeep and parts. i am running the rough country spare tire relocation bracket. it raises the spare up to clear the rear bumper and also beefs up the tailgate some. 35" seems to be ok for the stock tailgate. if youre running a heavy tire/wheel combo you can get a tailgate reinforcement bracket that is pretty much the same as the mopar, on amazon for about $200

https://smile.amazon.com/Lantsun-Tailgate-Reinforcement-Oversized-2018-2019/dp/B07TVC5HZ3/ref=sr_1_43?crid=1TH0B42IAP2B0&dchild=1&keywords=wrangler+jk+spare+tire+bracket&qid=1587763412&sprefix=wrangler+jl+spare+tire+,aps,221&sr=8-43

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-country/spare-tire-relocation-bracket-wrangler-jl
Perfect! Thank you for the feedback! :)

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
if you get a lift kit that doesn't say excluding Rubicon remember to add in 1-1.5 inches to the final height. since it will be a net gain for a Rubicon and they have 1.5 inch lift from factory over the Sports.

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
if you get a lift kit that doesn't say excluding Rubicon remember to add in 1-1.5 inches to the final height. since it will be a net gain for a Rubicon and they have 1.5 inch lift from factory over the Sports.
Sounds good! I appreciate the heads up on that!

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Sounds good! I appreciate the heads up on that!
Im running the mopar lift as well with 35s. I did the mopar reinforcement for the tailgate as well. No issues so far with the tailgate.
Any problem with the Mopar lift? I’ve been going back and forth between Mopar and Dynatrac Enduro Sport lift.

Sponsored

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any problem with the Mopar lift? I’ve been going back and forth between Mopar and Dynatrac Enduro Sport lift.
No problem at all! It will be 2 years this summer that I've been running it. Been very happy with it on road and off road

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I see you’re in GR, that’s awesome! I went to Grand Valley and have great memories of my time there and in GR.
GR rocks!!! So much to do and close enough silver lake for day trips there.

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I don’t have my lift yet. I’m planning on ordering it soon. I’ve heard a lot of positive feedback about the Mopar lift.