Sponsored

Adjusting temp for heated seats to turn on automatically?

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
Ya, I should probably unwrap the manual but it's worth an ask here.

When we had our previous JL, I was a bit miffed that we didn't have the option to adjust the temperature that the heated seats and wheel come on automatically, as we had the stick shift.
I'm pretty sure there was the option on automatics with remote start to adjust from the default 4degC. I'd love to drop it a degree or 2.

Now we have our new Willys with auto, remote start and 8C Uconnect, I can't find a setting to adjust this. Am I missing something or was this removed?
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
strangely, the 2021 manual says less about it than the 2020 manual.

from the 2020 manual,
Page 17:

REMOTE STARTING SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED
This system uses the key fob to start the engine conveniently from outside the vehicle while still maintaining security. The system has a range of 328 ft (100 m).The Remote Starting System also activates the Climate Control, vented seats (if equipped) in temperatures above 80°F (26.7°C), and the heated seats (if equipped), and heated steering wheel (if equipped) in temperatures below 40°F (4.4°C). Refer to “Seats” in this chapter for further information.

Page 19:

Remote Start Comfort Systems — If Equipped
When Remote Start is activated, the Climate Controls may activate the heated seats (if equipped) and heated steering wheel (if equipped) in temperatures below 40°F (4.4°C). These features will stay on through the duration of Remote Start or until the ignition switch is placed in the ON/RUN position.

Page 409:

Seats & Comfort — If Equipped

After pressing the Seats & Comfort button on the touchscreen, the following settings will be available:

Setting Name
Auto-On Driver Heat Seat & Steering Wheel — If Equipped

Selectable Options:
Off / Remote Start / All Starts

NOTE:
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when temperatures are below 40°F (4.4°C). When temperatures are above 80°F (26.7°C) the driver vented seat will turn on.

there is nothing about adjustable temps.