Advanced Safety Group not avail on Sport

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
Definitely. Best to leave that technology to companies with proven, rock-solid, unquestionable reliability like Honda and Toyota.

D92E1468-9397-4A2F-8156-7438AA8ACD9E.png
Exactly, if the most reliable cars in the world are having teething issues with new tech like ACC then no way I would trust an FCA product full of Chinese components and after reading this forum with all the problems JL has
Sponsored

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How is the adaptive cruise control, does it work well? I heard there is a camera mounted in the windshield. Also does the Advanced Safety have the automatic braking?
I obviously canā€™t speak for how well it works on JLā€™s, but I can in a few other cars Iā€™ve driven with it and itā€™s awesome. It uses radar, with the camera mounted either on the windshield or grille and keeps pace with the vehicle ahead of you. Itā€™s invaluable in heavy traffic.

Yes, Advanced Safety has automatic braking (Advanced Brake Assist).

There are costs associated with every combination of vehicle they have to build.
Thank you. This makes sense and is the answer I was looking for when I started this thread.

Call it what you want, but ACC is not much of a safety feature when compared to blind spot sensing and lane control. It's absolutely something people can live without and be perfectly safe. It's a luxury option and luxury options don't find their way to base models. Manufacturers can't and won't cater to every edge case until you get to high end cars like Porsche, Lambo, Rolls, Bentley, etc...then you can order exactly what you want and nothing more. But you're going to pay for that privilege
Right, but the forward collision prevention is a safety feature. See my next response below for more.

Do you have any idea how much you are paying for safety already? Air bags, crash protection, anti lock brakes, etc.? It's doubling the cost of your Jeep already. You aren't entitled to anything.
29% of all crashes are rear-end crashes, the majority of which could be prevented by a forward-collision system, such as that available in the advanced safety group. But Iā€™m already paying for seatbelts, so why would I want that?

ā€œDoubling the cost of your Jeepā€ :movember:

No shit I'm not entitled to it. I'm willing to pay for the option.

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
And I get that these arenā€™t features people are typically looking for in a Wrangler and are insulting to many. I understand Jeeps and their market. If you canā€™t see my profile picture, itā€™s of my ā€˜04 LJ which is the most advanced Jeep Iā€™ve owned as far as safety and technology, but doesnā€™t even have ABS. Iā€™ve owned Jeeps before. I do understand the ā€œJeep Thingā€. However, this is going to be my daily driver, I have a family and I want it to be as safe and comfortable to drive as it can be.

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Exactly, if the most reliable cars in the world are having teething issues with new tech like ACC then no way I would trust an FCA product full of Chinese components and after reading this forum with all the problems JL has
Two questions, one is real and one is a joke: 1) have you canceled your JL order yet? 2) when are you planning on canceling your JL order?

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Two questions, one is real and one is a joke: 1) have you canceled your JL order yet? 2) when are you planning on canceling your JL order?
Yoooooooooooooo
Is there a way to set up an auto-response for a user? Because there are multiple users just in this thread that I'd like to apply it to.

Sponsored

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
Nope. Keeping the order. Super excited to get my first Wrangler. Switched to a lease though as I have no confidence post warranty period

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Nope. Keeping the order. Super excited to get my first Wrangler. Switched to a lease though as I have no confidence post warranty period
Yeah, I remember reading about you leasing it. I sincerely hope that you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine and l look forward to your posts after thereā€™s a couple thousand miles under your belt. No snark.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
I don't understand why people act surprised that vehicle manufacturers exist to make money. Of course they are going to upsell you. The take rate of a luxury feature like ACC on a base sport model is going to be extremely low, so why bother? There are costs associated with every combination of vehicle they have to build. Reduce the number of combinations and package options in trim levels where people are more likely to spend the money on something that would otherwise be considered a "luxury".
(snip)
I'm all for companies making money. What I cannot stand is a company being dishonest and talking out of BOTH sides of their mouth.

FCA -- Don't claim to be soooooo concerned about safety, and then actively PREVENT people from buying your touted safety features unless they buy your most-expensive models.

The motto should be "We care about driver safety, as long as you buy our most-expensive models".

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The simple answer (thatā€™s not likely the one you want to hear) is this: if itā€™s important to you, then buy the model where itā€™s available. Thereā€™s things on the Rubicon that I donā€™t care about and wouldnā€™t opt to pay for if all options were available a la carte. But theyā€™re not. Not on Jeeps nor almost anywhere else (Porsche comes to mind as a notable exception). So I got the Rubicon to get the things that I wanted even though that required me to pay for some things I didnā€™t care about. Itā€™s a package deal. Buy a Rubicon. Problem solved. Or fight the good fight to completely change the way automakers build and market the features on the vehicles they build and sell to us. Weā€™re all behind you. I think everyone would love to get the EXACT configuration of options we want. A nd Iā€™m sure that a very small percentage of us can actually afford to and are willing to pay what that would cost.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Pretty soon you will be as it will eventually be mandated.
Excellent point. Back up cameras for example. Used to be an expense option but now mandated. Significantly increasing the cost of base model cars. For those whoā€™ve got plenty of money itā€™s great. No big deal. For those barely able to purchase a new car that extra cost thatā€™s now in the base price might put it out of reach.
Sponsored