Sponsored

Adjusting Driver's (Manual)Seat While Wearing a Watch?

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
There has got to be a generation gap thing here. Literally nobody my age wears a watch, unless we're going to a special function and its a fashion accessory. Do you guys not have cell phones? Or is this a work site thing, wear you need to know the time while hanging on the side of a building with tools in both hands?
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
There has got to be a generation gap thing here. Literally nobody my age wears a watch, unless we're going to a special function and its a fashion accessory. Do you guys not have cell phones? Or is this a work site thing, wear you need to know the time while hanging on the side of a building with tools in both hands?
Definitely right. There is a gap here. I rather leave my phone at home than my watch.
I like to wear a watch, some people like tattoos( your generation?) how useful are those?:facepalm: That’s my tattoo

image.jpg

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Definitely right. There is a gap here. I rather leave my phone at home than my watch.
I like to wear a watch, some people like tattoos( your generation?) how useful are those?:facepalm: That’s my tattoo
Hmm... good point on tattoos, everyone seems to have one. Though the benefits to my... personal life... have been, shall we say, non - trivial.

Joking aside, I literally need my phone on me for work. Increasing number of people like that, and I'll wager an awfully large number of the engineers who designed the jeep fall in that category.

Though... I will admit... if I had a watch like that, I'd probably prefer it to my phone, too. Dang, that thing is something...

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
MVIMG_20180729_094643.jpg

image.jpg
100% agree. I've been wearing watches since I was in grade school and feel naked without one on my wrist. Unlike a cell phone watches keep telling time far from a power source.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm... good point on tattoos, everyone seems to have one. Though the benefits to my... personal life... have been, shall we say, non - trivial.

Joking aside, I literally need my phone on me for work. Increasing number of people like that, and I'll wager an awfully large number of the engineers who designed the jeep fall in that category.

Though... I will admit... if I had a watch like that, I'd probably prefer it to my phone, too. Dang, that thing is something...
Cool. Joking aside I also depend on my phone for work. I simply like watches.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’m one of the few that still prefer a pocket watch. You can’t find good ones anymore, have to get rebuilt older ones. I was raised on a dairy farm and was always getting crystals broke in wrist watches.
Yep, I’m a dinosaur.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Ive always ran Bartact seat covers but this time we're not because the leather seats are so nice we don't want to cover them up. So the issue is I used to carry my Kimber ultra in the pocket on front side of seat (perfect spot). That made adjusting the seat while driving a bit of a contortion act. Got in the habit of adjusting it while parked and door open. Now I need to find a good carry spot that is quick yet stealthy. I holster it when getting out but seat belts make holster carry while driving a bit cumbersome for me and my wife at least. Not quite as much space as our JLU or the JLUR we had.

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
I have same problem as OP. I wear a fitbit that got whacked on the door. I was adjusting seat while at a stop light.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

image.jpg
MVIMG_20180729_094643.jpg

100% agree. I've been wearing watches since I was in grade school and feel naked without one on my wrist. Unlike a cell phone watches keep telling time far from a power source.

thumbnail_20180729_144642.jpg
thumbnail_20180729_144713.jpg
View attachment 72166 View attachment 72167

I wear some form of a watch 24/7.

Karl_in_Chicago, need to get me an Omega someday.

**** Really need me some photography skills and equipment. ****

I adjust the seat with the crossover right hand technique; to keep the thread on track.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wear some form of a watch 24/7.

Karl_in_Chicago, need to get me an Omega someday.

**** Really need me some photography skills and equipment. ****
Nice collection. I too need to get me a Seamaster. Even if it gets on the way to adjust the seat (to stay in the thread).

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Wouldn't the simplest solution be to not let anyone else adjust your seats? Set 'um for you, and NOBODY TOUCH 'UM! If you need to share the Jeep, just sell a few Omegas or Rollys and buy a back up...

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Wouldn't the simplest solution be to not let anyone else adjust your seats? Set 'um for you, and NOBODY TOUCH 'UM! If you need to share the Jeep, just sell a few Omegas or Rollys and buy a back up...
I personally adjust my seat after I've been driving for several hours. A change of position can make for a more comfortable ride for me at least. Up, down back and forth whatever works. Do it when wheeling for long periods also.
Sponsored