sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
A7E8FF54-1024-4F1F-9F8F-75291D322A1D.jpeg
I couldn’t find the info anywhere online so I figured I would help fellow NooB owners out like me.

If your steering wheel is off center, loosen this nut with a 15 mm wrench, then adjust the knurled adjuster either direction. You can have somebody sit at the wheel and watch it, or continuously get up to check. Take a ride and see if you like the new steering wheel adjustment.

The torque value for the adjustment nut is 34 ft-lbs.

https://[Banned Site]/showthread.ph...ER-Reference-Guide&p=12885&posted=1#post12885
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A7E8FF54-1024-4F1F-9F8F-75291D322A1D.jpeg
I couldn’t find the info anywhere online so I figured I would help fellow NooB owners out like me.

If your steering wheel is off center, loosen this nut with a 15 mm wrench, then adjust the knurled adjuster either direction. You can have somebody sit at the wheel and watch it, or continuously get up to check. Take a ride and see if you like the new steering wheel adjustment.

https://[Banned Site]/showthread.ph...ER-Reference-Guide&p=12885&posted=1#post12885
When I adjust the steering wheel to center it, it looks great in the garage. But then it is off again while test driving. I've tried 6 times and can't get it exactly right. Is there any trick to make sure the tires are perfectly straight besides eyeballing it when it is parked before making the adjustment? Like somehow using a level on one of the front tires? The fenders are curved so makes it difficult to know if the front wheels are straight before adjusting the knurled adjuster.

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Jeep Wrangler JL Adjusting JL Drag Link to Straighten Steering Wheel A7E8FF54-1024-4F1F-9F8F-75291D322A1D

Should the jeep be in Neutral?

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
thx. i went wrong way first time. made the ESC light come on. I am centered now. will that go off on next drive? thx

Sponsored

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
I just lifted my Jeep and my steering wheel is slightly to the left. Loosened the nut and clamp and could not get the bar to adjust. It would not move at all. 2021 Jeep Willys 1200 miles

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just lifted my Jeep and my steering wheel is slightly to the left. Loosened the nut and clamp and could not get the bar to adjust. It would not move at all. 2021 Jeep Willys 1200 miles
If you’ve got the bolt loosened up and can’t get the knurled adjuster to spin, then you could try a pry bar to help spread the ears of the clamp a bit. Wouldn’t need much

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
My weenie arms alone couldn't break the adjuster loose the first time either. Just use a big tongue and groove wrench.
Sponsored