Sponsored

Advice.. AEV lift +

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
thoughts on the AEV dual sport vs MC 2.5 Gamechanger.. it will be paired with the Mopar Beadlocks and 37x12.5 STT Pro’s. This is a second vehicle that I also tow a small travel trailer (3,200 lbs) and a utility trailer with a small tractor (3500). It tows both fine now I just don’t want to lose my ability to tow. Just out having fun I am thinking MC all the way, however for all around I am leaning AEV. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I vote for metalcloak, not just because I'm in the process of switching to there 3.5" lift, but because of the great reputation they've earned with their top shelf kits.

OP
OP
O’BanionJLUR
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I vote for metalcloak, not just because I'm in the process of switching to there 3.5" lift, but because of the great reputation they've earned with their top shelf kits.
Thanks for the advice! I ended up taking advantage of the 4th of July sale and picked up the 2.5 gamechanger kit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice! I ended up taking advantage of the 4th of July sale and picked up the 2.5 gamechanger kit.
The various shipping times listed on there site are pretty accurate. I already have track bars and all 8 control arms, so I've been ordering individual parts of the rest of their 3.5" Gamechanger.

Be sure to take and post some before and after pics.

Congrats on the pending lift and welcome to the JL community!

OP
OP
O’BanionJLUR
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The various shipping times listed on there site are pretty accurate. I already have track bars and all 8 control arms, so I've been ordering individual parts of the rest of their 3.5" Gamechanger.

Be sure to take and post some before and after pics.

Congrats on the pending lift and welcome to the JL community!
Thank you and I will definitely post some pics!

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Do you all recommend any other additional pieces when going to the MC Gamechanger 2.5? I know I need a driveshaft but is it okay to keep the stock steering components when going to 35s or 37s? I'm about to order this lift myself and while I don't want to go overboard I also don't want to miss anything.

OP
OP
O’BanionJLUR
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Do you all recommend any other additional pieces when going to the MC Gamechanger 2.5? I know I need a driveshaft but is it okay to keep the stock steering components when going to 35s or 37s? I'm about to order this lift myself and while I don't want to go overboard I also don't want to miss anything.
My lift is actually being installed over today and tomorrow. If I were you I would just do the driveshaft at the same time. I was able to seek my Mopar takeoffs and suspension for $500 which covered the cost of the shaft. Some wait till it’s a problem before addressing. I just wanted piece of mind knowing it was done right and I didn’t need to worry about it. Others would likely know better than me but my vote would be to do it all the first time.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I've got the AEV. Remember you'll need to add a Trackbar for the front.

Super happy with the ride and feel, with 2 heavy @lodoffroad bumpers.

AEV is more of an overland suspension than a rockcrawler suspension tho. It will get it done on the rocks, but that's not the primary purpose.

Sponsored

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Can't decide between the AEV vs the ARB. Both seem like overland lifts. ARB comes with LCAs & front and rear track bars for only $600 more.

What would y'all go with?

OP
OP
O’BanionJLUR
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This is the Metalcloak 2.5 with 37x12.5 Cooper STT pros. Rides amazing so far. Headed out on a long trip so I’ll have a better idea in a few weeks
Sponsored