Sponsored

Adjusting Draglink (Steersmart in particular)

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
So I got my 2.5 Lift kit installed
With 2 Front adjustable arms , Front & Rear track bar. Along with Steersmart draglink and tie rod.

I had taken the vehicle to get an alignment which we center the steering wheel, but when all said and done, my steering wheel was at 11 0clock position for it to drive straight

Got home , adjusted it myself loosening and tighten over 20 times
No matter how I tried to adjust it
It is either off to left or to right.

Which I tighten down the clamps on the drag link that’s when my steering wheel will get thrown off. I have tried taking into consideration of which direction of movements will go when tighten, well that didn’t work either.

Anyone have some input?
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Sounds like you are adjusting in too large of increments. Try making small (or very small) adjustments (just snug the bolts) take it for a short drive on a flat surface (parking lot behind a strip mall usually works well) and repeat till steering wheel is dead straight and then torque to specs. If you are still having trouble, try putting a center indexing mark (blue painters tape with pencil a mark works) on the bottom of the draglink to use as a guide. Took less than 10 minutes to adjust my SteerSmarts draglink and get the steering wheel dead straight this way.

OP
OP
MrFenderpicks

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Sounds like you are adjusting in too large of increments. Try making small (or very small) adjustments (just snug the bolts) take it for a short drive on a flat surface (parking lot behind a strip mall usually works well) and repeat till steering wheel is dead straight and then torque to specs. If you are still having trouble, try putting a center indexing mark (blue painters tape with pencil a mark works) on the bottom of the draglink to use as a guide. Took less than 10 minutes to adjust my SteerSmarts draglink and get the steering wheel dead straight this way.
Well I turn the tube until my steering wheel is center, then tighten down the clamps.
And during the tightening process
The steering wheel would get out of center once again

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Well I turn the tube until my steering wheel is center, then tighten down the clamps.
And during the tightening process
The steering wheel would get out of center once again

Make sure when adjusting (and before snugging up the bolts for test drive) that the draglink ends stay parallel and that the adjusting sleeve does not move during tightening.
Sponsored