Sponsored

Advanced safety package without safety package

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
All,

Does anyone know if the advanced safety package can be ordered without safety package. Contacted the dealer and he has not only you need safety package to get advanced safety package but also technology package as well. The experiences I have had in the past, I am a non-believer in dealer claims now.

Also in the build sheet it doesn’t have any M/H ( must have) requirements listed for WILLYS. However, for 4xe it requires safety package. Any tips or tricks so I can only get advanced package and not safety.

3D595C72-6931-4E2C-B7B6-80F069DED757.jpeg

12523B23-2C51-492C-A590-447B0B89CB29.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Bump

Deleted member 59498

It seems that the advanced needs add-ons from the safety package to work. Most likely the sensors that comes on the standard safety package.

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
It seems that the advanced needs add-ons from the safety package to work. Most likely the sensors that comes on the standard safety package.
It may be the case... build sheet shows it different as mentioned earlier. May be FCA folks messed it up again

Deleted member 59498

That would not be surprising. I am supposed to talk to my dealer today on ordering and I will ask if you don't find a solid answer.

Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
It seems like it's always been required but the 2022 order guide is ambiguous.

I just placed an order with the dealer and only asked for ALP but my build sheet has AJ1 also. I didn't specifically ask but assumed it's necessary.

It is a $900 option so it might be worth pressing the issue if you really don't want blind spot and rear cross traffic.

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
It seems like it's always been required but the 2022 order guide is ambiguous.

I just placed an order with the dealer and only asked for ALP but my build sheet has AJ1 also. I didn't specifically ask but assumed it's necessary.

It is a $900 option so it might be worth pressing the issue if you really don't want blind spot and rear cross traffic.
Yeah that’s the thing. I only want ALP coz of the adaptive cruise control. The other stuff I don’t want. So, I am hoping they don’t force AJ1 especially now that it’s not M/H in the order guide.

Jgro151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
It was a requirement for the ‘21 MY for sure. I would be surprised if for 22 you could order thr advances without the safety as a requirement.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Jeep has a pricing scheme to get the maximum amount of your hard earned money. If you want automated cruise control, then you need to spend almost $2,000 to get it. I wanted it, but didn’t want to let go of that much money for it. My son said he couldn’t live without it, so he did pony up for it.
Toyota and Honda though, standard across the board

Sponsored

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Confirmed with a dealer that it is required. He gave me some BS about how the order guide doesn’t apply to sold orders
 blah blah

My itch for adaptive cruise control has since subsided when I was told by the dealer that I have to get the safety package to be able to order advanced safety package. I am not willing to shell out another 2k.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
If it makes you feel any better, the advanced safety is the one option I could skip. I like the regular safety blind spot detection much better. The adaptive cruise works, but it seems like that when it is busy, other cars cut in front of me and the system reacts and brakes. When it isn't busy it basically just act like regular cruise control. It might be just my area's traffic.

I don't really like auto high beams.
Sponsored