Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 JL Wrangler
Is there a way this system works with Rugged Ridge Cowl mounted snorkel system?
I am sorry, but since RR uses the same cowl placement, they will not work together.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adventure Rack Systems

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 years ago, I ended-up building my own rack for my TJ because nobody built a rack that:

1. would allow the soft top to be retracted without unbolting sections

2. Would allow the windshield to be folded

Are you considering these features for JL? Basically, if the side rails are spaced farther apart, the top will retract between them without any need for disassembly. By using the lower windshield hinge mounts instead of the upper hinge mounts, the windshield can be folded.

Fairly simple design changes but more costly, for sure.
Sorry for missing this question. We tend to focus a bit more on the strength of the rack with a sprinkle of decent functionality. What we've found is that many of the other rack systems out there that offer that extra functionality are lacking strength when put to the test in true hardcore off-road environments. So, we developed ours to withstand that punishment for those that need the strength first and foremost. We want customers to trust that there expensive RTT and cargo uptop is not going to move, shake and rattle to a point that it causes damage to their rig or the cargo itself. So, we've tested our products out on the Rubicon trail (1.5 hours from our office) and you can rest assured that whatever cargo you strap above you will survive the trip and not cause damage to your Jeep... and in some cases, might even protect it. Over time, we will add more functionality to the systems if it makes sense. I hope that helps answer your questions and thanks for checking.

MNGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392 XR - 2022 Power Wagon
Following so I can find this later....

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
I installed the tubeless katwalk today. Fairly straightforward and very beefy. This thing is rock solid. Also, phenomenal customer service by ARS/Metal Closk with keeping me up to date on my order. One item I want to mention. The only instructions I found were for the tube version. It states you drill out holes stepping up to eventually 3/16 bit. The hardware that comes with the tubeless katwalk is thicker and requires atleast a step up to 5/16th if you hit your mark perfect. If youā€™re like me, 3/8th will be your final stopping point šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Again, I never found the tubeless instructions so maybe it mentions this in there but wanted to point this out to others that get the tubeless variety but use the tube instructions.

OP
OP
Adventure Rack Systems

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the tubeless katwalk today. Fairly straightforward and very beefy. This thing is rock solid. Also, phenomenal customer service by ARS/Metal Closk with keeping me up to date on my order. One item I want to mention. The only instructions I found were for the tube version. It states you drill out holes stepping up to eventually 3/16 bit. The hardware that comes with the tubeless katwalk is thicker and requires atleast a step up to 5/16th if you hit your mark perfect. If youā€™re like me, 3/8th will be your final stopping point šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Again, I never found the tubeless instructions so maybe it mentions this in there but wanted to point this out to others that get the tubeless variety but use the tube instructions.
Thanks for posting this. We pulled up the instructions this morning to see what was going on and realized there was a typo on the drill bit/hole size for both Katwalks. 3/8" is what should be listed and we are updating them now. Had you not reached out, we wouldn't have caught that. Much appreciate! -the ARS Team

Sponsored

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L, 2021 JL 392
Have you guys made any progress on accommodating the 392 or Mojave for the front cowl hoops?

OP
OP
Adventure Rack Systems

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean this? šŸ˜Š. Yes, we are just about done with it. We should have our 2nd prototype getting test fit anytime. We do have one running around right now and working awesome. Just a few minor tweaks to make.
Jeep Wrangler JL Adventure Rack Systems (ARS) by MetalCloak 81B1C5F5-E458-4352-8998-E9D063B0021F

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L, 2021 JL 392
You mean this? šŸ˜Š. Yes, we are just about done with it. We should have our 2nd prototype getting test fit anytime. We do have one running around right now and working awesome. Just a few minor tweaks to make.
Jeep Wrangler JL Adventure Rack Systems (ARS) by MetalCloak 81B1C5F5-E458-4352-8998-E9D063B0021F
Awesome! Please let us know when you go live with it.

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK ā€” Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Adventure Rack Systems what is the exact height added by the JL 4 Dr hardtop rack system?

https://adventureracksystems.com/jl-wrangler-4-door-pro-rack-system.html

I just see ā€œlow profileā€, but Iā€™m looking at a tight squeeze on a standard 83.5ā€ garage door; so Iā€™m needing to check how much height it adds at the tallest point of the vehicle. Thanks!
Not exactly what you're looking for, but mine for the SOT is 7" at the front and 7.5" at the rear. Add another .25" for wherever you put the clamps. Note that it's closer than that towards the center since the Jeep's top rises there. You should be able to use these numbers as a worst case scenario.

OP
OP
Adventure Rack Systems

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Adventure Rack Systems what is the exact height added by the JL 4 Dr hardtop rack system?

https://adventureracksystems.com/jl-wrangler-4-door-pro-rack-system.html

I just see ā€œlow profileā€, but Iā€™m looking at a tight squeeze on a standard 83.5ā€ garage door; so Iā€™m needing to check how much height it adds at the tallest point of the vehicle. Thanks!
The height will vary slightly depending on which bumper you have , but like mentioned below, figure about 7" max above the hardtop.

Last edited:

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK ā€” Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
Thanks! Cutting it close. JLURD on 315s, no lift. Delighted (and surprised) there is no rub at full lock, but havenā€™t tested that off road yet and thinking at least a leveling lift is in the future; especially after adding weight.

Speaking ofā€¦ anyone know the total weight of the base system (front and rear hoops, trusses)?

OP
OP
Adventure Rack Systems

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Cutting it close. JLURD on 315s, no lift. Delighted (and surprised) there is no rub at full lock, but havenā€™t tested that off road yet and thinking at least a leveling lift is in the future; especially after adding weight.

Speaking ofā€¦ anyone know the total weight of the base system (front and rear hoops, trusses)?
The 4-door rack system weight just around 150 lbs give or take depending on what brackets your are using.