Sponsored

Advanced Safety Group and Infotainment Group

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I now know that you need the infotainment group to order a JL with the advanced safety group. However, someone mentioned something about a wiring harness causing delays.
Has anyone experienced a delay in receiving their order with advanced safety group or is the possibility of delay only if you ordered advanced safety without infotainment?
Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I now know that you need the infotainment group to order a JL with the advanced safety group. However, someone mentioned something about a wiring harness causing delays.
Has anyone experienced a delay in receiving their order with advanced safety group or is the possibility of delay only if you ordered advanced safety without infotainment?
I have both and was stuck in I status for 6 weeks. I, too, heard that one of the problems with my order was the wiring harness. I was also told that a few issues had been identified with my order. As of now, my order is in transit.

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have both and was stuck in I status for 6 weeks. I, too, heard that one of the problems with my order was the wiring harness. I was also told that a few issues had been identified with my order. As of now, my order is in transit.
Thanks for the reply.
When did you place your order?

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply.
When did you place your order?
Order 9/22. D1 status on 9/29 and built then to I on 11/9. My order went to KZ just before Christmas.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Order 9/22. D1 status on 9/29 and built then to I on 11/9. My order went to KZ just before Christmas.
I doubt your delay is same reason as OP. I have both, ordered 10/22 delivered 11/29.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I doubt your delay is same reason as OP. I have both, ordered 10/22 delivered 11/29.
Wow! That can’t be typical.
To be clear, I haven’t placed an order. I will be.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Some of us got stuck in the I hell for a long time while others bypassed it. Hopefully there isn't a backlog of Jeeps in I at this point.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Hard to say if it's actually "typical". As is the nature with most forums, a lot of people tend to only post problems. I (for one anyway) feel bad about posting about my good experiences with my JL, feeling like I'd be rubbing it in everyone else's faces.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hard to say if it's actually "typical". As is the nature with most forums, a lot of people tend to only post problems. I (for one anyway) feel bad about posting about my good experiences with my JL, feeling like I'd be rubbing it in everyone else's faces.
Nah, you're just being honest.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's all relative. While my 6 weeks in I may be worse than a lot of people, it is also better than some of those that ordered 2018. As frustrating as it is to hear about quick turnarounds for orders, I still enjoy hearing about them. My personal feeling is nobody should feel bad posting about getting their Jeep.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I ordered Infotainment and Safety+Advance Safety Groups on Oct 16. Dealer got my Jeep Nov 30. I thought people were speculating the delay was if you DID NOT order Infotainment with the Advance Safety.

I don't have experience with the cheaper radios, but I do think the upgraded 8.4" radio+Alpine speakers are pretty nice. My only complaint is that in the 2 door, you lose the small cargo tub with the upgraded sub. The 4 door the sub is mounted to the side of the trunk area, so it isn't an issue.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I ordered 9/27. I was told 11/22 my Jeep was in inspection. It never got out until 12/30. I got it yesterday. Unfortunately they never told me what the problem was. These were my options

WRANGLER Unlimited Rubicon
Sting Gray W/ BLACK
2.0L I4 DOHC DI TURBO ETORQUE ENGINE (EC3)
8-Spd Auto 850RE TRANS (MAKE)(DFT)
SAFETY GROUP w/AD6
BODY COLOR FENDER FLARES
ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP
LED LIGHTING GROUP
SKY ONE-TOUCH POWER TOP
STEEL BUMPER GROUP
TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP
COLD WEATHER GROUP
BLACK LEATHER BUCKET SEATS
MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
MOPAR CARGO TUB LINER
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
LT285/70R17C OFF ROAD TIRES BF GOODRICH TXA

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully those problems were straightened out because I ordered with those options on 6/8/19 and got it 7/3/19.
Sponsored